Sorry to everyone I offended...

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know, maybe it really is your attitude and cluelessness that's pissing people off.

Seriously.

I've read the drivel you keep shovelling out, and have laughed my *** off where, whenever you are pressed for facts and backing material you either go back to stupid falsehoods like "all fights goto the ground" (which is a mantra of the 2 brain cell MMA morons who repeat it like it will make it true and say "statistics say" without a whit of understanding where those same statistics came from, or why they are what they are.) or drop out of the conversation.

Sorry, but your "truth", as you've been posting is a bunch of hogwash.

Let me clue you in with some other facts here budda.

Because while I think a restriction on freedom of speech of any kind is reprehensible ---
Then go hang out in an anarchy. The only "freedom of speech" you get on a web board is that which the staff and owners give you. No more. No less. This sites actually pretty free compared to some, other than not allowing flame wars and swearing. ******* **** <---see, no naughty words. Ooooh. I'm censored. whine whine whine, here's some chedda.
I think web forums are useless without strong opinions. But your forum moderators do not.
It's been a while since I've modded on a 'talk forum but last I knew, the mods don't hammer you unless there's a reason, and aren't allowed to "get personal". Kinda why I stopped. I like telling **** for brains off, and that doesn't cut it here when you wear the badge.

Past history (as opposed to future history) says you can say your piece here without worry as long as you follow the sites rules and aren't a clueless dumb ****.

Now, nice guy that I am, I'll clue you in on another fact. Your whining here. And your whining about the mods and the fact that they seem to have spanked your sorry lamer ***. That's also a rule violation, so don't be surprised if they don't slap you upside your empty sorry lame head over it.

Oh, and they'll slap me over this post too I'm sure. But, I'll take it like a man and not a whinny sorry lame ***** Boddi. Grow a pair, take your head out of the cage and do the same.

While I can still say something, lets clear up some air:
- Wing Chun is a legit, useful and effective martial art. The fact that you can't do it, or your cuddle-buddy says it sucks doesn't discount several hundred years history.
- There is a difference between being intimidating and being a bully. If you're too stupid to understand it, that's not my problem.
- All fights do not "go to the ground." The last 20 fights I was in, none went to the ground. That "fact" is based on FBI statistics, which are pulled from police arrest reports. Any cop will tell you that most perps arrested were face down eating dirt while being cuffed. Missing are non-arrest fights, and most fights don't result in an arrest.
- Just because you do not understand it, doesn't make it ineffective.
- Just because it works in the octagon under sport fighting rules doesn't mean it will work on the street against a gang banger with a shiv.

If that's too hard to understand, then I would suggest you read it slower.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You know, maybe it really is your attitude and cluelessness that's pissing people off.

Seriously.

I've read the drivel you keep shovelling out, and have laughed my *** off where, whenever you are pressed for facts and backing material you either go back to stupid falsehoods like "all fights goto the ground" (which is a mantra of the 2 brain cell MMA morons who repeat it like it will make it true and say "statistics say" without a whit of understanding where those same statistics came from, or why they are what they are.) or drop out of the conversation.

Then go hang out in an anarchy. The only "freedom of speech" you get on a web board is that which the staff and owners give you. No more. No less. This sites actually pretty free compared to some, other than not allowing flame wars and swearing. ******* **** <---see, no naughty words. Ooooh. I'm censored. whine whine whine, here's some chedda. It's been a while since I've modded on a 'talk forum but last I knew, the mods don't hammer you unless there's a reason, and aren't allowed to "get personal". Kinda why I stopped. I like telling **** for brains off, and that doesn't cut it here when you wear the badge.

Past history (as opposed to future history) says you can say your piece here without worry as long as you follow the sites rules and aren't a clueless dumb ****.

Now, nice guy that I am, I'll clue you in on another fact. Your whining here. And your whining about the mods and the fact that they seem to have spanked your sorry lamer ***. That's also a rule violation, so don't be surprised if they don't slap you upside your empty sorry lame head over it.

Oh, and they'll slap me over this post too I'm sure. But, I'll take it like a man and not a whinny sorry lame ***** Boddi. Grow a pair, take your head out of the cage and do the same.

