So Proud

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
One girl, an older teen knocked out was pretty incoherent. She had some short term memory problems which made high school difficult for her. Another guy, older, that was knocked out had a jaw problem, had to have surgery. Didn't hear what happened after that. TW

Sounds like someone is pretty irresponsible, not to mention unskilled, with technique.

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
MJS said:
This tells me that the 24 yo needs to do some serious growing up!!! Hes got nothing better to do than fight with a 12 and 4 yo???

What exactly would you do with this 4yo that he'd actually be able to retain?

Mike
I totally agree. He's not a bad guy, just really irresponsible. Unfortunately for him though, he is now going to have to face the legal ramifications of that and learn the hard way. I had a brief chat to him about the incident and I think it was in the same grain and he "gets" where he erred..
As for what to do with the 4 yr old, my comment was meant in humour. I don't know much I could do with him, but if I could getting him running faster, maybe for now, that would be okay. :idunno: Whaddya do really??

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blooming Lotus said:
I totally agree. He's not a bad guy, just really irresponsible. Unfortunately for him though, he is now going to have to face the legal ramifications of that and learn the hard way. I had a brief chat to him about the incident and I think it was in the same grain and he "gets" where he erred..

I would hope so. However, I wouldn't say that hes "not a bad guy" because thats certainly not the impression I get from this story. If what you're saying is true, he obviously erred a long time ago, but hes just seeing it now. The guy needs help, not excuses for his actions.

As for what to do with the 4 yr old, my comment was meant in humour. I don't know much I could do with him, but if I could getting him running faster, maybe for now, that would be okay. :idunno: Whaddya do really??

Ok. Thanks for the clarification. However, I doubt that a 4yo could possibly run faster than a grown adult.

In closing, this thread is :-offtopic here. The topic is about PPKO and his students, not about some grown adult fighting children!

Mike

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
Sounds like someone is pretty irresponsible, not to mention unskilled, with technique.

It was at a tournament in the cities. We, as an organization don't attend it anymore because it is too uncontrolled. TW

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
It was at a tournament in the cities. We, as an organization don't attend it anymore because it is too uncontrolled. TW
Smart move. Kind of sucks for the people that got hurt though.
Who's tournament was it?
And people get on my case for being too harsh with "kyusho Wannabies".....now you know why.
All it takes is for some idiot to think he is an expert in pressure points and go whack someone and seriously hurt them.
If I have said it once I have said it 100 times "study from someone who is qualified in this area"......

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
If I have said it once I have said it 100 times "study from someone who is qualified in this area"......
Definitely.

It felt pretty good to finally be able to knock someone out instead of being the one getting KO'd, heh. I'm not sure if you'd call it a "light touch" because I got him pretty good in Large Intestine 18, but not as hard as I could have because I'm new to it and I didn't want to hurt Andrew. I only actaully struck him the one time, though. He wasn't 100% out, but he went to the ground in a hurry. It was nice to have him a little conscious so that I could get a little experience with the healing/revival aspect as well. The urgency wasn't as intense as it would have been if he were completely out, so I got to help Joe bring Andrew completely back.

KO's are much different when you're the one standing :). It's nice to have someone experienced to do the revivals because otherwise, you can't practice the KO's and without the practice, you won't be as good. Joe's a good teacher and a good friend, so I'm proud to be in his school.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Xequat said:
Definitely.

1) It was nice to have him a little conscious so that I could get a little experience with the healing/revival aspect as well. The urgency wasn't as intense as it would have been if he were completely out, so I got to help Joe bring Andrew completely back.

1)If you are referring to the DKI style of revival it is not necessary to do all that elaborate stuff like getting four or five people to rush over, sitting the guy up and crossing their legs etc.…..but then again I guess it is all part of the “Dillman Show” isn’t it. :rolleyes: Actually sitting them his not such a good idea and could increase the likelihood for injuries or complications. I know that DKI people think they ned to “counter” the points they used to KO someone but that is pure BULL. The reason being, as I have said numerous times before, the points are too close together to accurately determine which point was used……not to mention that when doing a neck strike you are not even using points to KO them but the effect comes from the brain getting knocked against the skull and thereby KOing the person, so making them sit up could possible cause damage. But I guess you guys will figure that out in a few years when you start walking around shaking like Mohamed Ali. Like I said, it’s better to study from someone who is “trained” and actually knows what the hell they are doing.

