OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, all! The test was a private test and wasn't photographed or filmed, but I hope to soon have pics of afterward with the panel and my cohorts - I don't have them yet, though, nor anyone's permission to post them. I'll see what I can come up with.

OH DARNIT!!!

Jo Kyo Nim Brian!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm SO sorry!!!! You ROCK, dude!

Brian tested with us as well and kicked my butt on the mat. Thanks for your encouragement during the test. Can I get a moderator to add this portion to my 1,000th post where it belongs, please??

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hey there all...

Test went well and I passed with a better than average score (although the mistakes that I did make will be the joke of the upper tiers for time to come... :idunno: )

here are a few photos...
kiai.txt

rush.txt

empi.txt

shihonage.txt

fly.txt

Thanks for all the well wishing,....
Walt :asian:

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Georgia - nothing else to say, except congrats on a job well-done.

Also to you Kroh. Looks like you were working hard! KT

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats Georgia, you probably don't know if you passed, or do you. We always found out what we were "deficient in" and had to pass those requirements (except for forms) otherwise, a person gets the talk that the whole test has to be redone.

Also congrats Kroh! Looked like you worked hard. Thanks for posting the pics. TW

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
You're welcome...

Though you can't see it...I really was a bit nervous...

Had to keep my game face on.
Regards
Walt

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very cool pics Walt thanks for sharing them. I love the face on the uke in pic # 4!

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My uke was a fellow student and friend from the school. Although he has prior MA experience, he has just started to learn this particular program and has recently been promoted to the 2nd level ( yellow for some places ). He is a great guy and after a month of "pre training" he fell like a cat.

On a side note his girlfriend had a great time watching me throw him around for the last two months while we were getting ready. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the well wishing guys...
Much appreciated.

Now off to the hot tub...
Walt (ouch)

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
Congrats Georgia, you probably don't know if you passed, or do you. We always found out what we were "deficient in" and had to pass those requirements (except for forms) otherwise, a person gets the talk that the whole test has to be redone.
Thanks, TW! I did pass (Jo Kyo Nim). I found out what my limits were. I can't give details, but I think I can say that I reached a point a couple of times where I wondered if I was going to be able to last the test. I became so fatigued I don't remember parts of it and I got to a point where I just tried to get up just

one...

more...

time....

and keep on with the task at hand. I'd rate that test right up there very close to giving birth. Maybe even harder.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, Rob!

Silat Student

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Grats to both you new blackbelts out there. This would have come sooner but I was at a seminar and couldn't remember my password to log in.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Flatlander, Feisty Mouse, Kroh, MJ, Gary, CeiCei, JFarnsworth, Technopunk, Kenpo Tiger, TigerWoman, Rob Broad and Silat Student!

Hey, Kroh - you have that George Clooney thing going on there - except you're obviously WAY tougher! Kewl.

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the compliment. Now if only Clooney could have been bigger when I was younger and single...

Thanks George...

:asian: She-Sulsa RULES! :asian:

P.S., I should have some pictures to put up tomorrow if any one wants to see them...

Regards,
Walt

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Georgia, I was soooo thinking of you this weekend while I was away. I knew you could do it! I am so proud of you! YOU ROCK!!

Kroh, congrats to you too. What a wonderful mix of MAist we have here on MT that are willing to support each other through all of our triumphs and tribulations. :asian:

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
I'd rate that test right up there very close to giving birth. Maybe even harder.
OMG. If this is the case, I have reason to be apprehensive. Because I KNOW I would not survive giving birth. I barely survived witnessing my daughter's birth.

Latest Discussions