SL-4 Video Clips

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Didn't "The Real Don Steele" from KHJ radio have a dance show on TV? Man, that seems like such a long time ago...was it channel 9, and was it the {TV station sister} of KHJ?
"The Real Don Steele," was on KHJ-AM Radio in L.A. and part of the era of the “Boss Radio” format, which ultimately gave way to the “Boss Tom Cross.”

He had a TV Show on the sister station KHJ-TV channel 9, called "Boss City" and later "The Real Don Steele TV Show." KHJ-TV ultimately went bankrupt, and was bought out by Disney and became KCAL-TV. Don Steel ended up at KRTH-FM, K-Earth 101. “Boss radio already had "Robert W. Morgan,” best known for his morning show where he always said, “Good Morgan,” and he was the one that recommended Don Steele for the job.

Around 1957 Dave Clark took his local dance show Bandstand, national as American bandstand on ABC-TV.

However, my all time favorite was Lloyd Thaxton who was on KCOP-TV 13, and went into national syndication around 1964. He would lip synch songs and even faked playing instruments like the piano. A habit I picked up as the extent of my musical talent.

"That's right Daddy-O. Wam Wam, Yes ma'am. That's right Brother Fred, I stood there and did just what I said." Roscoe on your radio, baby.

And let's not forget, The "Wolfman Jack."

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
"The Real Don Steele," was on KHJ-AM Radio in L.A. and part of the era of the “Boss Radio” format, which ultimately gave way to the “Boss Tom Cross.”

He had a TV Show on the sister station KHJ-TV channel 9, called "Boss City" and later "The Real Don Steele TV Show." KHJ-TV ultimately went bankrupt, and was bought out by Disney and became KCAL-TV. Don Steel ended up at KRTH-FM, K-Earth 101. “Boss radio already had "Robert W. Morgan,” best known for his morning show where he always said, “Good Morgan,” and he was the one that recommended Don Steele for the job.

Around 1957 Dave Clark took his local dance show Bandstand, national as American bandstand on ABC-TV.

However, my all time favorite was Lloyd Thaxton who was on KCOP-TV 13, and went into national syndication around 1964. He would lip synch songs and even faked playing instruments like the piano. A habit I picked up as the extent of my musical talent.

"That's right Daddy-O. Wam Wam, Yes ma'am. That's right Brother Fred, I stood there and did just what I said." Roscoe on your radio, baby.

And let's not forget, The "Wolfman Jack."

Wolfman Jack. Man, Oh, Man. You're taking me back, Doc.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Wolfman Jack. Man, Oh, Man. You're taking me back, Doc.

[yt]bA2m7KYqG5s[/yt]

Pure class... nothing less!

The Wolfman was THE MAN! :ultracool

Hope you're restin' easy, Bobby!v

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

distalero

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wolfman Jack. :D He did, night after night, pretty much what Lucas had him do in "American Graffitti": gave funny, psychologically insightful comments and advice to kids "all over the WORLD, baby". Nobody like him then and now.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
[yt]bA2m7KYqG5s[/yt]

Pure class... nothing less!

The Wolfman was THE MAN! :ultracool

Hope you're restin' easy, Bobby!v

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

MST, I just came off a 12-hour day of dealing with spring fevered, full blown raging hormone, teen angst--and I mean a nonstop river! That clip just made my whole day. I may just sit here and watch it all night. If it doesn't make ya feel good, you just weren't there. Thanks! :D

Hoosier

White Belt
Reaction score
I appologize for interrupting your thread discussion. Mr. Bode was a personal friend of mine several years ago and I am attempting to contact him. I realize this is not Reunion.com but if anyone that checks these boards frequently,that knows him well, could ask him to check his personal e-mail so I could speak with him it would be greatly appreciated.

Your friend in Kenpo,
Hoosier