Sugar Gliders

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anybody know anybody who owns any Sugar Gliders? Ive been considering a pair as pets, and was wondering if anybody here had any personal experiance with them?

Boys.jpg

Cute freaking things, aint they???

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What in the hell is it???????:confused: :confused: :confused: .....Is it a rodent or soemthing??????.........Where does it come from???????........I have never seen or heard of that thing before.......This is not just a dumb post I'm actually curious.:asian:

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We were considering picking up a pair, but we couldn't. For some reason, they absolutely cannot stand me. They make this hideous wailling noise anytime I get near one. Strangest thing.

Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From Australia. I think they're marsupials...pretty sure they have a pouch. Sort of like a flying squirrel. But different.

Cthulhu

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Cthulhu
We were considering picking up a pair, but we couldn't. For some reason, they absolutely cannot stand me. They make this hideous wailling noise anytime I get near one. Strangest thing.

Cthulhu

Sugar Gliders, a.k.a. tribbles. You can disguise yourself, but you
can't hide, Klingon!

P

progressivetactics

Sort of like a flying squirrel. But different
Ok...can't most things fit into this catagory?

It was brown....Sort of like a flying squirrel.....but different....it had blonde highlights...

Well, they are cute...

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hey, Sqeaky cat toys!

My ex purchased a couple of those long after we split. Cute as can be but I thought they were kinda stinky. Oh man did they like to climb and jump off yer shoulder. They had a special diet but I don't remember what it was. Could have been beer and cheetos knowing my ex!

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by don bohrer
They had a special diet but I don't remember what it was. Could have been beer and cheetos knowing my ex!

:rofl:

Do they serve any purpose other than to look cute. They definately look like climbers but do they just crap anywhere they feel like it?:confused:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They're quite cute in a big buggy-eyed way *G*
... though methinks off-the-wall animals like that aren't for me.. Michael had a ferret that decided to sabotage me more than once.. I came home from work when we lived in Florida.. and couldn't walk when I came through the door.. Literally tripping whenever I tried to take a step~! The wee beastie had gotten hold of clear sewing thread and weaved a mass ferret web around all the furniture ~! I couldn't see what was holding my legs fast... til I bent down and felt around my feet.. oh I was not amused~!!! It's funnier than anything now *G*

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
That is kind of funny. I had always heard that ferrett's were mean.
I guess it depends on how they are raised.. Chewie was a sweetie as far as ferrets go.. I would go to get dressed in the AM and find him all curled up in my dresser drawer~! Cat in one.. Ferret in another ~! They need to be descented like a skunk.. as they do have stinky glands that (even though ours was de-stinked) He still sniffed..~! I much prefer cats thank you very much.. self sufficient beasts .. when they want attention they demand it.. otherwise they are content to be left alone ..unlike dogs.. :)

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
I much prefer cats thank you very much.. self sufficient beasts .. when they want attention they demand it.. otherwise they are content to be left alone ..unlike dogs.. :)

I need self-sufficient animals because if they weren't then they would die off. This is probably why we have 4 cats.:shrug:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I need self-sufficient animals because if they weren't then they would die off. This is probably why we have 4 cats.:shrug:

Sadie woke Michael up in the wee hours of the morn to go outside.. :rolleyes: last night.. then got me up at 6:54 am.. *growls* My cat never does this nonsense~~!

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sadie woke Michael up in the wee hours of the morn to go outside.. :rolleyes: last night.. then got me up at 6:54 am.. *growls* My cat never does this nonsense~~!

I need to have sleep and hence the reason I don't have a dog.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I need to have sleep and hence the reason I don't have a dog.

This Dog wench thinks the bed is hers~!! Since Seig works midnights.. she takes his spot at night.. and my spot during the day..We bought a Lovely dog bed for her.. and did she use it.. Nope.. she refused to get on it.. soooo it's been given to the cat and she finds it very comfy...though rather large for her ~!!

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This Dog wench thinks the bed is hers~!! Since Seig works midnights.. she takes his spot at night.. and my spot during the day..We bought a Lovely dog bed for her.. and did she use it.. Nope.. she refused to get on it.. soooo it's been given to the cat and she finds it very comfy...though rather large for her ~!!

I'd rather not wake up next to a dog...

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Any kind of dog for that matter.:rofl:

let's see.. I unlock the front door.. get a whirling dervish leaping on me.. slathered with a wet tongue.. cold beaked.. and I haven't even set the keys down~! Then she's gotta go out.. *glad it's not doing the R*** word out.. and so I clip her lead on.. hand her off to Seig as he's waiting outside the back door.. and next thing I hear is him yelling at her.. and she slinks back in .. tail between legs.. 'caught getting into the *#@&$(* stray cat chit in the back yard... Now.. I come upstairs.. and there's 'Mouse' all stretched out.. she looks up at me from her window sill perch.. 'Marups' at me.. hops down .. licks my toe with a dry tongue.. and hops up on my lap , settling down quietly purring til I decide to change position.. now.. is there any doubt ?