So You've Decided You Want To Become a Goth

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While I realize that was designed to be humorous...

1) Typically Goths do not wear camoflauge. If you see a "goth" in camoflauge, chances are its a Rivethead, not a goth.

2) None of the Bands he mentioned are goth bands. Everyone of them is an industrial band. While Goths often listen to industrial music, and rivetheads often listen to Goth... the music is totaly different. Don't believe me? Check out say, "Clown" by "Switchblade Symphony" (Atypical Goth) and then maybe "Megalomania" by "KMFDM" (Atypical Industrial) and tell me they are the same Genre of music. And, BTW, Cruciform Injection is local to me... Micah used to hang in my store and was best friends with my assistant manager. Not that it has anything to do with anything, I was just really supprised they cited that band being fairly small and local.

Goth:

11485535751098112661_areyouGoth%5B1%5D.jpg

Rivetheads:

kmfdm.jpg

Notice the "Goth" has a sort of, well, you know... "Gothic" look about her. Somthing you'd see in a period piece or Vampire flick. Typical Goth.

The Rivetheads, on the other hand, have a tougher, Punk-like modernized look, Cyberpunk-esque (or Matrix-y for those unfamiliar with the Cyberpunk Genre)

Yes, I am a rivethead, and I hate when people say I'm goth. (Although to be fair, I did a sitting in Goth attire and I have a set of Goth photos)

Ok... seriously... I'm done now. :p
http://images.quizfarm.com/11485535751098112661_areyouGoth[1].jpg

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, emo are the kids who are too ***** to be goth. :D

Actually you know how to tell the difference between Emo, Goth, and a Rivethead?

Call all three Emo.

The one that sighs, and possibly weeps is Emo

The one that sneers and walk away in a huff is Goth.

The Rivethead will be the one who kicks your *** then post pics of it on the internet.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
KMFDM sucks!!
You KMFDM fans should know what I am talking about look to the Angst album.
That DJ was wearing a Pigface shirt haha.

Last edited:

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
FYI

In South GA, if you don't dress in complete camo and drive a big truck, you're goth or emo.

Not my standards, just letting you guys know what the standards are here in the deep deep south.

zeeberex

Green Belt
Reaction score
this can all be avoided by getting a life.....not the posting, the gothing....

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can someone just give me her phone number and let me know if she does nudes? I want my $50 blood money from Suicide Girls. ROFL

(Just kidding, I wouldn't work with SG if you paid me real money)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think that Goth girl is HOT...

F

foggymorning162

Goth done right can look very cool most teenagers though think if you wear black and red and pierce everything.....and I do mean EVERYTHING then your "GOTH". Me personally I'm too old for that crap if I'm not in a dobahk give me my sweats Moms don't have time to play dress-up.

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Goth done right can look very cool most teenagers though think if you wear black and red and pierce everything.....and I do mean EVERYTHING then your "GOTH". Me personally I'm too old for that crap if I'm not in a dobahk give me my sweats Moms don't have time to play dress-up.

Ironically, I know some Dads who do...

Sad, isn't it?

Latest Discussions