Tendencia Arnis

Halls

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get some information (books,videos,internet links,instructors) on this style?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I tried to Google it with no luck are you sure it is spelled that way

Epa

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're talking about the style taught by Sam Tendencia. I don't think that it's a very common style. The only books I've seen that mention it are

Guro Dan's "Filipino Martial Arts:" He has a small blurb about Sam Tendencia who was one of his teachers.

Mark Wiley's "Filipino Martial Culture:" There is a section on Sam Tendencia in the second half of the book (it may be an interview with him).

There is also a short clip of him demonstrating his style's basic counters on The Grandfather's Speak Vol. 1 that the Dog Brothers put out. I think they have a short interview with him at the beginning of that documentary.

I am not aware of any instructional videos of the style or any other sources. If you find some, please share them. If you have any questions about the sources listed here, I have them all and could look up the answers at home when I get the chance.

Hope this helps,
Eric

OP
H

Halls

White Belt
Reaction score
Like you mentioned,I saw him on "Grandfather's speak" and then read about his style in Filipino Martial Culture.
I had done a google search and looked around misc. forums to find very little information.

OP
H

Halls

White Belt
Reaction score
Good suggestion. I might have to do that.

Latest Discussions