sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
Sapper6 ...
Try this, OK ...
Get a MAP ...

Look for Texas ... and Look for Maine.
That's a pretty ****ing expensive Ice cube.

It's time like these that make me glad the Democratic Party has absolutely no power in Washington D.C.

But, boy, do I wish some of those Republicans running the country could remember anything about fiscal conservatism.
Or try this...get a map of the total refrigeration facilities available to store all of that ice. Look up the term "logistics" while you're at it. It's more complicated than openning up your road atlas.

I'd say what happened is that someone ordered more ice than necessary, just in case. Now they have to find a place to store. Refrigeration space usually isn't just lying around, as refrigeration is expensive (usually, when a freezer is turned on, it's because someone is already storing things in it) so they made the decision to keep this ice....on ice, at the nearest available freezer storage locations, which in this case, happens to be where they likely put it.

Of course to the overly simplistic, it's a simple matter of looking at a map and saying "hey, Maine sure is far from Texas, ahuh, ahuh". That's why they call it "myopic".

Questioning whether they could find a closer place, isn't the same as saying a closer place was available.

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
Sapper6 ...
Try this, OK ...
Get a MAP ...

Look for Texas ... and Look for Maine.
That's a pretty ****ing expensive Ice cube.

It's time like these that make me glad the Democratic Party has absolutely no power in Washington D.C.

But, boy, do I wish some of those Republicans running the country could remember anything about fiscal conservatism.

pretty condescending and mature of you there mikey. thanks for the geography lesson. blame away...

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
OK - here's my post on the Blame Game.

I have two very good friends.
One sent me this (IMHO) brilliant note about the Blame Game:

Come on. You can't blame Bush. He wasn't even there. How could he have stopped the levees from breaking? He did exactly what he has done in every situation since he has been president. He put his people on it and went out on a publicity tour to make money and sell is crappy ideas. Is it his fault the people he put on it are either incompetent or on vacation? No, it is not. Obviously your views of how the white house should be run are skewed by your viewing of west wing. Come on now, in the real world if you are on vacation, you are on vacation and no one calls you back just because there is an "emergency" and a city is supposed to be "evacuated". That stuff only happens on t.v. and in the movies. And as anyone can see, the state of Louisiana is completely unable to file the proper paperwork with the proper agencies and therefore didn't deserve federal aid. I mean, if you don't file each of these forms in triplicate how do expect to get anything? Haven't you ever gone to a hospital emergency room and filled out all of their forms? Imagine what you are supposed to do for a Federal Emergency Room!

I think I will play the blame game. New Orleans and Louisiana should have fixed those levees 25 years ago. The city should have used there own buses to evacuate people. FEMA should have had an army down there to help out. The national guard shouldn't be in Iraq. The superdome should have had a better roof. Bush's people should pay attention to this country a little more. Bush should never have appointed the president of the Arabian horse club as the director of a federal disaster agency. For that matter, Bush should never have been elected president. The American people are to blame for this tragedy. And you know what, lets blame Cuba too. I mean, if Cuba had a larger land mass, then it could have sucked up some of the hurricane's strength and maybe it would have only been a Cat 3. Heck, for that matter lets blame Thomas Jefferson for the Louisiana purchase. What was he thinking? Didn't he know this city was below sea level? It is a history of bad decisions all the way back to the founding fathers.

This is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a wookie from the planet Kashyyk. But Chewbacca lives on Endor. This does not make sense. You must acquit. Look at the monkey. Look at the silly monkey.
And I'm hoping for the karma thing to hit the SD Padres because Rumsfeld caught a game there during the hurricane. Go Dodgers.

My other friend took in a family of four, helped the husband get a job, got the wife into night classes and facilitated their two little girls enrollment in school.

Who has done more?

What does the Blame Game accomplish?

The rest of us in this little group of friends raised over 1600 dollars to help. At work, we're putting together school supplies for the displaced children and sending them to the shelters.

So the Government isn't doing anything - are you?
"BY the people, OF the people, for the people." We ARE the government.

OK, I'm off my silly little soap box now..:whip:

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's because the "Blame Game" absolves the "blamer" of any responsibilities. The rationale goes, if I can blame someone else, then I don't have any obligation or responsibility to do anything myself. It's their fault, they should fix it.

