Reaction score
I forgot the most important part this is the best rice pudding I've ever had

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So as I write this on my cell I'm currently sitting outside a Mosque as security. I'm struck by a few things I figured I'd share. #1 these are some of the nicest people I've ever met. They keep bringing me out food drinks candy. They won't stop thanking me for being here. #2 the woman with the wonderfully colored head scarfs are absolutely beautiful. #3 I was talking to a older man with a noticeable limp he was walking inside and I say he had disabled Veterans tags. He was wounded in Vietnam and he's so proud of it that he fought for our county #4 I get more and more pissed as ignorant *** people that would hate someone because of a religion and they dress differently. And would try to kill them or harm them. #5 the kids are so amazed by my police car no different then any other kids I've met in the job. #6 they keep trying to invite me in and show me around they want so hard to show me they are not a threat like I'm an enemy to them because of a few stupid people they seem fearful of my presence. I'm no better then them and they have nothing to price to me but its hard to put that message across to them with seeming like I feel superior to them which I am most definitely not.

I'm pissed off that this has even became a topic of conversation because of some poor excuse of a human that was a waist of Air and is a 1000% less American then these awesome people are.

There was an officer just like you outside my Sikh temple the Sunday after 9/11. I do not follow the Sikh path any more, but believe me...your work is noticed and appreciated, and we do not see you as the enemy.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There was an officer just like you outside my Sikh temple the Sunday after 9/11. I do not follow the Sikh path any more, but believe me...your work is noticed and appreciated, and we do not see you as the enemy.
Enemy was the wrong word but they seemed uneasy about a large bald white guy walking around

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enemy was the wrong word but they seemed uneasy about a large bald white guy walking around

Its not much easier being the only redhead in a room full of Indian folk ;)

Food was darn good tho... :D

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Its not much easier being the only redhead in a room full of Indian folk ;)

Food was darn good tho... :D
You got that right I'm so full I hope I don't have to run tonight or its coming back up on them when I catch them

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Meanwhile, in other news, from Tennessee:

Hundreds of Muslims in Murfreesboro, Tenn., gathered on Friday afternoon for prayers in a new mosque that has — at times — divided the community.
Debate over the building coincided with disputes over the so-called Ground Zero Mosque in New York. The congregation in Murfreesboro weathered a bomb threat, arson attempts and a court challenge. But members say the pain was worth the prize — a proper mosque to worship in after decades meeting in a cramped office space.

The $2 million mosque, with its green dome, stands out among the Christian churches tucked into the rolling hills of Middle Tennessee. But like the neighbors, an American flag flies out front.

Essam Fathy has been in charge of this building project.

"This is our flag — I mean this is the American flag. We are Americans. If somebody can't see through that, then they need some help," Fathy says.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
So as I write this on my cell I'm currently sitting outside a Mosque as security. I'm struck by a few things I figured I'd share. #1 these are some of the nicest people I've ever met. They keep bringing me out food drinks candy. They won't stop thanking me for being here. #2 the woman with the wonderfully colored head scarfs are absolutely beautiful. #3 I was talking to a older man with a noticeable limp he was walking inside and I say he had disabled Veterans tags. He was wounded in Vietnam and he's so proud of it that he fought for our county #4 I get more and more pissed as ignorant *** people that would hate someone because of a religion and they dress differently. And would try to kill them or harm them. #5 the kids are so amazed by my police car no different then any other kids I've met in the job. #6 they keep trying to invite me in and show me around they want so hard to show me they are not a threat like I'm an enemy to them because of a few stupid people they seem fearful of my presence. I'm no better then them and they have nothing to price to me but its hard to put that message across to them with seeming like I feel superior to them which I am most definitely not.

I'm pissed off that this has even became a topic of conversation because of some poor excuse of a human that was a waist of Air and is a 1000% less American then these awesome people are.

Thanks for posting this. These people aren't the "other," they are Americans. I'm glad this pisses you off. It shows you care about people.

Wo Fat

Purple Belt
Reaction score

In all seriousness, that's a really awesome testimony, sir.

It fits well into this conversation because, unfortunately, there is still a large percentage of Americans who feel the exact opposite.

Mahalo.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for caring about people Ballen0351, I'm sure that your years of service to your community as a police officer, risking your life in the service of strangers every day on the job really didn't capture that whole "caring for others," thing. After all, everyone knows that people become police officers just so they can push people around, violate individual rights, and be an all around jerk. It is nice to know you actually care about people too.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not likely. It's Ramadan until the 18th, after all........

You know, they eat and party more during Ramadan than any other time of year, right! :)

Well, at least where it is a mainstream Holiday.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Only at or after sunset when they break their fast, and dinner isn't always festive....

That is one of the reasons why Summertime Ramadan can be such a bummer.

It's been a while since I got to watch that documentary tho....but from what I gathered, the food bill goes up during the month exponentially so.
I can't really fathom: The women of the family spend much of the day preparing the food for the evening's meal...

And then again, in our enlightened western world...we do tend to minimalize certain occasions and rituals.

:)

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for caring about people Ballen0351, I'm sure that your years of service to your community as a police officer, risking your life in the service of strangers every day on the job really didn't capture that whole "caring for others," thing. After all, everyone knows that people become police officers just so they can push people around, violate individual rights, and be an all around jerk. It is nice to know you actually care about people too.

Way to puts words in my mouth. That says a lot about you.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave up reading Billi's posts and put him on ignore when he accused Brits and Europeans of killing off premature babies, that and the rabid attacks on anything he didn't like such as the Olympics. Of course when some one quotes him I can see he's still attacking those who really believe in freedom, free speech and the 'live and let live' philosophy that I've always associated with Americans and which the majority here still stand by, thank goodness.

Latest Discussions