- Wing Chun is a legit, useful and effective martial art. The fact that you can't do it, or your cuddle-buddy says it sucks doesn't discount several hundred years history.
- There is a difference between being intimidating and being a bully. If you're too stupid to understand it, that's not my problem.
- All fights do not "go to the ground." The last 20 fights I was in, none went to the ground. That "fact" is based on FBI statistics, which are pulled from police arrest reports. Any cop will tell you that most perps arrested were face down eating dirt while being cuffed. Missing are non-arrest fights, and most fights don't result in an arrest.
- Just because it works in the octagon under sport fighting rules doesn't mean it will work on the street against a gang banger with a shiv.

Wow! :xtrmshock

OP
Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Seriously.

Then go hang out in an anarchy. The only "freedom of speech" you get on a web board is that which the staff and owners give you. No more. No less. This sites actually pretty free compared to some, other than not allowing flame wars and swearing. ******* **** <---see, no naughty words. Ooooh. I'm censored. whine whine whine, here's some chedda. It's been a while since I've modded on a 'talk forum but last I knew, the mods don't hammer you unless there's a reason, and aren't allowed to "get personal". Kinda why I stopped. I like telling **** for brains off, and that doesn't cut it here when you wear the badge.

Interesting, I apologize, and that makes me a target? Sad.

--

I find this post inflammatory and insulting. I have reported it to the mods as hogwash, drivel, and insulting inflammatory speech.

I have reported this post to the mods in the interest of seeing if the rules apply to everyone.

--

I don't recall EVER saying all fights go to the ground. What are you even talking about?! It's crazy that you bring something like that up, when I never said it. Do you do that often? Just throw in random, crazy statements that no one ever said? I guess you must. That's a common trait of the insecure, sad and angry.

--

"Intimidation" isn't "bullying."? It is when it is succesful. No matter how slow I read your post, it remains true.

--

Legionary, why are you so insecure? Calm down. Relax. Stop taking yourself (and life) so seriously. It is comic. ;) Or is that also part of "wearing the badge?" You have to take yourself way more seriously than anyone else?

(P.S. The bodhisattva is not the same as the buddha. You might want to run a spellcheck, or something, now and then, while you're at it...)

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Seriously.

Um, Legionary, have you ever heard the phrase "shooting your own wounded." Relax, dude, use the "ignore" button. Several of us here would appreciate it if you did.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
(P.S. The bodhisattva is not the same as the buddha. You might want to run a spellcheck, or something, now and then, while you're at it...)

Actualy they are very close to the same thing, but not quite

Bodhisattva

a person who has attained prajna, or Enlightenment, but who postpones Nirvana in order to help others to attain Enlightenment: individual Bodhisattvas are the subjects of devotion in certain sects and are often represented in painting and sculpture

Buddha

1. Also called Butsu, Gautama, Gautama Buddha. (Prince Siddh&#257;ttha or Siddhartha) 566?–c480 b.c., Indian religious leader: founder of Buddhism.

2. any of a series of teachers in Buddhism, of whom Gautama was the last, who bring enlightenment and wisdom.

3. a person who has attained full prajna, or enlightenment; Arhat.

The Game

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bodhisattva, Considering that if you were paying attention you would note that LL's account is currently suspended, you would see the mods here are fair. If you were paying attention that is.:whip:

As to the rest, well, I agree with him. No, don't bother replying. You're going on my Ignore list with the rest of the jetsom. I'd ask if you were ready, but you're obviously not. :toilclaw:

Xue, love the definitions man.:supcool:

Remember guys, the secrets to bang the trolls together. :lool:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please keep the discussion at a mature, respectful level. Please review our sniping policy
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=427486. Feel free to use the Ignore feature to ignore members whose posts you do not wish to read (it is at the bottom of each member's profile). Thank you.

Brian R. VanCise
MartialTalk Super Moderator

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bodhisattva, I have no dog in this hunt as I was never offended by your posts, more amused at the type and the predictability of both your posts and the replies that they generated even while I gave you a negative rep for your behavior a couple of weeks ago, in my opinion your post was deliberately insulting and trying to create conflict rather than discussion. I believe in both positive and negative reps as a tool to make this forum a better flora to spend time at, and use both without emotions attached.

