The Men Who Stare at Goats

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been seeing trailers for this movie opening 11/6. It looks hilarious. I'm gonna see it. :D

[yt]F-Osklk0MaM[/yt]

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I understand that the book talks a fair amount about well-known Hwa Rang Do practitioner Michael Echanis, who dies in the 80s.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
They say its based on a true story. I've found this, but I really don't know if I have to time to verify if its correct. All I have to say is that it would surprise me if it was true.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I understand that the book talks a fair amount about well-known Hwa Rang Do practitioner Michael Echanis, who dies in the 80s.

Get outta town! I was gonna see it anyway, now I have to see it - being diarrhea and all, ya know.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm all for it, not only does it look hilarious, but anything with Clooney's an automatic must see for me. Odd that Stephen Soderberg is not directing ... but then he's all anti-American, pro communist and all.

I didn't even know there was a book, now I gotta get that too.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm all for it, not only does it look hilarious, but anything with Clooney's an automatic must see for me. Odd that Stephen Soderberg is not directing ... but then he's all anti-American, pro communist and all.

I didn't even know there was a book, now I gotta get that too.

I'm a big Clooney fan too. I'll be seeing it.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Does Echanis have a significant part in the book? Does he go into him in detail? I always found him a fascinating character.

Tames D. - Yeah, I love Clooney. For some reason the way he delivers his lines, his gait, many little things about him reminds me of my favorite actor Cary Grant.

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't know there was a book either. When I saw the "based on the unbelievably true story" I thought it just movie stuff, humor. Ya know, like Fargo.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
More trailers! This looks like fun!

Is this supposed to be based on the Stargate Project? I was reading paperbacks about that back in the 1980's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project

I recall reading it was a US Army INSCOMM project before it was transferred to the CIA and then killed.

Looks like a great movie, though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another short trailer - EYEBALLS!

Last edited by a moderator:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Love this quote from the commentary section of the "Crazy Rulers" video...
This whole walking through walls thing has a major problem. What if yu get yourself to a point where you can walk through it, how would your body know that you're not supposed to fall straight through the ground??/?????
Now is it me or does that general look a lot like he's the brother of... THIS man?
marshall_h_applewhite.jpg
0.jpg

As far as the movie goes... I'll probably watch it because I love the idea of Clooney trying to tell Ewan McGreggor he's a Jedi Knight...the irony of that is just too gleeful to ignore.
It'll be just a nutty fun film to watch.

Latest Discussions