The Matrix 2 and X-Men 2

OP
L

lost_tortoise

Just returned from X2! Incredible! I stand corrected...Nightcrawler was as aesthetically pleasing as he needed to be. It seems Kurt's accent is the only one to migrate from the books. Where is Ororo's accent? And Peter's (Colossus)?!? The third film is bound to be outstanding......

SHE IS RISEN!

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by lost_tortoise
Just returned from X2! Incredible! I stand corrected...Nightcrawler was as aesthetically pleasing as he needed to be. It seems Kurt's accent is the only one to migrate from the books. Where is Ororo's accent? And Peter's (Colossus)?!? The third film is bound to be outstanding......

LOL. Yeah, I kinda noticed the accents as well, but didn't really pay much attention to it.

I kind of get the impression that they're downplaying the ethnicity of a lot of the characters. I don't think they've mentioned Ororo's being African (much less a "goddess") and I know they didn't mention that Peter is Russian at all. I think maybe that they're kind of playing most of the characters as "American" which, in a roundabout way, stresses the bigotry. They're not being discriminated against because they're from other countries or because of their skin color ... but simply because they're mutants.

I think, in a way, it highlights the prejudism while also narrowing the scope of the movie (which is important if they really want to keep the movie plots managable).

Perhaps with Nightcrawler, where he's so obviously a mutant, they decided to keep the accent to further stress how different he is ... even among mutants ... yet he is still accepted among them without pause. Yet another subtle way to highlight the bigotry subplots.

Wow ... that's a lot deeper than I had any intention of getting when I started this post.

Mike

OP
S

Shinzu

im up for seeing both of them.. x2 looks great. i havent seen anything yet for matrix reloaded.

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by lost_tortoise

SHE IS RISEN!

lol...the accents were the one bad thing about the movie. hally berry should have to give up that bullcrap oscar she won for not even being able to keep an accent going in a movie.

and colossus? what happened...big thick russian accent in his first line...and then it's gone? lol....

but yeah...i agree...this movie blew the first one out of the water. i just wonder how many movies they plan to make, because there's so much left to cover from the various storylines...

and we haven't even seen the sentinels yet!

OP
J

J-kid

I saw Xman Last night opening night at 12am down town.
It was great i dont want to ruin to much of the movie so i will give one hint at the end of the movie Gene turns in the Pheniox.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by moromoro
is there going to be a X-MEN 3????

After the setup they did in 2, they have to do a 3 or they'll have a bunch of bloodthirsty fans beating down their doors ... some of us, apparently, with sticks and swords and skill to use them ;)

Mike

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

is there going to be a X-MEN 3????

Actually, I think it all depends on how X2 and The Hulk does. SpiderMan was a hit and to lesser extents, so was Blade 2 and DareDevil. I would like them to continue the trend, especially with a Wolverine movie because he has so much movie potential

Speaking of Wolverine, I don't want any spoilers but how was his scenes? From the adverts, it seems like he cuts loose big time. I'm curious because I won't see the movie until Monday :mad:

OP
J

J-kid

Well Wolverine went off when the school was attacked by strikers forces he was in charge of looking after the kids because Gene and strom where looking for nightcrawler and The Profeser and cyclops where off talking to maganito (then where captered).
When the school was attacked Wolvering and about 2 other mutants kicked some ***. Wolvering killed alot of these Hard core special ops soldeirs. I like it when he jumped off the top of the stairs flew down stabed 2 guys then reached up and got 2 more did a flip thing and flinged them off his claws it was real tight. Opps i may have said to much, but its really worth seeing.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, you maybe shoulda prefaced that one with a "Possible Spoiler" message. But it's not that bad. Won't really spoil anything major. But I agree, that scene was excellent.

Mike

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
thanks for spoiling the movie for the people who havent see it guys

Like I said, he probably should have put a "Possible Spoiler" notice.

But nothing of the story line has been compromised. No worries.

Mike

OP
M

Master of Blades

Saw it today and what can I say......GREAT movie......I just thought that more could have happened...You know, less explaining and more action! Still in X-3 they kinda have no excuses and they have to focus on ALL the X-Men.

I thought that Iceman, Pyro, Rogue, Collosus AND NightCrawler were WICKED! Specially Nightcrawler at the beginning.......that was really well done :D

I didnt like the fact that they basically ignored Cyclops and Storm the whole way through the movie.....and I think they could have done more with collosus....But thats all gonna happen in the next movie hopefully :D And from the little clue in the movie (When Mystique is reading the files and it has Remy Lebeu right there) hopefully Gambit should be there :D

But deffinantly better then the first :asian:

OP
S

Shinzu

this is why i hate reading posts about movies i havent seen yet. thanx a bunch guys!!...LOL. i'll be sure not to read anymore of these posts until i see the flick.

i can't wait for the hulk either...looks real good. a captain america movie would be awesome also!!

OP
L

lost_tortoise

The Gambit clue was one that I missed. My wife, however, missed the Hank McCoy television appearance. Now, I will have to see it again....and again...and again.

Pesilat, way to deep for me....I was just looking to be entertained...lol:D But yeah, good point!

I wonder how deeply they'll develop Gambit's character. Kitty Pride looks like she is just brief candy for each movie, but I wouldn't mind seeing Glitter (one of the few newer characters I liked in the books....I am old people, leave me alone) develop.

Lastly, I think that they are treading on thin ice with the third one. I don't see how they could ever hope to bring that plotline to the screen. When Jean appeared in that incarnation, it made for some of the most incredible comic reading in history IMHO:D
How they will live up to the best ;) run of story in comics is beyond me.

geoffrey

P.S. Moro, Captain America?!? Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by Master of Blades
Aight Aight.........The Movies almost out and blah blah blah So whos looking forward to it? I was kinda thinking that the story might be crap because they made Neo like the super guy and he can beat the agents no problem so there isnt really a story to continue with. But from the sound of it this movies sounds wicked!!!! Looking forward to it :D

On another note X-Men 2 looks pretty much a lot better then the first. Also it has Nightcrawler so Im really looking forward to it :rofl:
Watch the trailer for the Matrix 2

Smith can reproduce himself, thus making the term computer virus valid.

There are two new ghost-type people there

The battle isn't really against the agents, but against himself from what it looks like, and all the other people will suffer blah blah

Latest Discussions