So. Many. Posers.

MattofSilat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was at the beach recently, and I was recommended to buy the book 'Convict Conditioning' from a user on this forum, which goes into detail about the bad factors of the typical macho gym guy.

So, I thought of that when I was at the beach. You tend to see a lot of guys with a 'Six Pack' (Just Abs, nothing else to it. Doesn't mean anything if it's just abs) and Pecs, but functional strength at all. I find it quite frustrating personally when you get a guy with Biceps, Pecs and a Six Pack and then they think they're king of the jungle. In my opinion, if somebody doesn't have 2 of a big back, legs and/or midsection (Muscle, not fat), they can't be very strong because that's where the overwhelming majority of the power comes from. A lot of people train Abs by doing Crunches, which is just tensing your Abs and having good fitness, far from being macho.

I was at the beach with one of my friends, who was being a bit of an idiot - dancing. It was pretty funny, I'm not going to lie. Anyway, I learnt that my friend just so happened to be followed this book for the last 3 years when I reccomended it to him. This jerk, who had a 'bimbo' (No, I'm not being judgemental) with him decided to push my friend over randomly, and to "Sit the F*** down before he gets KOed". My friend is quite docile, despite his intimidating figure (He had his shirt on at the time, I doubt the guy would've picked on him had he not).

He's at quite a high stage in the book, doing 50 One Handed Push-Ups on eachside, One-Legged Pistol Squats and One handed handstand PushUps. He's almost at the stage of one handed pull-ups and the stand-to-stand bridge (From standing, bend backwards into a bridge and then get back up. The going down is mainly flexibility, the getting up is raw strength).

So, as it turns out, the other guy's friend's boat was on the beach and they couldn't get it back into the water. The two guys were trying with all their collective might to push it back, but they got nowhere. Then, and this was absolutely priceless, my friend comes along and pushes it into the water: alone. The look at that guy's face was among the best moments I've had in my 15 years on earth, it was that good.

Needless to say, the guy apologized profoundly. They went on the move their towels away from us, which my friend and I found very amusing. Among the best bits is that my friend is 15 like me, and those guys must have been 18+ and 1/2 a foot taller than him.

Just a story I thought I should share, and I don't know where so I decided here, and I suppose it can all be attributed to calisthenics.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Man, I wish you could have filmed that!

I bet it was priceless! :D

Latest Discussions