Techniques within the forms

H

Hefeweizen

Just a follow up to the techniques on both sides thread.

What techniques in the lower belts are used in the short and long forms? Which ones are used in those forms but are on the other side? (i.e. Five Swords is used, but it is on the left side).

Thanks

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hefeweizen
(i.e. Five Swords is used, but it is on the left side).

I'm not quite sure I follow you here. :confused: Look at five swords? Long 2 has the first 3 movements of five swords while advancing on both sides. Long 4 has two versions of five swords on both sides. :confused:

OP
H

Hefeweizen

I thought that when I was watching someone do one of the forms, part of it seemed like one of the techniques I had learned (five swords) except it was done on the other side. That's what I meant by asking if the forms "include" any of the techniques.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hefeweizen
... That's what I meant by asking if the forms "include" any of the techniques.

Short form 3 and up are all technique forms in application within the form.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seems like some mightly large assumptions. take nothing for granted, and be very specific because you have to if you want to learn something. general knowledge produces general results. Specific knowledge ......

OP
R

rmcrobertson

Short 1's first movement, it may be worth noting, provides a foundation for all the first ten techniques, which I learned as the Yellow Belt techs.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The list can go on and on but I was only responding to the five swords question and that the technique forms are at 3. If you look at long 1 you have Attacking Mace. Attacking Mace also has B1b. Short 1 has the movement of deflecting hammer. etc. etc.

Latest Discussions