The Next US President

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Now this is not to get into a big debate or anything. I just want a name and perhaps a small reason why, but be careful, politics are touchy and I don't want any fighting.

So who do you want for next President

Bush :idunno:
Kerry :)
Other :rolleyes:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Other - is she running?

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Bammx2 said:
jesse ventura! if he would run...........

Hell ya! I'd second that!

Then again, he would just take votes away from Kerry I think, so that would be bad.

As I said before, I'm not pro-Kerry, but i'm certainly anti-bush.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kerry. Not only do I think Dubya is the worst President we've had as a nation, I actually actively like Kerry. I think he has integrity, and I'm pretty cynical. Nobody's perfect, but I think he does well.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Personally, I would have preferred Howard Dean as a Democratic nominee (while I myself am a registered independent) --- but John Kerry it is. With John Edwards as his running mate, I think Kerry has a damn fine shot.

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dubya seriously scares me :uhohh: ....him and Cheney...I think they could seriously destroy the world without even trying. Kerry has got my vote.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kerry. I like his record. And I agree that GW Bush is the worst president this country has ever had.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow - so, if we throw in my vote for Kerry (cuz I don't think Ms. Jane Other is running), so far we are at:

9 for Kerry
1 for Bush

Interesting numbers!!!! I LIKE IT!!!
:partyon::partyon:

P

ParrotheadTPA

Tough one. I really don't like Kerry or Bush. I disliked Bush's brother Jeb so much that I worked on the McBride campaign when he got re-elected gov. of FL. Who's the Libertarian candidate again? j/k...I liked Edwards, so with Kerry choosing him as a running mate I might have to rethink things.

M

Melissa426

I was strongly leaning towards Kerry till yesterday when he picked Edwards as his running mate. No way do I want Edwards in the White House.
Now, I got to think things over again.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Melissa426 said:
I was strongly leaning towards Kerry till yesterday when he picked Edwards as his running mate. No way do I want Edwards in the White House.
Now, I got to think things over again.
I'm curious ... why?

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kerry. He wasn't my first pick, but I'll go with him.

I have a huge list of reasons for getting read of George W...leading them all is that he's ignorant. He squandered what could have been a firsr rate education. He can't speak extemporaneously and in doing so gives the impression that he is a buffoon.

I borrow the "buffoon" description from my surgeon, a Republican, who described Dubya thus. A Republican, note.

Regards,

Steve

M

Melissa426

michaeledward said:
I'm curious ... why?

John Edwards made his money as a trial lawyer, suing corporations and doctors, and winning millions of dollars for his himself and his clients. Does that make him a great lawyer? I am sure it does.

Eat too much at McDonald's and now you're fat? Go ahead and sue.
Your kid didn't make the cheerleading squad? Go ahead and sue.
You smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for 30 years and now have lung cancer? Go ahead and sue.

Malpractice insurance rates are skyrocketing, and this has created a real crisis in many areas. Edwards blames the insurance companys. I blame the trial lawyers, who are preying on folks trying to hit the medical or corporate malpractice lottery/jackpot. Many companies or physicians settle "frivolous" lawsuits, just so they don't have to waste their time defending them.

There will be no real tort reform with John Edwards in office. After all, he has benefitted greatly from the current system. The American Trial Lawyers Association couldn't be happier that he is running for VP

I am not, repeat NOT, saying that they are not some people who have been seriously injured due to corporate or medical malfeasance.

Yes, this issue is serious enough to make me want to consider if John Edwards should be that close to the presidency.

Latest Discussions