So Proud

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I just wanted to tell everyone how proud of my students that I am (even without this story I am still very proud with them), both of my students got there first taste of the light touch Knock-out. Tony (Xequat whom has been with me for a little while now), and Andrew (he is not on this board but is one of my students) got to knock each other out, as it makes me feel great as an instructor (this is my first school so I am sure this won't be as big of a deal after a while or maybe it will), and it makes me very happy for my students now they know they can do it the sky is the limit.

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That is extremly cool!! I actually had a bit of a student success story myself last night, when one of my 12 yr olds who I've been working with for about 4 yrs or so, told me he went to sisters and was being bullied by this 24 yr old boyfriend of hers , and when it broke off into the face off he totally whooped his butt!! He was proud of his skill and just quietly, having seen the guy personally and noting his size back then , I got a bit of smile on myself ;) :D

Gotta love a good set of techs :partyon:

Blooming Lotus

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please keep the discussion friendly and on track. If someone is not interested in hearing anothers post, there is an ignore feature on everyones profile.

Thank you.

Mike

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
ppko said:
I just wanted to tell everyone how proud of my students that I am (even without this story I am still very proud with them), both of my students got there first taste of the light touch Knock-out. Tony (Xequat whom has been with me for a little while now), and Andrew (he is not on this board but is one of my students) got to knock each other out, as it makes me feel great as an instructor (this is my first school so I am sure this won't be as big of a deal after a while or maybe it will), and it makes me very happy for my students now they know they can do it the sky is the limit.

:asian:

Question: I'm kind of curious as well. What's a "light touch" knockout?

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Zepp said:
Congrats to Xequat, Andrew and yourself.

One question though: light touch knockout? :idunno:
I am in DKI and we teach pressure point fighting, when doing this if it is taught correctly you are able to KO someone with a light strike.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
ppko said:
I am in DKI and we teach pressure point fighting, when doing this if it is taught correctly you are able to KO someone with a light strike.

Ahh! Very interesting! :)

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I hope that this thread does not turn into an argument thread I would like to make it into a success with your students thread, so if anyone else has any success stories please post them.

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Blooming Lotus said:
That is extremly cool!! I actually had a bit of a student success story myself last night, when one of my 12 yr olds who I've been working with for about 4 yrs or so, told me he went to sisters and was being bullied by this 24 yr old boyfriend of hers , and when it broke off into the face off he totally whooped his butt!! He was proud of his skill and just quietly, having seen the guy personally and noting his size back then , I got a bit of smile on myself ;) :D

Gotta love a good set of techs :partyon:

Blooming Lotus
Congrats

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
ppko said:

Well, I'm glad they experienced it without any damage. Unfortunately, I've witnessed light knockouts that had some serious consequences so I wouldn't go looking for them.

Also, please keep this on topic. TW

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
Well, I'm glad they experienced it without any damage. Unfortunately, I've witnessed light knockouts that had some serious consequences so I wouldn't go looking for them.

Also, please keep this on topic. TW
What happend to them?

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
When you say totally whipped his butt what exactly do you mean?
Was the 24 year old laying there crying? Did they take him to the hospital?
No, but Dylan ( the 12 yr old) having the speed and strike combo down and some good "fight / defence " training experience over him, after the initial few hits they traded off , got in enough blocks and strikes to make him stop and go for an all guard covereing his head and knee blocking his body without continuing the attack. This kid is more than 10 kgs heavier than I am, but I thought that was very cool it was working for him in real situations. Now he's kind of a neighbourhood hero as far as his friends and his sister are concerned. It's very cute, but I don't think Troy ( the adult involved who has consequentially just hospitalised dylans 4 yr old cousin with an alah Chers "the mask" movie son temp deformation mucking about sparring and jazz) will not likely be so keen to try it with him in future, and his confidence got a nice boost. There are some idiots about, and I like knowing he held his own on this one and even more I like knowing I helped him out and gave him something he's using .

Blooming Lotus

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Blooming Lotus said:
No, but Dylan ( the 12 yr old) having the speed and strike combo down and some good "fight / defence " training experience over him, after the initial few hits they traded off , got in enough blocks and strikes to make him stop and go for an all guard covereing his head and knee blocking his body without continuing the attack. This kid is more than 10 kgs heavier than I am, but I thought that was very cool it was working for him in real situations. Now he's kind of a neighbourhood hero as far as his friends and his sister are concerned. It's very cute, but I don't think Troy ( the adult involved who has consequentially just hospitalised dylans 4 yr old cousin with an alah Chers "the mask" movie son temp deformation mucking about sparring and jazz) will not likely be so keen to try it with him in future, and his confidence got a nice boost. There are some idiots about, and I like knowing he held his own on this one and even more I like knowing I helped him out and gave him something he's using .

Blooming Lotus
You lost me on this part.........

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
One girl, an older teen knocked out was pretty incoherent. She had some short term memory problems which made high school difficult for her. Another guy, older, that was knocked out had a jaw problem, had to have surgery. Didn't hear what happened after that. TW

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
One guy 24 , was mucking about play fighting with some kids. got a little serious with one 12 yr old ( my student) who had some training and the fought back and he realised it was a bad idea to "play" with him like that. Tried the same "game " the next day with a 4 yr old relative of the 2 yr olds , and put him hospital. Morale of the story is , myself and that 4 yr old need to spend a lil time together ( working on his running skill no less ) :) .............

Blooming Lotus

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Blooming Lotus said:
One guy 24 , was mucking about play fighting with some kids. got a little serious with one 12 yr old ( my student) who had some training and the fought back and he realised it was a bad idea to "play" with him like that. Tried the same "game " the next day with a 4 yr old relative of the 2 yr olds , and put him hospital. Morale of the story is , myself and that 4 yr old need to spend a lil time together ( working on his running skill no less ) :) .............

Blooming Lotus

This tells me that the 24 yo needs to do some serious growing up!!! Hes got nothing better to do than fight with a 12 and 4 yo???

Morale of the story is , myself and that 4 yr old need to spend a lil time together ( working on his running skill no less ) :) .............

What exactly would you do with this 4yo that he'd actually be able to retain?

Mike

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin Note:

The tangent material has been split off from this into a new thread in the "Horror Stories" forum entitled "Attention Blooming Lotus".

It is found here: http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19977

Please keep -this- thread focused as intended by the thread starter, and the related tangents that were left in.

Thank you,
Bob Hubbard
MartialTalk Administrator

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Joe that is great....Tony finally got KO'd hehe!!

You're a great guy Joe, very passionate about your students and that is just fantastic to see!

Congrates Tony......so tell....how was it?

Latest Discussions