The Last Person Thread - 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
I visited a dojo tonight that offers Yoshinkai Aikido and Yang Style Tai Chi. The Sensei seemed very knowledgeable to me, and I will be giving some serious thought of becoming a student of his in the near future. There is another school not too far away that is run by a student of Master Ricardo De La Riva that teaches classes in BJJ/Self defense and Western Boxing that I plan on checking out possibly tomorrow. I can't afford to return to training yet because of priorities with family life, but it's not easy to stay away from it you know? I joked with the Sensei that by the time I can begin training, I will need to learn how to use a cane as a weapon before I'll ever have the time to learn with a sword :)

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
"Judie-Chop!" ... it still makes me chuckle :)

vil2_karate.gif

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Expecting severe weather tomorrow...I think I need to go and buy bread and milk!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty decent in the ER last night. We actually only had ONE guy who had to be put down, and he was at least sensible enough to decide that he didn't want to start swinging at all 8 of us.

TKD tonight.

If only it wasn't snowing. :(

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best skates for beginner, figure or hockey skates?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Best skates for beginner, figure or hockey skates?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Figure skates.

But if it's a guy, he might be more willing to take ice contact over sissy figure skates...:D

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh well ... (sigh) after analyzing everything, I realize that I cannot return to Martial Arts, but what I've learned will stay with me. Time to step off Fantasy Island now, and catch up on all of the chores that need to be done :(

"Wax on, wax off Danielson." ~ Mr. Miyagi

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh well ... (sigh) after analyzing everything, I realize that I cannot return to Martial Arts, but what I've learned will stay with me. Time to step off Fantasy Island now, and catch up on all of the chores that need to be done :(

"Wax on, wax off Danielson." ~ Mr. Miyagi

What!!!!!

I am sporting 2 bad knees and a bad back and I'm returning come hell or high water....there must be away...some style...something

Of course in my case you should be advised and take into consideration my wife and her entire family (all from and most in China) think I am, and call me martial arts crazy. And I was once labeled a "genuine, certifiable MA House O' Pain maniac" by a well-respected and long missing member of MT :D... but all that aside.......I still think there has to be away.

Status
Not open for further replies.