Just Wonderd how Many
Martial Artist Out there have Tattoos

And How Many??????????????????????

I have a total 14
How Many Do U have???????????????

:bomb: :EG: :bomb:

M

Master of Blades

I want a picture of a dragon that I found tattoed onto my shoulder.

The 14th Style

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades

I want a picture of a dragon that I found tattoed onto my shoulder.

You found a picture of a dragon tattoed on your shoulder? You might want to cut down on the drinking. :D
I want to get one that represents my Eskrima, but I haven't found one I like yet.

M

Master of Blades

Yeah........Its annoying waking up and finding all these girls numbers on your lap. Its a tough life........:rofl: :shrug: :asian:

K

Kirk

2 .. one is a reminder that I got drunk and stupid at 18, and the
other I like :)

OP
ace

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think Tattos Rock
& so do all of Uuuuuuuuu
:cheers:

M

Master of Blades

Yeah, they are cool but I gotta admit, all those people with Those massive tattoos up and down there arms are gonna look pretty weird when your old and wrinkly!

:rofl: :shrug: :asian:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
I have two but they are such that I can keep them covered so that they never seem unprofessional. Not that they are distasteful or anything, but I think certain situations call for tattoos of any kind being considered unprofessional.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
unfortunate, but true. If tattoos and piercings and the like weren't unprofessional, I'd probably have at least two more piercings (tongue and maybe eyebrow). I'm considering the tattoo on my lower back, so professionalism wouldn't be an issue, because its unprofessional to be showing your lower back at work too, LOL.

Tattoos on guys are fairly well accepted by our society. However, girls don't always get viewed the same way... what do you all think? Tattoos on girls...trashy or cool?

-N-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tats and piercings on the gals - no problem. Personally, if they are tastefully done, I like em both. My GF's looking at Celtic designs. Me, I've got a nice idea for one, just don't have the cash to do it right...I've been quoted about $3-5k for it (huge back design, high detail). I figure I'll get that right after AI have my personal sword made (again another $3-5k item). To be totally honest, I like pierced gals...within reason. If they have enough metal on em to set off the detectors from 20 feet away, well.....) ;)

I've had both ears pierced, have contemplated eyebrow and nipples. Have decided against it more on the $$ and healing time side over any societarial issues.

I think the issue of professionalism depends on the industry. Its been my experience that in the webdesign industry, the 'weirder' you are the 'better' you are. I had a tech supt. mgr when I worked at a local ISP that had both arms done, full back, pierced tounge and nipples, and pierced eyebrow. Got a lot of good pointers from him on how to choose where to go, etc.

I think the key is to do it, but in a way that can work for you in your day 2 day existence. The alternative is to find a job that will allow you the freedom of expression. Thats harder, expecially today where it seems society (at least in the US) is heading back towards the concervatistic 50's mentally.
:asian:

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I've got one and have plans for my second. My wife isn't really enthusiastic about it though....

Thats harder, expecially today where it seems society (at least in the US) is heading back towards the concervatistic 50's mentally.

I don't think so, the number of bodyart parlors is high, and tattoos are much more common now than they were just 10 years ago. Hey, remember when a guy getting his ear pierced was unusual, or even a mark of counter-culture? Think mid-eighties.

Lamont

T

theneuhauser

yeah, i remember people were always confused about one ear piercings and whether it was the right or left that means youre gay...

ive got one tattoo. left ankle.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I had two peircings on my left ear, and one on my right, also had a lambrach peircing or whatever its called right under my lower lip, now I had to take them all out for work!!! I still have them in my mind though. No tats, but my wife has 5. they are all tasteful and in areas that can be covered, but they also all mean something special. Personally, and I guess I'm kind of a freak, but I like facial peircings and body tatoos, mix the two and probably not, but to a degree I think they can be very sexy!

7sm

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tattoo's and/or piercing's on girls. Well it depends on what/where they are located and they sure can be cool. :cool:
Jason Farnsworth

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have thought about putting possibly one more tattoo on my right upper bicep. Then after I remembered all of the pain and bleeding that went on in the others I decided no more. :eek:
Jason Farnsworth

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
No tattoos and no intentions.

I can't see the point.

Although I do remember a girl once who had a little black koi carp tattooed just below her bikini line.

I didn't complain.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pierced my own ear long ago in my teens. Took it out because my hair kept getting tangled in it and whenever I brushed, I'd almost tear the damn thing out. That, and it served no damn purpose, so why bother? Now, if I ever get the goofy urge to poke holes in my body, I'll ask my FMA instructors for live blade training.

I won't get a tattoo because I'd only want a design of my own creation, but I couldn't trust anyone to put it on me but myself, so that rules that out. Besides, my brother-in-law has enough tattoos for the entire family (complete back, most of his arms, much of his legs).

Anyway, I'm also paranoid and don't like the idea of having distinguishing features like that on myself.

Cthulhu

C

clapping_tiger

I know this is an old thread, but I have noticed lately that there is a lot of awsome tattoos out there. I was wondering if anyone has any pics of their tattoos? I would like to see them. I will try to post mine here.

Attachments

• $tat1.jpg
    $tat1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 218

Latest Discussions