• $tat2.jpg
    $tat2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 209

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
5 and I am getting more...

This is a bad pic of 4 of em, but here ya go...

tat1.jpg

C

clapping_tiger

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
That was cool!!!!!!:asian:

Thanks, it was originally supposed to be a tiger and dragon, but since it was a cover up they couldn’t use white so we decided to make it a black panther type cat instead.

Technopunk, I like the tats, What is the fifth one?

Keep 'em coming!

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a werewolf on one shoulder and a werepuma on the other. I thought about making my back a themed scene and I'd add a bear and an eagle, but I think that may be way down the road. I'm getting the old "Don't Tread on Me" American Revolutionary flag over my heart next. I'll see if I can get some pics to post.

K

KanoLives

About 2 years ago I got a tattoo done of my dog. I gave the artist a picture of my dog Kano and had him tattooed on my leg. This past January my best buddy Kano passed away and I could never be happier to have him tattoed on me. I think if you are going to get a tattoo it should truly mean something to you. And if it truly does mean something to you then you really won't care what others think of your tattoo. I was called crazy for getting my dog but he meant something so special to me that it was my way of showing how much he meant to me. I don't think I could have ever returned the love that Kano showed to me and this was my way of trying. For all who want to see it. Here is the link.

My tattoo of Kano

A

andurilking2

whenever i meet someone of utmost importance to me i get their face tattooed on me back (i have one of jesus, one of my ma instructer, one of my training partner, one of each of the members in my family, and one of emeril lagasse :D )

J

Jill666

I've seen this picture before, surfing tat websites!!! Kano is famous- thought you may like to know that.

I once stood in line behind a man who had a face on his forearm with "Dad" underneath, with DOB & DOD included. I thought it was beautiful and told him so.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My bro-in-law's back.

Cthulhu

Attachments

• $douglas-tatooback2.jpg
    $douglas-tatooback2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 184
P

Patty

I have a tattoo that I used to cover up a scar that never faded. Very few people ever see it, but I feel better looking at it than at what preceeded it. When you talk about piercings, though, well, I work for a surgeon's group and all I'm gonna say is know the people you go to well. I don't want to say how frequently we have to deal with botched, infected, or even worse problems from piercings. Common sense comes into play here. If you get a piercing in an area that is going to suffer from repeated friction or moisture, your probably looking at an infection (at the least). I'd hate to describe some of what we see... I mean, just nasty stuff...

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Patty
I have a tattoo that I used to cover up a scar that never faded. Very few people ever see it, but I feel better looking at it than at what preceeded it. When you talk about piercings, though, well, I work for a surgeon's group and all I'm gonna say is know the people you go to well. I don't want to say how frequently we have to deal with botched, infected, or even worse problems from piercings. Common sense comes into play here. If you get a piercing in an area that is going to suffer from repeated friction or moisture, your probably looking at an infection (at the least). I'd hate to describe some of what we see... I mean, just nasty stuff...

Well that just sounds to yucky:(

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well... I've had seven piercings, and haven't had any major problems... had to remove a navel ring, not due to infection or anything, it just wasn't comfortable with dance tights (I minored in dance in college, and ballet was required). Most of my friends have a piercing or two, and none of them have had problems either... the thing is, we all take good care of them and fanatically follow the aftercare directions from our piercer. We also did our research before getting pierced, and went to someone who has an excellent reputation (Sky at Action Tattoo in Yorba Linda, CA) and to a facility that is hospital clean....this place looks like a doctor's office, folks.

The problem with piercings (and tattoos) is that a lot of times people get them on a whim, drunk, or high, without researching proper safety techniques and without paying attention to aftercare instructions. A piercing or tattoo is basically an open wound, and needs to be treated as such until its completely healed, which, for some piercings can take up to a full year, depending on the depth of the piercing.

also, if you walk into a place and can see dirt anywhere, they don't show you everything in its unopened, sterile packaging, and you don't have absolute confidence in the person holding the needle, LEAVE. There are so many excellent tattoo and piercing shops that there is no reason to go to a bad one.

-N-

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The studio that I get my tats at will not touch you if they can smell alchohol on your breath. They start every session by opening the sealed packages that everything comes in right there in front of you. the place is immaculate. Soon as I can get hold of a digital camera I'll post photos of mine.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by theletch1
The studio that I get my tats at will not touch you if they can smell alchohol on your breath. They start every session by opening the sealed packages that everything comes in right there in front of you. the place is immaculate. Soon as I can get hold of a digital camera I'll post photos of mine.

But, if anything, doesn't the alcohol deaden the pain of the ink needle? Would it be okay if I were to take a few pops of whiskey after the artist started his work on me... ;) :)

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by andurilking2
whenever i meet someone of utmost importance to me i get their face tattooed on me back (i have one of jesus, one of my ma instructer, one of my training partner, one of each of the members in my family, and one of emeril lagasse :D )

My daughter recently earned her 1st dan BLACK, and I've been contemplating getting tatted with her image and her name in Korean script on my chest to show how proud I am of her.
Hey, it's the holiday weekend here in the States, I think I'll just go ahead and knock it out... :ultracool

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But, if anything, doesn't the alcohol deaden the pain of the ink needle? Would it be okay if I were to take a few pops of whiskey after the artist started his work on me...

While the whiskey might deaden the pain it will also thin the blood and cause the bleeding to be a lot worse. If you're gonna get ink done then bear down and take the pain. The one on my forearm didn't hurt much at all but the one on my chest hurt like hell. The needle that hurts the most is the one for the outline as it goes somewhat deeper than the needle for the color. The yin/yang on my chest had the dark half done with the outline needle.... yipes:eek:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Fifth one is a Small Demon leaning on a Katana, I am going to have it covered however...

Latest Discussions