So You've Decided You Want To Become a Goth

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, here's one for you. Goth or rivethead?
View attachment 10387

That's a lot of effort spent and care taken to make herself look very striking indeed; in the sense of standing out in a crowd - not to my taste, I have to say. "Wraith" was bang on as fans of Stargate Atlantis will confirm :D.

I prefer my Goth's to be, well, like my missus :). As I've said before when this topic comes up, I think we have a sub-cultural divide with the Atlantic in between as 'our' Goths are more of the passionate hedonist persuasion than etherial loners.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, here's one for you. Goth or rivethead?
View attachment 10387

Based on the Jewelry and Makeup I'd call that goth. The Alchemy of London Bat and Coffin plus the little Jeweled Tiara aren't very rivethead.

BTW Bob, if you wanna shoot goth girls like that Come out to Chi-town I can hook you up. :)

BanannaSmoothie

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
FYI

In South GA, if you don't dress in complete camo and drive a big truck, you're goth or emo.

Not my standards, just letting you guys know what the standards are here in the deep deep south.

same in southern MS where i'm from. only, you are not just a goth, you are "one them ol' vampire lookin queers"

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-I'm going to see Sisters of Mercy this Thursday here in Denver. What does that make me? (If you haven't heard of this band, I highly recommend them.)

Now where is my trenchcoat...?

Andrew

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Crikey! They're still going?! I remember driving around in my mates Camero listening to "Floodlands" when it'd just been released :eek:.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
-I'm going to see Sisters of Mercy this Thursday here in Denver. What does that make me?

Very fortunate.
icon14.gif

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
-I'm going to see Sisters of Mercy this Thursday here in Denver. What does that make me?
Getting on in years... :lol:

...says the guy who's been listening to Metallica since the mid-80s, and saw Exodus on the Chemi-Kill tour.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-Getting on in years...? That might explain the mental deterioration. Of course, I'm only 28, soon to be 29 in January. I didn't start listening to Sisters til about 10 years ago, so I know I missed the hey day of the 80s goth music scene. But once I discovered some of that old time music, haha, I haven't looked back. Today's music ain't got the same soul, if you know what I mean. I'll check back in this thread and post about the show.

Andrew

Latest Discussions