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
That's because the "Blame Game" absolves the "blamer" of any responsibilities. The rationale goes, if I can blame someone else, then I don't have any obligation or responsibility to do anything myself. It's their fault, they should fix it.

nice point, i must agree :)

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Several reports today tell us the Military is requesting a 'National Plan' for disaster relief efforts.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/25/national/main883220.shtml

Military officials told President Bush on Sunday that the U.S. needs a national plan to coordinate search and rescue efforts following natural disasters or terrorist attacks.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9477781/

Bush heard military leaders plead for a national plan to coordinate search-and-rescue efforts.
This begs the question ... what the hell has the Department of Homeland Security been doing since its inception?

Donald H. Rumsfeld is a signatory to the National Response Plan. Where does this plan lack the clarity needed to properly respond to a National Emergency. If it was unclear, why did he sign on the dotted line? Why did any other government officials sign on the dotted line?

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/display?theme=14&content=4264

How incompetent do we allow these government officials to be? This

Signators to the National Response Plan:

• Ann M. Veneman - Secretary Department of Agriculture
  • Donald L. Evans - Secretary Department of Commerce
  • Donald H. Rumsfeld - Secretary Department of Defense
  • Rod Paige - Secretary Department of Education
  • Spencer Abraham - Secretary Department of Energy
  • Thommy G Thompson - Secretary Department of Health and Human Services
  • Tom Ridge - Secretary Department of Homeland Security
  • Alphonso Jackson - Secretary Department of Housing and Urban Development
  • Gale A. Norton - Secretary Department of the Interior
  • John Ashcroft - Attorney General Department of Justice
  • Elaine I. Chao - Secretary Department of Labor
  • Colin L. Powell - Secretary Department of State
  • Norman Y. Mineta - Secretary Department of Transportation
  • John W. Snow - Secretary Department of the Treasury
  • Anthony J. Principi - Secretary Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Porter J. Goss - Director Central Intelligence Central Intelligence Agency
  • Michael O. Leavitt - Administrator Environmental Protection Agency
  • Robert S. Mueller III - Director Federal Bureau of Investigation
  • Michael Powell - Chairman Federal Communications Commission
  • Stephen A. Perry - AdministratorGeneral Services Administration
  • Sean O'Keefe - Administrator National Aeronautics and Space Adminstration
  • Ellen Engleman Conners - Chairman National Transportation Safety Board
  • Nils J. Diaz - Chairman Nuclear Regulatory Commission
  • Kay Coles James - Director Office of Personnel Management
  • Hector V. Barreto - Administrator Small Business Administration
  • JoAnne B. Barnhart - Commissioner Social Security Administration
  • Glenn L. McCullough Jr. - Chairman Tennessee Valley Authority
  • Andrew S. Natsios - Administrator U.S. Agency for International Development
  • John E. Potter - Postmaster General and Chief Executive Officer U.S. Postal Service
  • Marsha J. Evans - President and Chief Executive Officer American Red Cross
  • David Eisner - Chief Executive Officer Corporation for National and Community Service
  • S. Jane Morgan - President National Vluntary Organizations Active in Disaster.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Okay...I can't help it.

THE REAL REASON HELP NEVER ARRIVED.

See below.

Regards,

Steve

Attachments

• $why help never arrived.jpg
    $why help never arrived.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 106

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
Okay...I can't help it.

THE REAL REASON HELP NEVER ARRIVED.

See below.
PRICELESS!! I LOVE IT!!

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Is it a real photo, or an editing trick?
:shrug: You had to go and ruin my fun, didn't you? :uhohh:

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now, we should all be ashamed of ourselves because it very well is likely that this is something a dyslexic individual might do.

Does that make anybody else nervous? That he might press the little red button on the left instead of the little blue one on the right?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Heavens he didn't really fly those planes in the National Guard, then.

I like the metaphor idea!

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This, apparently, is not an editing trick.

FEMA has re-hired Michael Brown as a consultant to review the response to Hurricane Katrina.

9:05 p.m.
(CBS) — Later this evening, CBS News correspondent Gloria Borger spoke with a spokesman for FEMA, Russ Knocke, who confirmed that Brown remains on the FEMA payroll. He also said that technically Brown remains at FEMA as a "contractor" and he is "transitioning out of his job." The reason he will remain at FEMA about a month after his resignation, said the spokesman, is that the agency wants to get the "proper download of his experience."

6:44 p.m.
(CBS) — CBS News correspondent Gloria Borger reports that Michael Brown, who recently resigned as the head of the FEMA, has been rehired by the agency as a consultant to evaluate it's response following Hurricane Katrina
I need a friggin' aspirin.