I did want to thank you, for your apology did make me chuckle as it reminded me of a childhood dust-up I was involved in over forty years ago in North Dakota while spending a little time on my grandfathers (RIP) farm. It wasn’t much just a city boy from San Jose California fighting a small town boy. My grandfather was not an educated man, he could not read well but if you played him in pinochle or poker you better have your wits with you and he could figure out crop prices and worth in his head. Well he had both the small town boy and I apologize and we both said the same exact thing LOL “I’m sorry, but he started it!” That wasn’t good enough for pap and he tanned both our hides. I remember to this day his saying that it takes a big person to apologize and admit his being wrong and not everybody can do this. If you apologize using 'but' you leave your butt for the world to see and to smack. This lesson taught me how to and when to apologize and what to apologize for. There is a difference between a heart felt sincere apology where lessons are learned and fences mended and the apology that is not heart felt and is merely a tool to get away from actually having to admit any wrong doing. I had not thought of this incident for many years, so again thank you.

thardey wrote;
“Posting on a text-only internet board is hard -- some things written with one attitude are read with another -- depending on the mindset of the person doing the reading.
We don't have a tone of voice, or body language to help us translate the text, and it's easier to be misunderstood, even though the writing is as plain as day.
I have heard this before and at the time agreed. I have even used this as an excuse for poor writing in the past. My opinion has now changed. Writing might be hard; it does take work and thought. The thing about posting on a forum is that we have time. It is not immediate like face to face conversations are. This thread is a couple of days old and I am just now joining the conversation. I have given some thought as to reply or not. I am typing this first in a word document and checking for spelling errors. I try to reread it a couple of times before hitting the post button. I try to monitor whether I am posting to add to the conversation or out of a need to satisfy my own ego and decide whether to post or to not post by that internal conversation. We have time to adjust our posts, to hit backspace and to rewrite what we are trying to communicate. I have a large dictionary here next to the computer so that I can try to use the precise word(s) needed. Our posts can be as precise or muddled as we the writers wish to and take the time to make them. Offering that not having the tone of voice or body language is an excuse in my opinion for not taking the time and effort to write precisely what you want to say. Poor writing is either from laziness or ignorance, the good news is that both can be improved on with effort. I posted on this thread because it is something that I have been working on and think is important especially when you consider that this is an international forum with people reading our posts from many countries around the world. Many of the words that we use and take for granted the good folks in other countries have to look up and try to decipher and combined with the fact that what we are posting is out there, perhaps forever requires us (at least it is a requirement for myself) to try to be a precise as we can be.

Regards
Brian King

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had a discussion a while back with one of my early mentors. He pointed out that using the word "but" had the effect of negating what had come before it. In the case of an apology, it rings of insincerity.

In the following, "you" is used generically and not specifically.

The staff on this forum are one of the most fair and even handed I've encountered. They have my trust and my complete confidence when it comes to moderating on this site. That's not my opinion, that is the comments that have been sent my way from countless members of this site both publicly and privately. I hold them accountable for their actions, and insist that they back their actions up with facts. I also demand they act in a professional manner, and have fired those who could not meet the standards set. Doesn't matter if they are friend, client or even family. When I have a problem with their actions, they will be the first to tell you that I give it to them hard, and I don't hold back.

But one thing I also will not stand for is watching them be slammed. Here or elsewhere. If there is a problem with the staff of this site, you come to me and explain your case, and I will look into the matter. Slam them in public, give them an attitude, act like an entitled pompous jackass towards them however, and I will guarantee your stay here to be short.

You are welcome to present your views, your opinions and your beliefs here, as long as they conform to our posted policies. If you haven't read them, then I strongly suggest you take the time to do so. After all, you did agree you had at sign up, and only a fool signs something without reading it.

Regarding the "freedom of speech" stuff, lets cut out the "feel good n fluffy" stuff and be frank. This is a privately owned website. The only "freedom of speech" you have here, is what -I- permit. I permit quite a lot. But it's been my experience that those who scream the loudest about their "rights" understand those same "rights" and the responsibilities they involve, the least. If that isn't clear, then I direct you to this link where I went into further detail.

