At long last.....Here it is....As promised

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
The first picture of the World Famous Tire Dummy !!

Attachments

• $tiredummy1.jpg
    $tiredummy1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 206
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig

Tell that to Stick Dummy, I'm not.

Not a problem, I'm deep in the heart of Texas, in my own domain, safe from all the AK 'ers:samurai:

S

Stick Dummy

Geeeze, I take care of a photo problem through Seig, provide pix of the Tire Dummy, and the Peanut Gallery explodes...................

Mistah Castillo - You are correct, and working with a T.D. will give you the honor of leaving tread marks all over an opponent.

Its all in knowing How, and What to do with one:asian:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Stick Dummy

Geeeze, I take care of a photo problem through Seig, provide pix of the Tire Dummy, and the Peanut Gallery explodes...................

Mistah Castillo - You are correct, and working with a T.D. will give you the honor of leaving tread marks all over an opponent.

Its all in knowing How, and What to do with one:asian:

My apologies, You may use your sticks on me. Just don't leave any noticeable welts as I have to go to work the next day!:eek:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jason,
You kick it, punch it, beat it with sticks, clubs, wooden swords, and your arms and shines.
If totaly frustrated you use it to batter someone.:D
It works much the same as the wooden man of wing chung.
Sshadow:asian:

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth

me asking. What exactly do you do with the tire dummy????
Jason Farnsworth

It looks a lot like the "dummy", Hock Hochiem made on his solo training command and mastery tape. He whittled the heck out of the that poor piece of wood, but he used a metal tub (the kind you'd wash clothes in in the country) that you could buy at any hardware store and filled that with cement. Anybody remember the old hanging "tire dummys" made out of tires and chain or something else to hold the pieces together?

jb:asian:

S

Stick Dummy

Youse guys are all correct, I haven't read Hockheims book, but the design is probably older than dirt (like right after rubber tires were imported to Asia/Indochina/Phillipines) and some ever resourcefull starving Martial Artist thought "Hey! This will work........."

Your're right on with Mook Jong lineage, the difference being "evolution" and the previously mentioned tires. They give a much more natural feel to stick and knife work than wacking wood.
EG: Having to REMOVE a blade from the tire that just kinda slides in with a heavy thrust, BEFORE repeating a strike series.

Oh- Did I mention the Makiwara board hidden on the design.............:asian:

R

RyuShiKan

That looks very similar to the tire makiwara that Nakumura Shigeru used to have. (picture on page 132 of Mark Bishops Okinawan karate book)

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Man!!!! Don't post stuff like that!!!! You almost scared me out of ten years growth!!!!

I looked at that picture and it looked very much like the girl I took to the High School Prom!
:eek: :eek: :eek:
:ladysman:

Dan

Latest Discussions