Should Ed Parker be less significant today ... since it's been almost 13 years now?

C

CoolKempoDude

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
After reading some posts, it seems some feel that many of us keep Ed Parker alive TOO MUCH? What's your thoughts......

;)

I want to say this. Since "EPAK" forum was created, you are the MAIN author in this forum.

i guess this is how this forum is ALIVE

i don't know how you can keep up with all this. Keep it coming

i don't know what you mean "keep ed parker alive TOO MUCH". If you can elaborate a little bit more, i'll respond to this thread right away

JD_Nelson

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I think that the people who knew Mr. Ed Parker just wish they could have 1 more lesson from him. Through the stories from so many people they may still get one more lesson.

For myself, I like hearing about Mr. Ed Parker. I never got to meet him. I do learn from the different stories.

Salute,

JD

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Orig. posted by CoolKempoDude
I don't know what you mean "keep ed parker alive TOO MUCH". If you can elaborate a little bit more, i'll respond to this thread right away

Well, I get the feeling (and it is only my perception), that many think that we pay too much homage to Ed Parker ....... such as threads.. "2nd Only to God".....

Ed Parkers name comes up hundreds of times a day for one reason or another... some feel I think, that he should be put to rest and we should start talking more about the current Leaders in Kenpo.

:asian:

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolKempoDude
I want to say this. Since "EPAK" forum was created, you are the MAIN author in this forum.

I don't know how you can keep up with all this.

Hmmmmmmm now you have me worried...... Should I not post so much..... I know you said "keep it coming" but I don't particularly like the term "Conatser Net" either.......

Let me know.......

:(

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It is my opinion that Mr. Parker should definitely be talked about and "kept alive" forever. How could we take out such a big part of the Kenpo history as though he wasn't important and/or that today's top folks are more important?

Nope- not gonna do it here........I will talk about Mr. Parker for life!! :)

:asian: :karate:

C

CoolKempoDude

Hmmmmmmm now you have me worried...... Should I not post so much..... I know you said "keep it coming" but I don't particularly like the term "Conatser Net" either.......

Let me know.......

:(

you are a good man, Conatser. I have to say this WITHOUT pointing finger at anybody. Here is why i said you are a good man

When we participated in the POLL, everybody in AK group says YES. There is AK forum

when i look in this forum "AK", you are the ONLY one who CREATES topics for other to PARTICIPATE.

i see other create topics TOO BUT you are the MAIN author of many threads here.

I can see you try all your bes to keep this "EPAK " forum alive. Without new topics, nobody participates.

and it means the "AK" forum is GONE. Got what i mean???

moreover, i have seen you stay ONLINE almost all days. Sometimes, i just wonder this is perhaps your new JOB ( without disrespect)

C

CoolKempoDude

Well, I get the feeling (and it is only my perception), that many think that we pay too much homage to Ed Parker ....... such as threads.. "2nd Only to God".....

Ed Parkers name comes up hundreds of times a day for one reason or another... some feel I think, that he should be put to rest and we should start talking more about the current Leaders in Kenpo.

Here is my take on this HOT issue

the bottom line is

Ed Parker Sr is death and He left us a legacy to carry on. It is OUR job and DUTY to carry this legacy and IMPROVE AK.

1-you will NOT be successful in doing THAT IF all you do is to tell EVERYBODY how GREAT Ed parker sr is and ED PARKER SR is this and THAT all day long

2-some people in AK community mention about the hole or unaddress issues in AK. Talk is CHEAP, folk...............DO something about it............try to improve............if there is any HOLE

3-it is also NOT good if all you discuss is this person should NOT have 10 degree BB and that person should have this OR that.

4-ignorant is not the way to improve thing

From what i see , many *ed parker's students* go their OWN way and DO their OWN thing after ed parker is DEATH.

whether it is a good thing or not IS another HOT topic to debate.

hopefully, AK will be there for a long time.

good luck to you all

Edit: Ed Parker Sr and his Art is greatest but it will NOT be that great if you do nothing to keep *greatest* going

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have seen you stay ONLINE almost all days. Sometimes, i just wonder this is perhaps your new JOB ( without disrespect)

Thank you for your kind words, but I am only one of many......... more we's and us's are needed we all know who the "I's" are.....LOL

:rofl:No Disrespect taken,.... Hmmmmmmmm gives me an idea..... If you would contact Bob and ask him to put me on the payroll..... I'd appreciate that.... nothing big...... 25K a year would do ok for now....

P.S. I'm holding my breath....:rofl:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm gives me an idea..... If you would contact Bob and ask him to put me on the payroll..... I'd appreciate that....

Me too!

nothing big...... 25K a year would do ok for now....

I'd settle for a six-pack!

On topic, and speaking of course as an outsider, Ed Parker's name certainly comes up very often when one hears Kenpoka speaking, but I don't know if it's more often than, say, when Modern Arnis practitioners speak and Remy Presas' name comes up. Is it too much? Well, that one would ask the question at all seems significant to me!

C

CoolKempoDude

1-more we's and us's are needed we all know who the "I's" are.....LOL

2-No Disrespect taken,.... Hmmmmmmmm gives me an idea..... If you would contact Bob and ask him to put me on the payroll..... I'd appreciate that.... nothing big...... 25K a year would do ok for now....

