The passing of my little karateka

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

girlychuks

Ciara died as a result of a car accident in Sunday afternoon. She was a fierce little kicker right up to end. She loved her dojo and all her friends and instructors in it.

Following are some pics of Ciara at a summer demo.

I can't even go into how much I miss her. Her father and are are barely keeping each other up.

I so dreamed of getting a blackbelt with her. She was so proud that she learned 2 pinan. She would put signs on her door that said, "Warning! I'm a kraty kid!"

I had to write her obituary this morning. She was so amazing- the funeral director warned me about length, but it ended up two pages long.

I can't write anymore. I am posting pictures so maybe you can see her intensity and her focus.

Attachments

• $ciara3.jpg
    $ciara3.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 565

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You and your family have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies for your loss. I saw the notice posted earlier and it was hard to hold back tears. She was a beautiful girl.

OP
G

girlychuks

She was shy in this pic....

Attachments

• $ciara4-2.jpg
    $ciara4-2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 556
OP
G

girlychuks

Ciara loved dragon shirts. Her service will have her in a casket her father built with his own hands. She will have her little Gi on display with her little blue belt.
Ciara loved dragons and the power they represented. She was not a girly girl- her outfit for the funeral will be her favorite shirt (a black t shirt with dragons flying around a castle) and her favorite blue jeans, and her beloved dragon necklace one of her little karate friends gave her for christmas.

So much for frilly dresses and white coffins. She simply wasn't that type of girl. She had a front ball kick that could lay me out.

I swear- if she had had ten more years in this world she would have been able to lay half you guys on your butts.
I miss her so much. I don;t think I wil ever be able to do karate again. I found my gi jacket frozen in a trash bag after the accident.
She died instanly on impact- me, and her baby brother were both in the car, and he escaped without injury. I only have a couple cracked ribs and a broken heart.
How do you go on???

Attachments

• $ciara5-2.jpg
    $ciara5-2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 550

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by girlychuks
How do you go on???

By recognizing and respecting how pleased she would be to know that the family that she loved had survived.

This is just a terrible thing. I don't know what more to say. I'm sorry.

mtabone

Green Belt
Reaction score
You have my deepest sympathies girlychuks.

You wrote above : . I don;t think I wil ever be able to do karate again.

Please ask yourself this question :

"What do you think Ciara would want you to do about your Karate training?"

In Love and Light

Michael Tabone

(sorry, there is no action, or smilie face for a straight bow. So I will just have to write it between *)

*Deep Bow*

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is nothing I Can say that will make a difference or change what has happened. For that I am truly sorry.

The loss of a loved one let alone a child is a traumatic event.
If I am sitting here crying and having a problem typing, I cannot imagine your position. I know that after my mother died I was in shock for a while. It was a tough time.

I apologize for rambling.

My Deepest condolences and respects go out to you and your family.

:wah:

OP
Q

Quick Sand

As I sit here looking at the pictures of your darling daughter and reading about her, I am crying.

My deepest and most sincere sympathies are extended to you and your family.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
GC, post as many pictures here as you like, and share as many memories as you can. If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. If it is within my ability to do so, I will see it done.

peace.

Bob Hubbard

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Thank you Girlychuk for posting thos pictures and putting a face to your little one for us.

She was such a beauty, the pictures show her personality shine through. No doubt she would have had a stellar life, if fate did not step in so suddenly.

Be proud of the child you raise, and thank God for the short time you had her. For no doubt she changed your life in more ways then can be printed down.

I think it is obvious that we share your grief, though it doesn't even begin to compare. I hope you can take some strength from what everyone has said, and know that we will continue to pray for your little one and for you too.

Dot Kelly

:asian:

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by girlychuks .......
How do you go on???....

I understand how hollow the words from a stranger in moment like this. Sadly, I know how this feels all too well....

