So, How was the Pasadena Homecoming?

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
He is... And you can order a DVD from the IKKA headquarters of the entire event.

Where? The IKKA really needs a Webmaster!
:soapbox:

There is no post-Homecoming news on their website... which also has not been updated in 4 months... :(

I'm hoping it was because they were all too busy making history to update the web, but I'm looking forward to news and announcements being put up on their site. Mr. Trejo told me after he rejoined and went back to teaching in the Pasadena studio that one of the reasons for this camp would be to make several announcements.

I'm not sure if I'm joining yet until I hear what they have developed.

I mean, hi Mr. Duffy, just teasing the guys on the internet... :eek:

And the DVD will no doubt be listed on at the online store
http://www.americankenpostore.com/

I will put some money aside. I bet they won't ship before September unless they are making a push to sell some at the IKC.

I just pre-ordered a Star Trek toy on the internet this morning. I would have sprung for the Pasadena DVD already if they were taking orders.

Can't wait. :boing2:

P.S. By the way, where are all the naysayers that were here last month talking about what a disaster this was going to be? :shrug: I think I saw one of them in a photo. :rolleyes: Excellent news that all went very well. I'm very glad to hear it. :D

K

KenpoGirl

This thread has been view over 1000 times already, its going to be a popular thread.

Guess people really are interested in what the IKKA is up too. But what were all the anouncements? Or were there any? :(

Dot
:asian:

S

SThiess

The IKKA never said that they had any announcements. This Camp was called a Homecoming Camp, because is was about MR. Parker, his Art and his Pasadena Studio. No politics and it was not about the IKKA. It was just FUN ! And that we had a lot. I think that is the most important part and it always should be that way.

Have a nice day
Sven :asian:

P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by cdhall
Great. Thank you. I swear, you deserve a medal or something for that. :eek:

Naaahh, just being my normal Yeti self LOL. Got to hang around with some good people, some new, some old, but all having a blast.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was told that some announcements would be made at the time of the Homecoming? Glad everything was so positive. It is great seeing a bunch of the "Seniors" in the same place at the same time.

With over 1000 views, other people may have been under the same impression I was, i.e. that something regarding the structure of the "New" IKKA would be, I believe the word used to me was "unveiled." It is a very nice start with all the good feelings apparently had by all, and I for one, am glad of it. I look forward to watching the growth of the IKKA and see who climbs on board next.

S

SThiess

The only thing which was kind of announced, but you can also see it in the new IKKA flyer is, that Mr. Huk Planas, Mr. Frank Trejo and Mr. Bob Liles are back with the I.K.K.A. That's it !

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo
Naaahh, just being my normal Yeti self LOL. Got to hang around with some good people, some new, some old, but all having a blast.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Dang it Clyde, can't you do anything right? I see you getting wasted on that video clip!;)

P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by RCastillo
Dang it Clyde, can't you do anything right? I see you getting wasted on that video clip!;)

Hey, I made Doreen look like a Queen of Pain didn't I LOL? Good dummying skills I suppose.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
Nope ......... No announcements. No Politics. No name calling. Yes, they are taking orders.

If "the announcements" are "There will be no announcements, that is fine with me. Maybe the'll do this again next year and I can go! :boing2:

If they are taking orders should I assume they are not going to announce that on their website either? :confused:

Dot observed that there were 1000 views here already. I'm just saying that there is also at least one customer they aren't taking money from.

Again, I'm truly happy to hear it all went well and I look forward to taking a class or going to a Camp in the Pasadena studio one day. :ubercool:

I see there are video clips. Thanks again. I'll shut up now and go watch. :D

S

Sandor

Great camp. I have been reading the wonderful posts that have filled this thread and enjoying the videos that were posted. The Mrs and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting so many of the folks that we did. Sigung, Mr.C, Doc, Mr.Sepulveda, Mr.Liles, Mr. Sullivan... all great people who I am glad to have finally met. Going home tomorrow is going to suck though a few days to heal will come in handy.

Does anyone have more of the clips from the line??? It was a lot of fun and I am very much looking forward to next year's homecoming. Everyones spirit contributed to an event that really blew the doors off of all the camps I've been to previously. I would especially like to thank my students who trekked here from Miami: Wilfredo Quintana, Mike Molina, Ivonne Morales and Justin Zenoff. I got a lot of great feedback on all of you and appreciate you going the extra few miles for class this week. To say I am proud of you would be an understatement ;)

To everyone I had a chance to workout with; thanks a million, I look forward to the next time we meet on the mat :asian:

Everyone else; perhaps next time, just say hello and I'll be more than happy to partner up with you in Pasadena, South Beach, Louisville, Boston, Philly.... :asian:

One final thanks that cannot be repeated enough, so don't stop posting all the positives(know they are reading them and appreciating every single one); Dian Tanaka, Ed Parker Jr. and Larry Kongaika;

You all did an excellent, fantabulous, kick a@$ job! Asaaaah!

Peace,
Sandor

ps; hope to see some of you folks at beach bash 2003:cool:

S

Scott Bonner

I really want to see those three videos, but I'm unable to make them play. Any suggestions? What player is .avi designed for?

No go in Netscape 4.7, Internet Explorer, or saving the file and trying it in WMP or RealPlayer. In WMP, I get audio only. Otherwise, nothing. There's something I'm not understanding here.

Peace,
Scott

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
On my Mac at home they opened and played in a new browser window.

Here on my PC at work they downloaded and opened in an new quicktime window.

Try Quicktime. Install it if you don't have it. It works with web files and stand alone files on your drive as well.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

P.S. I meant the free version. You don't need Quicktime Pro for this.

S

Scott Bonner

Thanks! I got Quicktime for my work computer and now they run just fine.

Peace,
Scott

K

Kenpo Yahoo

By the way, where are all the naysayers that were here last month talking about what a disaster this was going to be?

I believe I was one of those naysayers and here is why. Holding a few seminars, in which a few high ranking instructors come back to teach is one thing, but trying to restructure an organization by putting 30+ high ranking people in charge of establishing the rules, regulations, and requirements for the said organization is something altogether different.

I'm glad everybody had a great time at the camp, but the IKKA is far from all the grand proclamations that we have all heard. There were a number of people suggesting that there would be a huge International testing board, a Honor Guard or whatever, and a bunch of other stuff. None of this has been established so to shout VICTORY because the homecoming seminars went okay, is a bit short sighted.

Don't get me wrong, I wish the IKKA the best of luck but they definately have a long, hard road ahead of them.

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, the IKKA does have a long hard road ahead if their goal is to reunite Kenpo leadership. It seems like the Pasadena Homecoming was a really positive step in the right direction by many of the people who need to be walking together down that long road.

Latest Discussions