In short, you are welcome here, provided you follow our posted rules and policies. If you can not or will not, then you are welcome to leave, or be ejected when we've had enough. This is for my friends and for those I've yet to meet equally.

I trust this clears up this matter and I can return to planning this years NY M&G uninterrupted.

Thank you.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish you could hear me applauding Bob for his post!

Excellent post from Brian too.

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, thanks Brian for clearing up what I was trying to say. I overlooked the idea that some would see the lack of body language as an excuse. I meant in the same way that Brian explained much more clearly.

Because there is no body language, or tone, to help us interpret text replies, then we have to be a lot more careful about what, and how we write.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
"Intimidation" isn't "bullying."? It is when it is succesful. No matter how slow I read your post, it remains true.

Uhh...without referencing back to the OP of the "ninja look," I have to point out that there's a difference between "looking intimidating," and "intimidation."

I'm 6'2", 215 lbs.-have really long arms with 19" biceps, a big chest, and brown skin. Not to mention a Fu manchu mustache a lot of the time, and going bald (as in "shaving my head) some of the time.

When I'm not bald, I have my hair in a ponytail, or corn rows. I've got bushy eyebrows over eyes that are somewhat deepset, a long face with a big forehead, and some interesting facial scars-one, for example that looks like a backwards "7", about an inch and a half long on each side.

Oh, yeah, and a tattoo-one tattoo, for now.

I have to consciously turn certain things down to not seem or look "intimidating." Where some people might naturally raise their voice, or their eyebrow, or scowl with displeasure, or start to speak faster, I have to speak softly and pay extra attention to my mannerisms and demeanor, so as not to scare them.

So, yes, there's a difference between "looking intimidating" and "bullying."

Hell, just try hailing a cab in any major city, looking like me-dressed in a business suit, even.

On the other hand, I've given people "the look," when it was warranted-the one that says "if looks could kill, you'd be a puddle." Has nothing to do with being a ninja, since I'm not-and maybe only a little to do with studying martial arts-it's just body language. Works for me, what can I say, other than if it's warranted, it's not bullying.

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
I had a discussion a while back with one of my early mentors. He pointed out that using the word "but" had the effect of negating what had come before it. In the case of an apology, it rings of insincerity.

The staff on this forum are one of the most fair and even handed I've encountered. They have my trust and my complete confidence when it comes to moderating on this site. That's not my opinion, that is the comments that have been sent my way from countless members of this site both publicly and privately. I hold them accountable for their actions, and insist that they back their actions up with facts. I also demand they act in a professional manner, and have fired those who could not meet the standards set. Doesn't matter if they are friend, client or even family. When I have a problem with their actions, they will be the first to tell you that I give it to them hard, and I don't hold back.

But one thing I also will not stand for is watching them be slammed. Here or elsewhere. If there is a problem with the staff of this site, you come to me and explain your case, and I will look into the matter. Slam them in public, give them an attitude, act like an entitled pompous jackass towards them however, and I will guarantee your stay here to be short.

You are welcome to present your views, your opinions and your beliefs here, as long as they conform to our posted policies. If you haven't read them, then I strongly suggest you take the time to do so. After all, you did agree you had at sign up, and only a fool signs something without reading it.

Regarding the "freedom of speech" stuff, lets cut out the "feel good n fluffy" stuff and be frank. This is a privately owned website. The only "freedom of speech" you have here, is what -I- permit. I permit quite a lot. But it's been my experience that those who scream the loudest about their "rights" understand those same "rights" and the responsibilities they involve, the least. If that isn't clear, then I direct you to this link where I went into further detail.

In short, you are welcome here, provided you follow our posted rules and policies. If you can not or will not, then you are welcome to leave, or be ejected when we've had enough. This is for my friends and for those I've yet to meet equally.

I trust this clears up this matter and I can return to planning this years NY M&G uninterrupted.

Thank you.

I haven't been here that long, but I must say that this site is one of the best run sites I have seen in a long time and it's refreshing to have discussions with alot of good folks here who wish to share information and just not flame each other.

