I let the turtle get out

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am so in the doghouse...

My blond moments finally caught up with me....

I overfilled the turtle containment and it seems he took the chance to climb out and head for greener pastures...

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Considering the open field, I am sooo lucky that turtle decided to cross the front yard again just now and allow me to pick him up....

safe and sound, the day is saved....

Well, so far... a huge storm with Tornado is moving our way....

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Glad you got him back. Now head inside where it`s dry and warm and keep your ear glued to the weather reports. Be safe.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Glad you got him back. Now head inside where it`s dry and warm and keep your ear glued to the weather reports. Be safe.

Aye...

This system is scary!
And big enough to maybe make it up the hill I live on.... :(

Mark Jordan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Head to the lowest floor of the building or if there's none find the most central room and stay away from windows and doors. Be safe.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye, glad the escapee is returned but make sure that you are safe and secure yourself, Gran.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Head to the lowest floor of the building or if there's none find the most central room and stay away from windows and doors. Be safe.

After last nights storms, I am considering digging a cellar! As it passed over Tuscaloosa and Birmingham they estimated the storm to be an F5! There were many houses that were no more, of a few not even rubble was left, according to reports. :eek:

Scary stuff.

We had no power for a couple of hours...considering the carnage around us, it's all good!

MPC1257

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you survived the storm with only a temporary loss of power. My wife and I have talked about leaving CT in 2 years and heading a little further south, snow doesn't seem so bad after hearing about these storms lately. It seems like they are always huge and deadly.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you survived the storm with only a temporary loss of power. My wife and I have talked about leaving CT in 2 years and heading a little further south, snow doesn't seem so bad after hearing about these storms lately. It seems like they are always huge and deadly.

This year has been insane!
I mean, we are used to having tornado season, once it warms up a bit down here or to a lesser extend in fall when the Great White North put the A/C in overdrive, but the last couple of weeks have just been plain crazy!

I mean, Detroit is not known for twisters!
I lived here for going on 20 years now, I have not seen a string of violent storms like that!

(man, I am not one for superstitions, but as of late there has been an unreal accumulation of his mess...2o12 is starting to look scary!)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Same storm system moved through my neighborhood and a tornado touched down just a block away from our house. A tree crashed through our next door neighbor's house/kitchen but she's okay. Another tree is taking temporary residence in yet another neighbor's house behind ours... Our maple tree lost it's top limbs and they rested against the side of the house with very minimal damage (some roof shingles got messed up).

I got pics of the damage but am presently on public library's computer as we've no power for now going on 3 days. When we get power back on then I'll post the pics (separate thread) and the subsquent clean up. Lots of places around our "area" got it much worse. The EMS were kept VERY busy that day I tell you.

Glad Gran is okay and survived the storm and found their turtle. You'll know better next time won't cha? All reptilians are escape artists.

Heh

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Glad to hear you guys are alright.

Not having any power is a tiny price for escaping with minimal damage.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Glad to hear you guys are alright.

Not having any power is a tiny price for escaping with minimal damage.
VERY true... yesterday went over to Sonic for dinner and chatted up the gal who brought our order... she said she has no roof over her house but everyone is okay.
But as it stands... when I got home from the library... YAY the power is back on. So I'll post pics of the storm damage in my area here in a wee bit.

Latest Discussions