In loving memory of Ciara

deadhand31

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The 7th layer of Hell. Wisconsin, to the rest of y
Ciara was not an innovator of any art. You won't read about her in any history book. You won't find her featured in any magazine. The only belt she held was a blue in Shaolin Kempo Karate, but she had the heart that far exceeds any black belt.

On January 5th, 2003, Ciara, the daughter of my sister, known on this forum as girlychuks, was killed in a car accident. She was only 7 years old. She was a very loving little girl, always having a smile on her face.

She also had the gift to bring joy to so many others. Once, when she visited a nursing home, she encountered a man who was almost always cranky and grumpy. She just went up to him and said "HI! I'm keewa. I have balloon", and she lit his face up, and melted away any roughness. She also helped two autistic children in their play-therapy, helping them to become verbal.

Some may find this an innappropriate post, but she was a martial artist, and she did bring so much joy and inspiration to many of us.

May she rest in peace.

Baoquan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you and your family. Nothing is so devastating as losing someone so young.

My thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of grief.

Baoquan.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nothing inappropriate about it.

My deepest condolences to you and your family on your loss.

-Bob Hubbard

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How terrible. I have an eight year old daughter and a story like this chills me. My condolences.

Y

yilisifu

About four years ago, my eight-year old son, Chris, was killed when he was struck by a car. I understand your grief completely. It is every parent's worst nightmare.

It is likely, however, that little Ciara is not resting. She's probably having more fun than we can possibly imagine and she's in d*mned fine company!

Please accept my condolences, my friend. Only those who have been there can truly understand.

I understand.

J

Jill666

Thank you for telling us. Now there are a few more who know about Ciara and make her memory stronger.

K

KenpoGirl

:( What a terrible thing to happen. Please send my very deepest condolences to Girlychuks and to all of your family.

A huge loss this is to loose someone so young.

:asian:

K

Kirk

My deepest condolences to Ciara's family. I will pray for you all
tonight.

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. My prayers go out to your whole family.

W

webmasterc

"Death be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so,
For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poor death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,
Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee do go,
Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
And poppy, or charms can make us sleep as well,
And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally,
And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die."

---John Donne

My deepest heartfelt sympathies.......

OP
D

deadhand31

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The 7th layer of Hell. Wisconsin, to the rest of y
2 weeks ago, I tested for my black belt. Ciara had watched several of my previous testings, and she was always proud of me, no matter how I did. I was really looking forward to having her watch me test for black.

Even though she couldn't be there, I know that somewhere, she was watching me. I had a special belt made in her memory. It's the first black belt I ever put around my waist. Here it is.

Attachments

• $dedication.jpg
    $dedication.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 253
K

Kirk

Originally posted by deadhand31
2 weeks ago, I tested for my black belt. Ciara had watched several of my previous testings, and she was always proud of me, no matter how I did. I was really looking forward to having her watch me test for black.

Even though she couldn't be there, I know that somewhere, she was watching me. I had a special belt made in her memory. It's the first black belt I ever put around my waist. Here it is.

Congratulations on your black belt. The embroidering is both
thoughtful, and touching. I never had the pleasure of meeting
that little angel, but I don't doubt she was beaming with pride
when you put it around your waist.

Latest Discussions