The best Americans

Muay Thai Knee

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I take it you mean US citizens. Or fighters in the US. I can't think of any.

If we are talking South Americans as well....I'd say Wanderlai Silva is definitely one of them. That guy is deadly.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I dont know any to be honest,not saying there arent theres proberly loads but i think they're not as well known on a worldwide circuit....I read this from a dekker's sit.

Thai boxers visiting the U.S. are surprised that most people have never heard of Ramon Dekkers or Sakmongkol. Instead, names like Bill Wallace, Joe Lewis, and Benny Urquidez are often associated with the best in the sport. Wallace, Lewis, and Urquidez may be the best in full-contact karate or kickboxing, but they were definitely not the best in what the world considers to be Thaiboxing or Muay Thai. As a matter of fact, kickboxing to most parts of the world is now known almost exclusively as Muay Thai. I know the many fine Muay Thai practitioners in the United States would rather see their art shown in its full glory. Until the competition promoters accept what is truly the meaning of World Championship, countries that choose to compete at their own level rather than at a global level will continue to lack the experience needed to produce true champions. If the truth is accepted, then you can build from there and eventually reach the level of the true best. Holland is great at Muay Thai because they choose to compete at the global level and they choose to learn from their defeat rather than make up their own world champions in order to misrepresent the sport to their people. They do not seem to hide behind some organization (WKA or ISKA) that chooses to protect its status quo by producing its own world champions with its own stable of fighters.

I dont know though man.....ive seen a couple on k1 but cant remember names...although saying that I cant remember my stepsisters name!

Latest Discussions