SKK Combos

Anyway, combination/dm/whatever you call it this week number 11 as I have it:

Start in a horse stance.

Draw into a left cat stance and do a left hand parry block.

right trigger finger to the temple.

Single leg takedown (right hand on the hips to displace and left hand sweeping the ankle) slide the hands up the leg to the opponents foot.

right knee to their groin.

right hand grabs the top half of the foot and left hand grabs the heel. turn the leg (tearing the ACL) step over the body with the left foot.

right knee to the spine while pulling the leg.

step over the body with the right leg, right thrust punch to the ribs, right heel kick to the ribs (both sides), left spinning hook kick to the head (as they pop up their head from the rib shots).

on guard.

I've seen other versions of this such as hiding the trigger finger strike under the parry block, adding an extra parry block after the trigger finger, using a palm strike to the ribs before the takedown...lots of neat stuff!

Mine is the same except i no longer use the cat stance and sometimes initiate the takedown with a left upward/ right to left tiger rake across the face (on retraction from the parry block). It throws the person balance off and gives you the time to go for the single leg take down. Both these changes come from Shiahn Ingargiola who says he has always had them this way. I kept both for a while (he does not force anyone to clone him) but i find the changes work better.

Respectfully,
Marlon

Anyway, combination/dm/whatever you call it this week number 11 as I have it:

Start in a horse stance.

Draw into a left cat stance and do a left hand parry block.

right trigger finger to the temple.

Single leg takedown (right hand on the hips to displace and left hand sweeping the ankle) slide the hands up the leg to the opponents foot.

right knee to their groin.

right hand grabs the top half of the foot and left hand grabs the heel. turn the leg (tearing the ACL) step over the body with the left foot.

right knee to the spine while pulling the leg.

step over the body with the right leg, right thrust punch to the ribs, right heel kick to the ribs (both sides), left spinning hook kick to the head (as they pop up their head from the rib shots).

on guard.

This is the same way I learned it as well. :)

Mike

Mine is the same except i no longer use the cat stance and sometimes initiate the takedown with a left upward/ right to left tiger rake across the face (on retraction from the parry block). It throws the person balance off and gives you the time to go for the single leg take down. Both these changes come from Shiahn Ingargiola who says he has always had them this way. I kept both for a while (he does not force anyone to clone him) but i find the changes work better.

Respectfully,
Marlon
Hello Marlon,

Is that the same way he has it on the video?

P.S. Master Mailman had a cool version where you place a figure 4 on the persons knee. They basically wind up stuck in the air while breaking their back. I am a little reluctant to teach it this way early as it seemed easier to injure your partner, but that could just be my paranoid self.

Talk too you soon,
James R. (SK101)

Hello All,

Onto to DM(Combination) 12 anyone. I look at this as a follow up to DM #6. It's still the leg is longer than the arm principle, but the follow up changes since you arent "bouncing" off your opponent.

I am sure everyone has 3 different landing positions, but I'll post them anyway - Opponent dosen't move - feet go together. Opponent moves back -then kicking leg steps forward. Opponent moves forward -Left leg steps forward.

Does anyone use wall drills or Bo Staff drill to teach the back kick?

Hello All,

Onto to DM(Combination) 12 anyone. I look at this as a follow up to DM #6. It's still the leg is longer than the arm principle, but the follow up changes since you arent "bouncing" off your opponent.

I am sure everyone has 3 different landing positions, but I'll post them anyway - Opponent dosen't move - feet go together. Opponent moves back -then kicking leg steps forward. Opponent moves forward -Left leg steps forward.

Not me. I used a person with a kickshield to enable the person learning to practice the ranges.

#12 for me is all about positioning. How to place yourelf for an accuratre spinning kick and the timing for this.

Respectfully,
marlon

Respectfully,
Marlon
Hello Marlon,

Is that the same way he has it on the video?

P.S. Master Mailman had a cool version where you place a figure 4 on the persons knee. They basically wind up stuck in the air while breaking their back. I am a little reluctant to teach it this way early as it seemed easier to injure your partner, but that could just be my paranoid self.

Talk too you soon,
James R. (SK101)

I will have to double check the video. It is how he does it so i would imagine yes. The firgue 4 sounds interesting, but i would not teach it to those without very good control. there arew many variations that cn be done with the combinations. I like to make sure everyone (with me) teachs the same base technique and let everyone grow with their own personal understanding and skill from there.

Hope to talk to you soon

Respectfully,
marlon

Hello All,

#12 for me is all about positioning. How to place yourelf for an accuratre spinning kick and the timing for this.

Respectfully,
marlon

I agree with Marlon as far as positioning and timing goes for the back kick, but I also think the front kick has to also do with timing and accuracy as well. If I don't get my kick in to the correct spot in time, that punch is going to hit me. You have to time their step perfectly for this technique to work. Anyone else want to add?

