SL-4 Video Clips

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Doc, I notice in clip 6 the block for Sword of Doom is going to somewhere on the fore-arm area... has this evolved to the shoulder target since this video was taken (or is it just a yellow belt hitting the wrong target?)

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jazz or Motown in the background? People getting whacked on the nerves? Sounds like a session of SL4. Oh, wait...it IS an SL4 session.

Thanks for the footage Doc, Bode, and Mike (for posting it here).

Doc: Go easy on Bode...you're makin him look small. :)

Bode: Eat.

It was good to see you guys again, even if only over the internet. Glad to see David's still hangin, too.

Good stuff,

D.

PS - Quote of the day: "Because I put it there."

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Jazz or Motown in the background? People getting whacked on the nerves? Sounds like a session of SL4. Oh, wait...it IS an SL4 session.

Good stuff,

D.

PS - Quote of the day: "Because I put it there."

Agreed... very interesting material..

Thanks to Doc, his group, and to NJS for posting them all!

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Doc, I notice in clip 6 the block for Sword of Doom is going to somewhere on the fore-arm area... has this evolved to the shoulder target since this video was taken (or is it just a yellow belt hitting the wrong target?)

I'm probably going to get my *** kicked for this but the way I learnt sword of doom the target is the lower forearm (fire ring I think, probably got that wrong too), delayed sword is to the shoulder without getting specific. Now off to hide somewhere behind lead walls :)

Amrik

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
While searching Youtube, I came across some SL4 video clips that our very own Doc posted. I'd like to extend a thanks to Doc and his student Bode, for giving us a small taste of his version of Kenpo.

Great clips Doc! Thank you!

Clip 1

Clip 2

Clip 3

Clip 4

Clip 5

Clip 6

Clip 7

Clip 8

Clip 9

WHOOO! Man that's enjoyable to watch. Hi to Doc, Bode, and Mr.'s Angell and Perez again. :)

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, Doc.
Those clips were fantastic!
We need a MSU over here in PA!...hint...hint...please....Aw, come on!....

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't know why you all keep calling Bode small... he's 6ft tall and ripped... :idunno:

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm probably going to get my *** kicked for this but the way I learnt sword of doom the target is the lower forearm (fire ring I think, probably got that wrong too), delayed sword is to the shoulder without getting specific. Now off to hide somewhere behind lead walls :)

Amrik

it is also highly likely that I am just wrong all the way around LOL

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I enjoyed my moring coffee while watching #7 over, and over, and over for comedic entertainment. Something about seeing Ray-Ray/Bode takin' the pain...just puts a smile on my face.

Mainly, cuz you could almost bet that came about from a question.

D.

profesormental

Brown Belt
Reaction score
About time!!!

Let's see what happens, Doc!

Thanks!

Juan M. Mercado

P.S. Maybe now we can get video replys to the questions in the forums...? Much fun!

chtavis

White Belt
Reaction score
I still don't know what Doc is talking about but that was interesting. Where have I seen drills like those before? Seems maybe some boxers use repeating patterns like that. Looks very useful no matter the art. Now off to chastize Mr. Hawkins for not posting those elsewhere.

What do you think James? Are some of the cry babies ready to see something different...LOL!!!

CT

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I still don't know what Doc is talking about but that was interesting. Where have I seen drills like those before? Seems maybe some boxers use repeating patterns like that. Looks very useful no matter the art. Now off to chastize Mr. Hawkins for not posting those elsewhere.

What do you think James? Are some of the cry babies ready to see something different...LOL!!!

CT

NO. Doc has been given more unnecessary hell on that forum than anywhere else which is exactly why I haven't posted them there. Good call Craig, there IS a reason why I haven't put them up on KN.

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Awesome, Awesome stuff. I am so glad I have finally seen this SL-4 you guys have been talking about!

:ultracool

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, first off, I'd like to extend a thanks to everyone for keeping this thread civil. :) I agree with Mr. Hawkins, in that there is alot of 'tension' at that 'other place' at times, so hopefully things stay cool over here! :)

Not sure if Doc or Bode has been on lately, but I hope that they come on to see this thread and answer any questions anyone may have regarding the clips or SL4 in general. :)

Mike

Latest Discussions