Should Ed Parker be less significant today ... since it's been almost 13 years now?

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
That's not True...... let me see.... there is Billings
Duffy
Abernathy
Castro
Lone Wolf
Skipper Mullins
Dennis Goucher
Gary Swan
Ray McCallum
Linda Denley
George Minshew
Mary Pickford
Sam Huston
Colin Duffy
Castillo
Alvarado
Roy Kurban
Alan Steen
man the list goes on with great Texans...

:rofl:

So let me get this right. I didn't make this list? You even went out side of Kenpo to find the "good ones". That's it, I'm changing my speed dial...lol!!!

jb;)

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
13 years ago...Ed Parker was a great man, a leader, a profound martial philosopher, an innovator, and the founder of a great system. But, he was human. There were people who left his fold and/or didn't love or agree with him so much.

Today...his reputation and the reverence people show for him has grown larger than life.

Respect is proper.

Respect is due. Reverence is dangerous when it leads to deification, a philosophy of unquestioning acceptance, and the establishment of a cult.

R

RCastillo

That's not True...... let me see.... there is Billings
Duffy
Abernathy
Castro
Lone Wolf
Skipper Mullins
Dennis Goucher
Gary Swan
Ray McCallum
Linda Denley
George Minshew
Mary Pickford
Sam Huston
Colin Duffy
Castillo
Alvarado
Roy Kurban
Alan Steen
man the list goes on with great Texans...

:rofl:

Why is my name so small?:confused:

R

RCastillo

QUOTE]Orig. posted by CoolKempoDude
Let me know when he takes you to lunch AMEN??:D

I'M GONNA EAT HIS LUNCH IN A MINUTE!!!!!
:apv:
:)
[/QUOTE]

"You should not have come back." Darth Vader:jediduel:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by jbkenpo
So let me get this right. I didn't make this list? You even went out side of Kenpo to find the "good ones". That's it, I'm changing my speed dial...lol!!!

jb;)

Your check bounced, that's why.:rolleyes:

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
After reading some posts, it seems some feel that many of us keep Ed Parker alive TOO MUCH? What's your thoughts......
;)
When nostalgia for the system's creator is more important or given more emphasis than his approach to that art... it's an impediment.

"If you seek to honor one of the great men of old, do not work to walk in their footsteps; rather... seek what they saught."

Your Brother
John

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Mr. C,
I consider myself fortunate to have met and spoken with Mr. Parker on many occassions whenever he came to the New England area. I don't really spout too much or even boast about Mr. Parker. Sometimes though when I am explaining something and I mention "one time when I was doing this technique, Mr. Parker..." it always seems to get get my students attention and it takes me down "memory lane". It also helps to drive the point home about what I am instructing. I feel a true measure of a man is how he is thought of once he is dead". I think since his passing, Mr. Parker is more revered than when he was alive.:asian:

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by kenpo3631
I feel a true measure of a man is how he is thought of once he is dead". I think since his passing, Mr. Parker is more revered than when he was alive.:asian:

I think the same will happen to Tom Kelly, LaBounty, Huk, and many others as well once they are not with us any longer.

:asian:

J

jeffkyle

I think the same will happen to Tom Kelly, LaBounty, Huk, and many others as well once they are not with us any longer.

:asian:

There are lots that will be missed when they are gone! ;) :)

Latest Discussions