I agree with Marlon as far as positioning and timing goes for the back kick, but I also think the front kick has to also do with timing and accuracy as well. If I don't get my kick in to the correct spot in time, that punch is going to hit me. You have to time their step perfectly for this technique to work. Anyone else want to add?

Agreed ... timing of the first kick is the key. If you mis-time this kick, you're going to be not only hit, but possibly over-run, being that you're on one leg and therefore at a distinct disadvantage as far as the all important balance. The first kick must do its intended job, or there is no back kick.

Agreed ... timing of the first kick is the key. If you mis-time this kick, you're going to be not only hit, but possibly over-run, being that you're on one leg and therefore at a distinct disadvantage as far as the all important balance. The first kick must do its intended job, or there is no back kick.

Alleluia praise the lord! someone sees what I understand! I am short. )14 Kempo, you can ask your instructor and he'll verify it). If I miss that first kick, I'm screwed. I need to find a different technique to use ASAP!

Hi, Sorry Had a tough week. Comb 12. I set my body up so the attacker punches into my left side of my body. as the attacker moves in I shift my body to the right and step out on a Octagon angle 4 and deliver a left front ball kick to the attackers right side of his body. this starts to spin the attacker alittle. so you can set you left foot for your right spinning back kick. ( timeing is big here) and I shift with my heal aready faceing the attackers body so the spin is pre set.
kosho

Hi, Sorry Had a tough week. Comb 12. I set my body up so the attacker punches into my left side of my body. as the attacker moves in I shift my body to the right and step out on a Octagon angle 4 and deliver a left front ball kick to the attackers right side of his body. this starts to spin the attacker alittle. so you can set you left foot for your right spinning back kick. ( timeing is big here) and I shift with my heal aready faceing the attackers body so the spin is pre set.
kosho

Wouldn't timing and accuracy also be key for the front kick? if you kick someone in the right side of the body, realistically, where would the body turn? if someone hits my right side, i'm more than likely going to turn towards my right, leaving you with a very small target to hit now. you're most likely hitting my left arm. you should think about body positioning in relation to striking.

Yes timeing is a key for the front ball kick also, with the kick to the right side and the person starts to spin. most of the time I deliver a spinning kick to the attackers left kidney area. if the person does not spin then i deliver the kick to the mid section or what is open. at that time.
also if the spinning kick is not the right call for the timeing then I go into something else. maybe a punch or a shift of movement and then set up the kick again. If i had to follow the TEQ. step by step and never change or grow then I would be stuck in a BOX and look like everyone else. I like to have that change about me LOL
Kosho

Yes timeing is a key for the front ball kick also, with the kick to the right side and the person starts to spin. most of the time I deliver a spinning kick to the attackers left kidney area. if the person does not spin then i deliver the kick to the mid section or what is open. at that time.
also if the spinning kick is not the right call for the timeing then I go into something else. maybe a punch or a shift of movement and then set up the kick again. If i had to follow the TEQ. step by step and never change or grow then I would be stuck in a BOX and look like everyone else. I like to have that change about me LOL
Kosho

I'm not saying to not step outside the box. In fact, I do it myself. To be quite honest, I am not confident in the kicking arena...I can kick (i study kickboxing as well), but I am not confident there. I'm more confident where I can use my hands...whether it be grappling, striking, wrestling...whatever. That's where I am comfortable. So, for me, I would use 12 as a fake to throw some closer range strikes. Just my opinion...

I like that. Myself I also can kick, but i like my hand speed and hitting power.
I only truly kick when needed. or to close the gap. I also train in BJJ
So are we now on comb 13? belt teq... I do this with out also. MJS you start LOL
Kosho

I like that. Myself I also can kick, but i like my hand speed and hitting power.
I only truly kick when needed. or to close the gap. I also train in BJJ
So are we now on comb 13? belt teq... I do this with out also. MJS you start LOL
Kosho

Ok..lets see.

Step with left to 10/11 o'clock area as the punch is blocked.

Left hand checks arm down as a right verticle punch is delivered to the head. I've also seen this done w/o the check.

Loop the belt over the head and around the neck.

Right foot steps behind opponents legs as you take them down.

Belt is then pulled off the neck and can be used to strike opponent.

I have it as

step out with left foot as the attacker comes in. with belt in both hands deliver a block with the belt. left hand high right low.

once to block is made take your left hand and press down on the attackers arm. as your right hand comes up and delivers a right back two knuckle punch to the attackers face ( temple area).
then flip the belt over the attackers head and shift your body around then and put your hip into there back and pull. this flpis them over.
once on the ground place your right or left foot on to there body
as you place the belt into the left hand ( so both ends of the belt are in the left hand. holding around the neck)
pull with the right shutting of the blood flow the the brain.
Kosho
Thats how i learned it back in the early 80s

With #13 there are variations of the take down.

The flip over the shoulder.
The side take down where you just roll em off the side and step out as you do it and.
There is one with a sweep as well.

agreed the timing for the first kick is critical.

marlon

Back