Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The base rules of MartialTalk are in effect with the following changes:
- Heat is allowed. Full out assault is not.

- Sources MUST be cited. Names, dates, locations, etc. in the following format -
Source : Page : Author : Date : LINK if available.

- Quoting of sources is acceptable. Full posting is not. Post an excerpt and then link to the full article.

This is the ONLY place on MT where these debates will be allowed.

If "debate" breaks out elsewhere, the posts will be stripped and dumped in here with a single redirect posted. If the participants continue to disrupt the non TGD threads, they will be warned/suspended/banned accordingly.

We reserve the right to amend these rules as needed to allow discussion without turning into an open-warfare flame pit.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:

- Sources MUST be cited. Names, dates, locations, etc. in the following format -

- Quoting of sources is acceptable. Full posting is not. Post an excerpt and then link to the full article.
I'm not really clear on what the purpose of this forum is. ANY debate?? That which I quoted makes it kinda seem like a literary disccusion zone.

So...anytime I disagree and begin to hash it out with someone (gee, that never happens) then it gets brought here? OR...only when it meets a certain heat-threshold? If it's for ANY debates, then this is going to be one VERY VERY FULL area.

thanks
Your Brother
John

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Friendly debates are welcome everywhere. This forum is specifically for those issues surrounding Martial Arts questions that tend to turn -very- ugly.
- Rank issues
- Lineage issues
- Terminology issues

Non-MA discussion/debates should continue in the Study.

The idea here is to funnel the other issues to 1 place so that other threads can continue to be productive, and not end up locked everytime 2 or 3 people sidetrack and bang heads.

We will tweak this as we go. :)

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks for being flexible, Kaith. I think that making a place for this kind of thing is probably a good thing...I think that other countries have done the same with prostitution and marijuana. It will be interesting to see how this goes...

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:

This is the ONLY place on MT where these debates will be allowed.

If "debate" breaks out elsewhere, the posts will be stripped and dumped in here with a single redirect posted. If the participants continue to disrupt the non TGD threads, they will be warned/suspended/banned accordingly.

We reserve the right to amend these rules as needed to allow discussion without turning into an open-warfare flame pit.

I'm a bit confused. Are these rules for the horror stories forum? or all of the forums? or are they for political discussions? If thats the case I would also suggest the sources be from reliable and un-biased sources. JMO

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those are the rules for this debate forum.
Rest of MT is under the normal rules.
Horror Stories rules were also updated, see sticky there.

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
Or "The Duels"?
HA! Finally!

Keyboards at dawn!!

and no disagreeing with me...I AM omni-potent!
Thats right...I said OMNI-POTENT.

Keyboards?!
Huh?! Huh?!

:uhyeah:

Latest Discussions