Tattoo & Kenpo

Originally posted by cdhall

OK, now I see. You are giving the specs for the "Attach file" option I bet. Sorry. :shrug:

yup. Sorry if I was a bit terse. Still recovering from a weekend in Toronto. Nice sci-fi con. :)

If we attach a file, does the link stay in the message and the file is stored on the server? A Gallery might not be a bad idea.

If you attach a file, its stored on MT. If a link, its stored on the other server. Either way, the link will be maintained as long as the message.

Maybe you can start a gallery thread for folks to post their tats?

Ill see about a gallery script when I have a chance...might not be a bad idea. :)

The reason that I have never gotten a Tat, and believe me, I've thought about it, is life is so very fleeting and changing. Outside of my wife, I have never found anyone else that I would want to spend the rest of my life with... I have tried to put the same amount of thought into a tatoo. If I found one that I still liked a year after I first saw it, I might do it. So far, that hasn't happened.

One of my on again/off again students is a tatooist. He has told me that if I showed up, he would ink anything that I want free of charge... And he is quite good at it. <sigh>

Dan

Originally posted by Sigung86

One of my on again/off again students is a tatooist. He has told me that if I showed up, he would ink anything that I want free of charge... And he is quite good at it. <sigh>

Dan

Dang, why couldn't he have owned a car dealership!?!? :D

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

If you attach a file, its stored on MT. If a link, its stored on the other server. Either way, the link will be maintained as long as the message.

Maybe you can start a gallery thread for folks to post their tats?

Ill see about a gallery script when I have a chance...might not be a bad idea. :)

If I attach a file, it is stored on MT and a link to the file is in my post? Just want to be sure. :confused:

Also I thought this thread would be the right place to start a Gallery thread... but I would start one if you wouldn't think it would be an unecessary duplication. :eek:

Originally posted by cdhall

If I attach a file, it is stored on MT and a link to the file is in my post?

That's right. You can also simply post a link to a picture elsewhere.

-Arnisador
-MT Mod-

Come on, who's the first to show their Tat? I have the chinese characters for Kenpo Karate down my right leg, no picture yet.

There is a needle involved in the Tatoo process so I doubt it will be happening on my body. When i was getting ready to get married my wife teased me about blood tests, I told her they would have to do it the old fashioned way. Punch me in the nose! Luckily the laws have changedand it is no longer required.

Tattoos are one of my passions. I have alot of time "under the needle". I have a kenpo tattoo of sorts, kind of like my own interpretation of my kenpo journey. On my back is a waterfall, at the top is a large dragon, not yet finished. At the bottom of the waterfall is a pond, and swimming in the pond are a group of Coy fish. coming up the waterfall are coy fish, swimming toward the top, each fish is in a different stage of change, the higher up the waterfall, the closer each one is to a dragon. THis is a classic chinese mythology take, but personalized and designed by me. I still have a ways to go to have this finished, and it will probably be an on going thing forever. Kind of like kenpo training.

About 2 years ago I got a tattoo done of my dog. I gave the artist a picture of my dog Kano and had him tattooed on my leg. This past January my best buddy Kano passed away and I could never be happier to have him tattoed on me. I think if you are going to get a tattoo it should truly mean something to you. And if it truly does mean something to you then you really won't care what others think of your tattoo. I was called crazy for getting my dog but he meant something so special to me that it was my way of showing how much he meant to me. I don't think I could have ever returned the love that Kano showed to me and this was my way of trying. For all who want to see it. Here is the link.

My tattoo of Kano

I am thinking about getting the AKKI universal pattern tattooed on my left shoulder.
Been thinking about it for a year now! mmmmmm!

Originally posted by Kalicombat
Tattoos are one of my passions. I have alot of time "under the needle". I have a kenpo tattoo of sorts, kind of like my own interpretation of my kenpo journey. On my back is a waterfall, at the top is a large dragon, not yet finished. At the bottom of the waterfall is a pond, and swimming in the pond are a group of Coy fish. coming up the waterfall are coy fish, swimming toward the top, each fish is in a different stage of change, the higher up the waterfall, the closer each one is to a dragon. THis is a classic chinese mythology take, but personalized and designed by me. I still have a ways to go to have this finished, and it will probably be an on going thing forever. Kind of like kenpo training.

That tattoo sounds big, if you have a pic, you should post it.:cool:

Originally posted by ChineseKempoAL
About 2 years ago I got a tattoo done of my dog. I gave the artist a picture of my dog Kano and had him tattooed on my leg. This past January my best buddy Kano passed away and I could never be happier to have him tattoed on me. I think if you are going to get a tattoo it should truly mean something to you. And if it truly does mean something to you then you really won't care what others think of your tattoo. I was called crazy for getting my dog but he meant something so special to me that it was my way of showing how much he meant to me. I don't think I could have ever returned the love that Kano showed to me and this was my way of trying. For all who want to see it. Here is the link.

My tattoo of Kano

That's some fine art work my friend.:cheers:

This is the Tiger and Dragon tattoo on my right shoulder. In better light the colours are really nice. I really must get a better photo, but this one gives you the idea, hope this works! :)

Originally posted by tunetigress
This is the Tiger and Dragon tattoo on my right shoulder. In better light the colours are really nice. I really must get a better photo, but this one gives you the idea, hope this works! :)

Attachments

• $my12#068.jpg
    $my12#068.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 162
I have two tattoos, each of which was given about a year of thought each beforehand. The first was a yin-yang on my left chest with fire behind and a wave crashing over the front. The second and most recent is a chinese dragon on my right forearm. I eyed this particular dragon for just over a year then had the artist modify it just a little, picked custom colors for it and the rest is history.

I'm a bit surprised that no-one has taken the opportunity to warn about making sure that you get your tat from a reputable and CLEAN studio. I only let one studio here in Roanoke do work on me and it's the only one I will recommend in the area. We just had another studio in town get hit with a lawsuit for hepatitis from poor sterilization.

Oh yeah, most artist work on commission only so if you do get a tat make sure ya tip the guy.

Mine is too big to attach and I can't get it shrunk without losing all res.

Anyway- Massachusetts just allowed tattoo parlors a few years ago, and the codes are extremely strict. I don't think any parlors in the Boston areas have had problems. BUT there is one guy who owns a parlor locally who's just a bad artist. If you get one and don't know where to go, ask a friend who had work done, if you like what you see. Get recommendations. Visit the studio and watch them work. Meet the artist who will do your tat- make sure they will listen to you.

Bring in the picture you want, even if you are a bad artist, you can do something rough. Or get a friend to draw your vision. A good tattoo artist can do something origional, and do it well.

And yes, when I got mine, the artist made me comfortable, did exactly what I wanted, taught his apprentice while he worked on me, and used perfect sterile technique. (as a nurse, I watched like a hawk) He got a big tip.

Originally posted by Jill666
Mine is too big to attach and I can't get it shrunk without losing all res.

Send it to me, I'll put it on my site, and put a link to it.

Originally posted by theletch1

I'm a bit surprised that no-one has taken the opportunity to warn about making sure that you get your tat from a reputable and CLEAN studio.

I agree 100%. The place I had mine done is listed in the top 5 places in CT to get a tattoo or anything else done. You always have to remember to do your homework before making a selection on something that effects your body. I mean I have a couple of friends who have gotten some poor poor work done. And it sucks cause now their stuck with it. Oh well. Live and Learn.

Latest Discussions

Back