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
1)If you are referring to the DKI style of revival it is not necessary to do all that elaborate stuff like getting four or five people to rush over, sitting the guy up and crossing their legs etc.…..but then again I guess it is all part of the “Dillman Show” isn’t it. :rolleyes: Actually sitting them his not such a good idea and could increase the likelihood for injuries or complications. I know that DKI people think they ned to “counter” the points they used to KO someone but that is pure BULL. The reason being, as I have said numerous times before, the points are too close together to accurately determine which point was used……not to mention that when doing a neck strike you are not even using points to KO them but the effect comes from the brain getting knocked against the skull and thereby KOing the person, so making them sit up could possible cause damage. But I guess you guys will figure that out in a few years when you start walking around shaking like Mohamed Ali. Like I said, it’s better to study from someone who is “trained” and actually knows what the hell they are doing.
To each there own I guess:rolleyes: , you love to start flame wars don't you. So I guess that you would rather leave them be and just hope they wake up, yeah that is the smart thing to do. Andrew KOd Tony with a GB20 shot and Tony KOd Andrew with a LI18 shot, oh but wait it is impossible to hit any one point. On LI 18 you are correct sir, but you effect the one point by angle and direction or don't you learn this in TCM. Would you like for me to continue, no I think this concludes your lesson for today.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
Smart move. Kind of sucks for the people that got hurt though.
Who's tournament was it?
And people get on my case for being too harsh with "kyusho Wannabies".....now you know why.
All it takes is for some idiot to think he is an expert in pressure points and go whack someone and seriously hurt them.

Hi Robert, you and I have discussed this many times, and you know that for the most part I agree with you. However, I have to ask, How do I (or anyone), go about finding the "qualified" person? I mean what credentials do you get that says you are qualified to teach (so called) KYUSHO techniques?

--Dave :asian:

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Xequat said:
Definitely.

It felt pretty good to finally be able to knock someone out instead of being the one getting KO'd, heh. I'm not sure if you'd call it a "light touch" because I got him pretty good in Large Intestine 18, but not as hard as I could have because I'm new to it and I didn't want to hurt Andrew. I only actaully struck him the one time, though. He wasn't 100% out, but he went to the ground in a hurry. It was nice to have him a little conscious so that I could get a little experience with the healing/revival aspect as well. The urgency wasn't as intense as it would have been if he were completely out, so I got to help Joe bring Andrew completely back.

If your school practises the revivals(some don't), then what were you doing striking someones pressure points, without the knowledge of revivals? I would have thought they were/ are more important than being able to bash someone so that they fall down.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:

I have to tell you, Robert, I have experienced being tapped by DKI and other exponents. One thing I have found, no matter who the hitter is, it feels a lot better to get the Dillman treatment afterwards, than to not get it. You don't feel so fuzzy in the head, and the lack of equalibrium seems to pass a lot quicker:D

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
1) To each there own I guess:rolleyes: , you love to start flame wars don't you. 2) So I guess that you would rather leave them be and just hope they wake up, yeah that is the smart thing to do.
<sigh>

1)[font=&quot] [/font]If it is written in a thread I can comment on it. Never said I wanted to start a “flame war”….it just seems that you can never justify what you claim in your posts regarding pressure points, no touch Kos and the rest of it. I can correct wrong information you pass out as I see fit.
I think you said you were here to learn and share ideas. Well, here is someone (me) that knows more than you do, as well as your buddy Dillman, on the subject of pressure points and TCM giving you information on it. I have pointed out to you on countless occasions the error in your theories regarding these subjects.
After seeing your attitude over the last few months has made me come to the conclusion that you are not really here to learn and only want to pump your own agenda, DKI and only exchange ideas with people that agree with you or buy into your half baked theories. Especially since there is someone who actually knows and is trained in the subject your are trying to discuss and you constantly reject facts that given to you. But then I guess if you started to listen me that would contradict what Dillman says….and that would put you in between a rock and a hard place. You would be doing you and your students a favor if you lost the ego and actually listened to one who knows what they’re talking about.

