Superman renounces US citizenship.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
maybe he is just fed up with the partisan crud...

You don't think he would realize that partisanship leads to gridlock, and that gridlock is what helps prevent the government from doing stupid things in an accelerated manner?

OP
Omar B

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can I point out that #900 is the conclusion of (this current) conflict with Lex Luthor, a story which took about 30 pages to wrap up. The rest were 2 page back-up stories meant to pad the issue. The first was a 2 page peice on a scientist highering an engineer to build him a small experimental, story ends with you seeing the El family crest on the desk. This specific story with the citizenship was about Superman standing in the middle of the ongoing protests with Ghadafi. He stands there and does not move for 2 whole days, like a rock ... his presence stopped violence cold and the people's voices were heard. This story reminds me of when Captain America took down Hitler.

Question is, are these couple back up stories at the end of an ongoing tale figure directly into continuity? Non of the stories feature the current staff of Superman, the first is by Paul Dini who wrote on Batman The Animated Series and Detective Comics, then the story in question is by Dave Goyer who wrote the two most recent Batman movies as well as the upcoming one, and the last was a script/storyboard style piece by Richard Donner, the director of the first 2 Superman movies.

That's where the question comes in, is it in continuity? Written by outside writers, no foreshadowing coming up on this, a backup story by Donner who clearly works on the pre-80's restart model of Superman ... which is without a doubt not in continuity with Superman now.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Continuity is a <female dog> when you write your own thing front to finish.

I really can't blame a guy (or many) when they have serious lapses in a story that has likely been started long before they were a twinkle in their daddy's eye...

Writing a new chapter for the Man of Steel, that is a Super Heroic effort!

OP
Omar B

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can I point out that #900 is the conclusion of (this current) conflict with Lex Luthor, a story which took about 30 pages to wrap up. The rest were 2 page back-up stories meant to pad the issue. The first was a 2 page peice on a scientist highering an engineer to build him a small experimental, story ends with you seeing the El family crest on the desk. This specific story with the citizenship was about Superman standing in the middle of the ongoing protests with Ghadafi. He stands there and does not move for 2 whole days, like a rock ... his presence stopped violence cold and the people's voices were heard. This story reminds me of when Captain America took down Hitler.

Question is, are these couple back up stories at the end of an ongoing tale figure directly into continuity? Non of the stories feature the current staff of Superman, the first is by Paul Dini who wrote on Batman The Animated Series and Detective Comics, then the story in question is by Dave Goyer who wrote the two most recent Batman movies as well as the upcoming one, and the last was a script/storyboard style piece by Richard Donner, the director of the first 2 Superman movies.

That's where the question comes in, is it in continuity? Written by outside writers, no foreshadowing coming up on this, a backup story by Donner who clearly works on the pre-80's restart model of Superman ... which is without a doubt not in continuity with Superman now.

Gotta quite myself because I'm so awesome. Anyways, my theory about the story being out of continuity because it pretty much was a backup story at the end of an ongoing story (like what does the cartoon have to do with the feature film). Well it's true, that story is not in continuity, Superman is still American. I don't know if this is DC running scared or the way they planned it. But as I said before, there was no foreshadowing in the lead up months. Not even a mention of a trip to the middle east ... he's been in space, Conner and Mon El were holding things down at home. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...acktracks_Superman_renouncing_his_citizenship

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I hear ya man, we both chatted about Punisher and Moon Knight before.

Moon knight was a favorite of mine.
I actually just read Rick Riordans new book the throne of fire... cheesy teenage fiction books but they are a fun quick read, this series is about the egyptian gods and myths come alive in modern times... like the percy jackson series, but a little different. Khunsu is in it, made me decide to go pull my moon night collection out of storage and share it with my son.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
American Icon Captain America? Killed.
Not any more. He was dead, but then he got better. James "Bucky" Barnes was wearing the suit and shield (before he was thrown into a Russian prison), Steve Rodgers now has Nick Fury's (then Tony Stark's, then Norman Osborne's) old job. Expect Steve back slinging the shield come July (in time for the Cap movie).

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Gotta quite myself because I'm so awesome. Anyways, my theory about the story being out of continuity because it pretty much was a backup story at the end of an ongoing story (like what does the cartoon have to do with the feature film). Well it's true, that story is not in continuity, Superman is still American. I don't know if this is DC running scared or the way they planned it. But as I said before, there was no foreshadowing in the lead up months. Not even a mention of a trip to the middle east ... he's been in space, Conner and Mon El were holding things down at home. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...acktracks_Superman_renouncing_his_citizenship

:lfao:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
you couldn't make it in to read it... swelled head and all!

^_^

Latest Discussions