Sugar Gliders

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
... and hops up on my lap , settling down quietly purring til I decide to change position.. now.. is there any doubt ?

Not here.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Not here.

I didn' think so.. *good thing I looked at my post before hitting send.. I didn't have my index finger on the bumps and it came out... O dod'm''t tjoml sp //// jajjajaaaa (gets fingers back on bumps*

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
I didn' think so.. *good thing I looked at my post before hitting send.. I didn't have my index finger on the bumps and it came out... O dod'm''t tjoml sp //// jajjajaaaa (gets fingers back on bumps*

Good thing!!!!........and Castillo better not say anything about the bumps either.:mad:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sugar Gliders Info

http://www.skinhorse.net/gliders/
Sugar Gliders have become popular pets in the United States, and anyone who has ever seen one can easily tell you why. Besides being intelligent, playful and inquisitive, they are just darn cute. They also don't smell bad (if their diet is correct), don't have fleas, don't need shots, are relatively inexpensive to keep, and having one in your pocket is a sure-fire way to meet people and make new friends!

Like any pet, they come with their own unique set of needs and requirements, and although there's a lot more information available now than there was a few years ago, there are still a lot of glider owners out there who really don't know how to best care for their animals.

Although sugar gliders (Petaurus breviceps) are native to Australia, they have not been exported from there for many years. The ones we have in the U.S. are descendents of gliders that were imported from other places, mostly Indonesia.

Additional Info:
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/facehugger/sg.html
Living With Sugar Gliders

What are sugar gliders like as pets? Well, they don't really compare to any common pets. It's not like owning a hamster or a cat. They are a big responsibilty and have complicated and sometimes expensive needs. They are not a pet for children or casual admirers. To be a good owner, you have to really want to dedicate a portion of your life to them. It takes time and effort to get a well bonded, friendly glider and it doesn't stop there. Ask yourself if you want to do this for the next 15 or so years. With that said, here is a look at my schedule:

How I fit 4 sugar gliders into my life
Go to class 9am to 12pm or 11am to 3pm
After classes - put 2 sleepy gliders in my bonding pouch and do homework/chores for about 1 to 2 hours, then switch to the other 2 for another 1 to 2 hours while checking email/fiddling with my web site.
Around 5pm - take a short nap.
6pm to 11pm - get other assorted things done, take care of other pets, spend time with boyfriend, try to have a social life.
11pm to 2am - sugar gliders get to run loose in computer room while I get on the net. They come up and sit on my shoulder/head/lap every couple of minutes. I give them treats and lots of attention and then off they go again.
2am - prepare glider food and use it to lure them back in their cage. I remove uneaten food when I wake up.

Glider Safery Tips : http://www.angelfire.com/tx/facehugger/safety.html

They are cute little buggers though... :)

Latest Discussions