Tatoos

H

Hagakure

A dragon, a biohazard, and my family crest. Heres a pic of the dragon
Picture009.jpg

H

Hagakure

Welcome, thats was right after I had it done. Now the clouds don't have that red in it so it looks more like smoke.

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've got three, I've had five altogether--two are cover-ups of inferior tattoos.

Right shoulder--a very large air dragon, lightning bolts, swirling clouds, etc.

Left shoulder-- another large one--a tree with a snake rapped around it, biting its own tail. For you ancient religion fans, it's supposed to be my take on the Ouroboros.

Right forearm--a band with two lions, male and female, resting contentedly together. Their tails intertwine in the back. My wife has the same thing higher up on her bicep. It's our wedding band. (Got sick of wearing rings).

S

Spud

My semi-retirement plan is to get out of engineering at 50 and become a sales rep for the tatoo removal lasers.

Big Market once those small of the back "juicy" tats get old, stretched and faded.

Sailor

White Belt
Reaction score
Two of them.
Unicorn, and flying tiger.
Got em in Hong Kong way back in "77". Time for another when I find the right one

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lonecoyote said:
I I'm not real sure about people who get kanji, or asian alphabet character tattoos. The artist says "It means good luck" well ,how do you know? Do you read chinese? It could mean stupid barbarian. I know what the characters for kenpo look like, but that's about it.
LOL :rofl: I wonder about that myself! It does look cool though, but what does it mean?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lonecoyote said:
I have a few. I even made what some people consider the biggest mistake and had a girls name (of course, now my ex) put on. Does my wife like it? No. but I remember that day when I look at it, and it was a good day, and it and she are part of who I am, so I'm not regretting it. I'm not real sure about people who get kanji, or asian alphabet character tattoos. The artist says "It means good luck" well ,how do you know? Do you read chinese? It could mean stupid barbarian. I know what the characters for kenpo look like, but that's about it.
ROFLMAO with MJ. My husband thought this was a great marketing scheme - make up a bunch of t-shirts with asian characters on them that say things like, "Tell this stupid white man that his shirt says 'courage'". Could do the same with ink, I guess! he he he he he

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Celtic braid biceps band. No meaning per se, got it just prior to going overseas so its a reminder of those times.

S

Spud

lonecoyote said:
I have a few. I even made what some people consider the biggest mistake and had a girls name (of course, now my ex) put on. Does my wife like it? No. but I remember that day when I look at it, and it was a good day, and it and she are part of who I am, so I'm not regretting it. I'm not real sure about people who get kanji, or asian alphabet character tattoos. The artist says "It means good luck" well ,how do you know? Do you read chinese? It could mean stupid barbarian. I know what the characters for kenpo look like, but that's about it.
I think Britney Spears ran into that with some inkwork she had done. She had some Hebrew gibberish inked on her neck thinking it was a Kabbalah text of great significance. Also something about having Japanese word for mysterious that was closer to "strange" done on her hip.

The Offspring sing about getting ink done, "he wanted a thirteen but it came out thirty-one"

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
mj-hi-ya, shesulsa, spud, the same thing happens in asia all the time in reverse, from what I've read on the internet, not tattoos especially but everything else, so why not? I can't find the link, but there's an american or brit in Japan who has a site on the japanese misinterpretation of english in products and on clothing. Things on the order of Pschit soda pop and tough looking japanese rockers wearing t shirts that say "cutie girl"

Baoquan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
lonecoyote said:
mj-hi-ya, shesulsa, spud, the same thing happens in asia all the time in reverse, from what I've read on the internet, not tattoos especially but everything else, so why not? I can't find the link, but there's an american or brit in Japan who has a site on the japanese misinterpretation of english in products and on clothing. Things on the order of Pschit soda pop and tough looking japanese rockers wearing t shirts that say "cutie girl"

www.engrish.com

My favourite t-shirt spotting in japan was a guy wearing a t-shirt sporting the slogan;

"Love is good - but its not as good as a w@nk."

When asked about what the shirt meant, he said it was about freedom of expression. :uhyeah:

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lonecoyote said:
:roflmao:The thought is sooo funny! You are absolutely correct it goes both ways and it's really only a problem if you have friends who can point it out to you. Like what does it say behind my avatar :uhohh: ???

I like that link...Engrish of the day...the t-shirt I just got...oh not can't wear that! :) Sounds like maybe he knew what it meant!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mj-hi-yah said:
Like what does it say behind my avatar :uhohh: ???
It says "Beautiful woman, recent black belt, play word game on puter with other smart ones. Respect her or else."

:wavey:

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
It says "Beautiful woman, recent black belt, play word game on puter with other smart ones. Respect her or else."

:wavey:
:asian: Thank goodness you can read Chinese characters...might consider having that inked on my forehead :)

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
An asian tat artist working on the west coast got in trouble a year or two back for deliberately inking negative charaters on his clients; I don't remember the details, but I think we had a thread on it here.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
dearnis.com said:
An asian tat artist working on the west coast got in trouble a year or two back for deliberately inking negative charaters on his clients; I don't remember the details, but I think we had a thread on it here.
Really?:xtrmshock wow! Might be a good idea to research it before making it permanent....

Latest Discussions