<sigh again>

2)[font=&quot] [/font]Did I say that is how I would react to the situation? I don’t think I did. Here again you were given advice by a trained professional and you chose to cop an attitude.

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
D.Cobb said:
If your school practises the revivals(some don't), then what were you doing striking someones pressure points, without the knowledge of revivals? I would have thought they were/ are more important than being able to bash someone so that they fall down.

We do practice revivals, but this is the first time that he has had to do it in action I was just there to guide him through it.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
D.Cobb said:
Hi Robert, you and I have discussed this many times, and you know that for the most part I agree with you. However, I have to ask, How do I (or anyone), go about finding the "qualified" person? I mean what credentials do you get that says you are qualified to teach (so called) KYUSHO techniques?

That's a good question. First off I would try to find someone that was trained by someone that actually for more than a few years experience. Training in TCM would great, but not really needed.
Basically kyusho is not a seperate art as some would have you think. It is actually in many arts.....so finding someone that CAN and WILL teach it the right way is not easy.

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
<sigh>

1)If it is written in a thread I can comment on it. Never said I wanted to start a “flame war”….it just seems that you can never justify what you claim in your posts regarding pressure points, no touch Kos and the rest of it. I can correct wrong information you pass out as I see fit.
I think you said you were here to learn and share ideas. Well, here is someone (me) that knows more than you do, as well as your buddy Dillman, on the subject of pressure points and TCM giving you information on it. I have pointed out to you on countless occasions the error in your theories regarding these subjects.
After seeing your attitude over the last few months has made me come to the conclusion that you are not really here to learn and only want to pump your own agenda, DKI and only exchange ideas with people that agree with you or buy into your half baked theories. Especially since there is someone who actually knows and is trained in the subject your are trying to discuss and you constantly reject facts that given to you. But then I guess if you started to listen me that would contradict what Dillman says….and that would put you in between a rock and a hard place. You would be doing you and your students a favor if you lost the ego and actually listened to one who knows what they’re talking about.

<sigh again>

2)Did I say that is how I would react to the situation? I don’t think I did. Here again you were given advice by a trained professional and you chose to cop an attitude.
I did not cop an attitude with you, not until you did with me sir.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
D.Cobb said:
I have to tell you, Robert, I have experienced being tapped by DKI and other exponents. One thing I have found, no matter who the hitter is, it feels a lot better to get the Dillman treatment afterwards, than to not get it. You don't feel so fuzzy in the head, and the lack of equalibrium seems to pass a lot quicker:D

The easiest way to revive someone is to do a sternum rub….works like a charm.

There is no need fro all the “drama” that Dillman’s people do with 4 or 5 folks scrambling to get the KOed person up into a sitting position and crossing their legs. But that adds to the “shock & awe” factor and looks really kool for the uninitiated. Simple do the sternum rub (not the only way though) and gently lift the head slightly and massage the back of their neck at the base of the skull on both sides (takes away the nausea).. good for sea sickness as well.

Like I said before, you’re not “correcting” point(s) that were struck and there is no need to that many people there.

How often do you see medical people pick up a person who has just been knocked out like a boxer for example…..not ever right? What’s the difference? There isn’t one.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
ppko said:
We do practice revivals, but this is the first time that he has had to do it in action I was just there to guide him through it.
Shouldn't you have taught him that bit first?
I mean any one can thump anyone else :whip: , it's NO big deal! Surely the "Healing" side of the arts is more important....
Otherwise, why not do like Robert said and just let them come around by natural means?

Just wondering....... :idunno:

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
I did not cop an attitude with you, not until you did with me sir.
and yet more attitude from you.

Ya know...this is not a DKI thing and here is why .... DCobb is/was a Dillman student and he and I get along pretty good. We often exchange emails and I consider him a friend even though we have never actually seen each other. I have learned a great deal from him and value his friendship.