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a problem with anyone who says the "truth". I also take it with a grain of salt that what they're really saying is "my impression of the truth". I believe most of the offence taken is in regards to someone not saying their "IMO's". Then again, I strongly believe there are people waiting for the chance, who may even go out of their way to be offended so they have someone to let off on.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Uhh...without referencing back to the OP of the "ninja look," I have to point out that there's a difference between "looking intimidating," and "intimidation."

I'm 6'2", 215 lbs.-have really long arms with 19" biceps, a big chest, and brown skin. Not to mention a Fu manchu mustache a lot of the time, and going bald (as in "shaving my head) some of the time.

When I'm not bald, I have my hair in a ponytail, or corn rows. I've got bushy eyebrows over eyes that are somewhat deepset, a long face with a big forehead, and some interesting facial scars-one, for example that looks like a backwards "7", about an inch and a half long on each side.

Oh, yeah, and a tattoo-one tattoo, for now.

I have to consciously turn certain things down to not seem or look "intimidating." Where some people might naturally raise their voice, or their eyebrow, or scowl with displeasure, or start to speak faster, I have to speak softly and pay extra attention to my mannerisms and demeanor, so as not to scare them.

So, yes, there's a difference between "looking intimidating" and "bullying."

Hell, just try hailing a cab in any major city, looking like me-dressed in a business suit, even.

On the other hand, I've given people "the look," when it was warranted-the one that says "if looks could kill, you'd be a puddle." Has nothing to do with being a ninja, since I'm not-and maybe only a little to do with studying martial arts-it's just body language. Works for me, what can I say, other than if it's warranted, it's not bullying.

A Fu Manchu with corn rows...man I got to see that look!

When I fill the need to give the look, I usually just squint my eyes really tight, raise the corner of my lip in a sneer like Elvis, and raise my eyebrow opposite of the raised lip. Then I speak to the person like the munchkin with the lollipop in The Wizard of Oz, while at the same time scratching all over my body...this seems to do the trick in detering violence.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting, I apologize, and that makes me a target? Sad.

--

I find this post inflammatory and insulting. I have reported it to the mods as hogwash, drivel, and insulting inflammatory speech.

I have reported this post to the mods in the interest of seeing if the rules apply to everyone.

--

I don't recall EVER saying all fights go to the ground. What are you even talking about?! It's crazy that you bring something like that up, when I never said it. Do you do that often? Just throw in random, crazy statements that no one ever said? I guess you must. That's a common trait of the insecure, sad and angry.

--

--

Legionary, why are you so insecure? Calm down. Relax. Stop taking yourself (and life) so seriously. It is comic. ;) Or is that also part of "wearing the badge?" You have to take yourself way more seriously than anyone else?

The Rules here apply to everyone equally Boda. I'm back from my vacation and thought I'd reply. I'm not insecure, I'm very calm, well relaxed, in fact I'm so relaxed my doctor's worried I might be dead. I refuse to take life seriously, it's too short, and too brief. But I do enjoy pointing out butt heads on occasion, when I'm bored, and not hanging out at the beach getting some rays. As to the rest, others said it, I won't repeat it, bang the trolls together folks.

Um, Legionary, have you ever heard the phrase "shooting your own wounded." Relax, dude, use the "ignore" button. Several of us here would appreciate it if you did.

Doing it now. Wounded shot, horse beaten, steaks on the barbie mate.

Actualy they are very close to the same thing, but not quite

I like you. You know what you're talking about.

Bodhisattva, Considering that if you were paying attention you would note that LL's account is currently suspended, you would see the mods here are fair. If you were paying attention that is.:whip:

As to the rest, well, I agree with him. No, don't bother replying. You're going on my Ignore list with the rest of the jetsom. I'd ask if you were ready, but you're obviously not. :toilclaw:

Xue, love the definitions man.:supcool:

Remember guys, the secrets to bang the trolls together. :lool:

Bang that Troll! Bang that Troll. Banging Trolls will make you Glad!

Thank you.

Sorry Bruda, I'll be gooder.

Latest Discussions