My husbands fallen in love with an American!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He saw her first yesterday and is pining away for love of her. Okay shes big and powerful, makes a noise that sets his heart racing. I can't get any sense out of him , all he has is this dreamy look in his eyes. I'll just have to wait until he's over it, I can't see them ever getting together, she's too expensive for over here.
this is the spitting image of her.

Must admit the engine does make a noise that gives you goosebumps lol!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Aww just tell him to look at one of these and he should be all better.

aston-martin-v12-vantage-1.jpg

Aston Martin V12 Vantage

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
He saw her first yesterday and is pining away for love of her. Okay shes big and powerful, makes a noise that sets his heart racing. I can't get any sense out of him , all he has is this dreamy look in his eyes. I'll just have to wait until he's over it, I can't see them ever getting together, she's too expensive for over here.
this is the spitting image of her.

Must admit the engine does make a noise that gives you goosebumps lol!
Well luv, maybe you should cross the line as well eh? It is ... everyman's fantasy ... no?

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I had one years ago, tell him that after a few months they're no different then any other one. Their *** end goes all over the place, there's a gas problem, they require lots of maintenance, and quite honestly...you tire quickly of them. There are quicker and less expensive ways to get there.....

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL! I like the Aston better.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a bit of a car fan I'm afraid lol! On the garrison at the moment we have loads of great cars driving around, the lads have been saving their money while on deployment and buying cars when they get back, there's BMWs, VWs and even a couple of Jags which are very nice.There's one Ferrari as well! The Mustang he saw was left hand drive so imported in, it's very solid compared to the Japanese sports cars which we also have many of but it has that 'bubbling' noise when idling at the traffic lights then that throaty one when it drives off leaving everything standing lol. The Aston I admit is really nice.
It's the single lads who have been buying the swish cars, the married ones have new family cars as they also nearly all have new babies too lol!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If he lusts for a V8 burble, then tell him that a TVR will do the trick (maybe a Cerbera).

Otherwise, Xue is quite right; an Aston Martin is superior in every way to a Mustang. Even my missus will reluctantly admit to that and she is a lunatic Yank Tank fan-girl :lol:.

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
If he lusts for a V8 burble, then tell him that a TVR will do the trick (maybe a Cerbera).

Otherwise, Xue is quite right; an Aston Martin is superior in every way to a Mustang. Even my missus will reluctantly admit to that and she is a lunatic Yank Tank fan-girl :lol:.

Expect for the fact...it's not a Mustang!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nah after watching that video here a year or so back... THIS is what I would like to have... heh...

bugatti-veyron.gif

Bugatti Veyron

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Except for the fact...it's not a Mustang!

You managed to say that with a straight face - well done :applause:.

The older Mustangs at least made up for their lack of effective performance and handling with looking cool (bow down and thank Steve McQueen for that). The modern ones ...

Xue, you have good taste in cars my friend.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score

TVRs are sweet, Suke. There's one parked down by the beach that I ogle each spring. I recall reading about these lovelies in the seventies. Hand built, as I recall, and I believe they still use side-curtains (removable windows, as opposed to roll-downs.)

All respect due to the Aston-Martin, I do think that Ford has finally given Mustang an overdue makeover that is worthy of its legendary badge.

TVR3.jpg

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to admit I'm a muscle car fiend. I have a manual '06 Mustang GT Deluxe that I love. But I don't like most Mustangs, even the "classics". There are other classic muscle car models that I absolutely love.

I'm not a fan of the new Charger. It doesn't look like a true muscle car to me. I've never driven one so I don't know how it feels.

I wanted the new Mustang because, not being mechanically inclined to keep a classic running, I could get the look, feel, and sound I so love.

My first car was a 1976 Regal with a 350, strong runner, fast and loaded. My second car was a 1987 Cutlass Salon (the rare model) 307 4barrel, loaded, very nice.

I'm not a sports car fan either. I like what I like. There's no accounting for taste.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have to admit I'm a muscle car fiend.

:eek: Muscle Cars :EG:

Shelby-Cobra-427-blue-fa-lr-1280x960.jpg

However the only car I ever owned that could actually be called a muscle car was a 1973 duster with a 340 with a 4bbl

See below, however mine was solid green and and could be refered to as a sleeper...I liked sleepers :EG: Hiowever I only had this car for about 6 months

1973_duster_340_drvr_fender.jpg

However I did have an old Buick for a long time with a 350 Big Block that was damn powerful and longer than a 8 foot bed pickup truck :EG:

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mmm ... Cobra. Who cares if it can't stop or turn corners, some cars just have charisma :lol:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Mmm ... Cobra. Who cares if it can't stop or turn corners, some cars just have charisma :lol:

PFHHT

It's an American Muscle car...we don't need no stinking brakes or cornering we just go REALLY fast REALLY Straight :D

If I had the slightest interest in speed, handling, braking and power I’d get one of these.

index2.jpg

But who needs handling and braking in the USA :rolleyes: :D

However, it shames me to admit this, being American and all, but I did come really really close (several years ago) to getting one of these once :disgust:

:D

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Damn right Xue! It's all about American muscle ... even though my daily driver is a very civilized Lexus sedan. One of these days though I'm gonna get myself a Corvette.

Latest Discussions