It is so hard to go on....But your son needs you..... That is why you MUST carry on......... Your little angel would want you to carry on. Ciara would want you to live and live bravely, so that she too can continue to live in your heart.... That is why you must go on......

OP
K

Kirk

I stayed up for hours after reading the first post, by your brother.
I have an 11 month old, and the thought of losing her keeps me
awake at night, very often.

I know the love in your heart that you feel for your daughter, and
I couldn't even come close to comprehending the sorrow and loss
you feel now.

I just wish I could do something, anything for you and your family
to help you with your pain, but I know there's nothing I could
possibly do.

To echo Bob's response, If there is anything I can do for you,
please do not hesitate to ask. If it is within my ability to do so, I
will see it done.

God be with you and your family.

OP
Y

yilisifu

Dearest Girlychucks,

I wrote to your brother and explained that I had also suffered a similar loss. My eight year old son, Chris, was killed four years ago when a car struck him as he crossed the road. I could not train for two years because it reminded me so much of him (he loved to practice with me).

This is the time when you will find out how strong your faith really is. Ask God for help and comfort. Only He can help you during this tragic time in your life.
And know that there are others out here who have suffered as you are suffering. We understand and our prayers are with you.

It truly is the worst pain imaginable. The wound never heals; you simply learn to live with it. In time. Don't push yourself.

God does all things well. Have faith and trust in Him. Let Him use you to turn this negative into a positive so that some good can come of it. I discovered that after Chris's death, I wanted to reach out and help those who had suffered the same kind of loss. It made me a better person, I think.

And know that when your time comes, Ciara will be waiting for you, anxious to show you her new hiding places, games, and friends. Perhaps my son is one of them.

You are not alone, Dear One. There are those of us out here who truly understand and we will always be here for you.

You may not feel like training for a time and that's alright. But remember all that martial arts has done for you and how much Ciara loved/loves it. Remember all it did for her while she was here. And you will put on your uniform again and go back to practice just as you will go back to living. But you will be different. You'll be a stronger and better person who truly understands the meaning of love and compassion.

Just remember, she'll be waiting. Have no doubt of that.

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Words are so fewtail (sp?) at a time like this, but it's all I have.

As a parent my heart cries with you.
As a MA'ist my heart cries with you.
As a fellow human being my heart cries with you.

Take care

/Yari

OP
T

TkdWarrior

My Deepest condolences goes out to you and your family.
she was a really beautiful kid
-TkdWarrior-

OP
R

RyuShiKan

I cannot explain how sorry I am to hear of your loss but please remember God takes people for a reason.
It is said that God only take a child because he needs another Angel.

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I can barely type through the tears. Your daughter is beautiful and I agree with the person who said God must have needed another angel. my prayers and thoughts are with you and though we've never met if i can help in any way I'll do it. God be with you.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

I respect the people that have responed to this post.

There is an Okinawan saying:
"Shikinoo chui shiihii shiru kurasuru." - Let's live helping each other in this world.

This saying is the heart of true martial arts. The arts main pupose is not to beat people up but to help those that need it in whatever way possible.

OP
G

girlychuks

I wish I could write more but I am exhausted. I just wanted to say thank you all for looking at her pics and just meeting her, even if it it is posthumous and online. I feel like I have tell the world about her. I never want her to be forgotten.

She was supposed to test for her next belt promotion this Friday, and that will be the day of her service. The dojo has postponed the test so that friends from her dojo and all her instructors can come.

Just knowing that people are looking at her pictures and taking time to hug and look at their babies is healing in a way.

Thank you all. I will let you know more as time goes by. All I ask is that you hug your kids extra hard and just take the extra time to read that story or look really hard at the picutre they drew you or just appreciate them while you have them.
Cathy

qizmoduis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I will help remember your daughter for you.

I have a 6 year old little girl who takes kenpo lessons with me. She's stubborn and frustrating, shy and chatty, and her smile lights up the room. I can't imagine my life without her.

I am so sorry for your loss. Words cannot suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions