The Matrix 2 and X-Men 2

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by pesilat
Yup. I'm definitely hyped about both of these. Not only is Nightcrawler in it, but it looks like (in the previews) they actually did a good job of portraying his powers.

Also looking forward to "The Hulk." Hopefully they won't botch it :)

Mike
I watched it. Not only his powers, but his character. He had a very religious and spiritual side to him and they kept that in the movie.

The only thing that I thought X-Men 2 could improve on was the sound FX for Nightcrawler. The poomf could've used more bass in poo

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by lost_tortoise
The Gambit clue was one that I missed. My wife, however, missed the Hank McCoy television appearance. Now, I will have to see it again....and again...and again.

Pesilat, way to deep for me....I was just looking to be entertained...lol:D But yeah, good point!

I wonder how deeply they'll develop Gambit's character. Kitty Pride looks like she is just brief candy for each movie, but I wouldn't mind seeing Glitter (one of the few newer characters I liked in the books....I am old people, leave me alone) develop.

Lastly, I think that they are treading on thin ice with the third one. I don't see how they could ever hope to bring that plotline to the screen. When Jean appeared in that incarnation, it made for some of the most incredible comic reading in history IMHO:D
How they will live up to the best ;) run of story in comics is beyond me.

geoffrey

P.S. Moro, Captain America?!? Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?

I missed the Hank McCoy bit! Damn!

I'm willing to bet in the next movie they will have Colossus, Gambit, shadowcat, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Iceman and Rogue......The bad guys will be Magneto, Pyro and Mystique......maybe get Toad back and hopefully have the Blob etc.

I'm pretty sure there soon gonna have to give Wolvie his own movie......Cuz there is actually too much history to put into an X-men movie :asian:

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet in the next movie they will have Colossus, Gambit, shadowcat, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Iceman and Rogue......The bad guys will be Magneto, Pyro and Mystique......maybe get Toad back and hopefully have the Blob etc.

Well, Storm (or at least Halle Berry) won't be in the third movie due to the part not being big enough for her. Not really a big loss if you ask me.... at least in terms of story lines, she makes wonderful eye candy. :)

The team is already almost too big for the story to focus on right now, the addition of Gambit would just muck it up even further. I'd rather see more focus on Cyclops the leader, and preferably a grim and pissed off Cyclops after the events in this movie. I missed the Gambit reference, but I did see a folder for "Project Wideawake."

Given Rogue's movie powers, I don't see her on any team.

Actually, I hope Magneto takes a back seat in the third movie, and want to see the Hellfire Club and its assorted storylines particularly the Phoenix storyline. Of course maybe I just wanna see the White and Black Queen's outfits. ;)

Lamont

moromoro

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
brisbane australia, zamboanga philippines, sorsogo
one thing i was pissed off about was the end of kelly hu caracter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

how the heck could they do that...........................

she was awesome........ id like to see her in the next movie

she worth the price of the ticket

OP
M

Master of Blades

Yeah I was slightly annoyed with how they killed Lady Deathstrike.....Shes kinda a big storyline for Wolverine.....But yeah, as with the team being too big.....Wolvy will get his own Movie....and then they will probably divide the teams up like they did in the comics and have two seperate storylines that just lead back into one at the end. Wouldnt mind seeing the Brotherhood of Mutants in the next one........and if they get rid of Nightcrawler I will actually have to beat up Singer :D

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Opal Dragon
I probably won't go see Matrix 2 (never watched the first one) but I'm dying to go see X-men 2!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

Robyn :boing2: :boing1: :boing2:

That's my original quote from page 1 of this thread and I'd quote what others have said (about how I should watch the Matrix) but I don't know how to make multiple quotes.

Okay---I take it back. I finally watched the first Matrix movie Saturday night and I thought it was really cool! Before when I'd only seen parts of it or heard people trying to explain the "matrix universe", I couldn't understand it for anything but I finally "get it" now after watching the whole movie. ;) Now I'm really looking forward to seeing Matrix Reloaded! Maybe I'll get to see it this weekend. :) I know everyone else who has seen it so far, has loved it.

Robyn :asian:

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm glad you told me otherwise I wouldn't have known! Sometimes, I stay until the very end of the credits anyway but most of the time, movies don't have anything at the end (Holes did). Thanks for telling me! :)

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hee hee! No, you're not a geek! My family follow certian movie news and updates pretty closely too (the Lord of the Rings trilogy for instance). Anybody who "cared" about the Matrix longer than I have (only since Saturday night) or maybe watch Entertainment Tonight would probably know about the trailor at the end. :)