• We should have more polls here.

• There are already enough polls.

• I am undecided on the polling issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If polls are well written about specific topics or issues, then these can provide useful information and lead to good discussions.

- Ceicei

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
flatlander said:
Don't feel obligated to comment. What can you say, really? Just exercise your right to vote.
Comment, comment, comment... oh wait a tic, I wasn't obligated. :D
I go with what CeiCei said. If they're useful and to the point and provide a good broad demographic on the question in question (??? :rolleyes: ) then by all means. But some have been rawther pointless. So think ye carefully before polling. Is it really worth polling?

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How does one post a poll? I haven't been able to figure it out since we switched to this new format.

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The funny part is I know how all of you voted

from here:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_vb_poll_explain

How do I create and vote in polls?You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls' and this is how to create them:

Creating a new poll

When you post a new thread, you may have the option to also create a poll.

This function allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:

What is your favorite color?

1. Red
  2. Blue
  3. Yellow
  4. Green
  5. Sky-blue pink with yellow spots
To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes! post a poll' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it only stays open for voting for a week.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:rofl: The self-reflective nature of this post cracks me up.

Polls are interesting, for the most part.