1- i'm telling everybody the TRUTH. You are right. We need more people to *create* topics in this forum.

2-Do you consider do the *Poll* in this forum?

i can suggest the title of this poll and that is "should Goldendragon7 receive 25k/year from BOB?" YES or NO

:D :D ;)

the time of being this poll is your choice . You can STOP when you have more YES:D ;) :p

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
Ed Parker's name certainly comes up often during Kenpo conversations the same as when Modern Arnis practitioners speak and Remy Presas' name comes up.

Is it too much? Well, that one would ask the question at all seems significant to me!

I agree!!!!!!

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
1- i'm telling everybody the TRUTH. You are right. We need more people to *create* topics in this forum.

2-Do you consider do the *Poll* in this forum?

i can suggest the title of this poll and that is "should Goldendragon7 receive 25k/year from BOB?" YES or NO

:D :D ;)

the time of being this poll is your choice . You can STOP when you have more YES:D ;) :p

Man,,, talk about a pot stirrer.....LOL..... Im not gonna touch that one with your hands......LOL:rofl:

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is my take on this HOT issue... the bottom line is:

Ed Parker Sr is dead and He left us a legacy to carry on. It is OUR job and DUTY to carry this legacy and IMPROVE AK.

Ok, I agree with you, but who do you consider "OUR"? I know that with my group I do teach Kenpo the same as when I did if Ed Paker were alive today. He liked what I taught way back when, I'm sure he would approve today. I think this holds true also for many others as well. They in turn are dioing exactly what you say ... "Carry on His Legacy and Improve it as they see fit". The only difference is there is not an Ed Parker to go to demonstrate what we are doing any longer.

1-You will NOT be successful if all you do is to tell EVERYBODY how GREAT Ed Parker Sr. is and ED PARKER Sr. is this and THAT all day long

Agreed, there is a time and place and a limit to how much one says.

2-some people in AK community mention about the holes or un-addressed issues in AK. Talk is CHEAP, folk...............DO something about it............try to improve............if there is any HOLE.

Once again, I agree, but I think several are addressing this with cross training or seekiing out Deeper Kenpo instruction for certain areas that could use some updating.

3-it is also NOT good if all you discuss is this person should NOT have 10 degree BB and that person should have this OR that.

Agreed, again but sometimes we have to respond to these issues that are brought up and students ask questions.

4-ignorance is not the way to improve thing

Right! so sometimes it is better NOT to respond to some posts and comments. "Who is more foolish the fool or the fool arguing with the fool"?

From what i see , many *ed parker's students* go their OWN way and DO their OWN thing after ed parker is DEATH. Whether this is a good thing or not IS another HOT topic to debate.

Yes, there are many agendas out there! It does make it confusing for many.

Edit: Ed Parker Sr. and his Art is greatest, but it will NOT be that great if you do nothing to keep *greatest* going!

I for one am doing just that, and I'm sure several others are of the same thoughts.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it is our duty, responsibility and privilege to try and share a part of what Mr. Parker shared with us. It is what we tried to do while he was alive, and no less should be done after his passing. He IS KENPO to many EPAK practitioners. But there is a whole generation, maybe two, out there who just hear about, or read about him. One of my favorite things about him, other than the obvious, was his sense of humor ... hmmmm, does that remind me of GD7, YES! His snap, his sharp analytical mind, etc., everything that made him who he was, should be passed on if possible. The genius was not in just being a Magician of Motion, but in knowing how to share and fan the flames of enthusiasm with an incredible number of students, even those who had left over the years, some came back, lots did not, but look what he created in them, and how it continues to spread - FROM THE SOURCE! Yes it is evolved, devolved, convolved, and revolved, but it is still from him.

I try to share a piece of his passion with my students, pretty much every class there is mention of an analogy or technique he "touched" me or a fellow Kenpoist with. We salute his picture when we end the class, as we did when he was alive ... NO, NOT NEXT TO GOD for me (boy would he have gotten pissed about that), but still a part of me, the source of the piece of me that is Kenpo.

Respectfully,
-Michael

C

CoolKempoDude

Man,,, talk about a pot stirrer.....LOL..... Im not gonna touch that one with your hands......LOL:rofl:

we have *poll* for everything. We properly have your salery *poll* here.

If you don't want to set up *that poll* here, I will leave this *job* for you since you have done for years:D:D

who knows? If everybody participates and says YES, you end up with 25 k/year.

All i ask is a FREE lunch AND dinner of my choice from YOU:D :D ;)

Seriously, Do I hear AMEND from you this time ????:D ;) :p :D :D

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
we have *poll* for everything. We properly have your salery *poll* here.

who knows? If everybody participates and says YES, you end up with 25 k/year.

All i ask is a FREE lunch AND dinner of my choice from YOU:D :D ;)

Seriously, Do I hear AMEN from you this time ????:D ;) :p :D :D

Ah haaahaahahahaaahaa roflmao..... oh man.. stop, you're killing me..... I have to run to the bathroom... before I pee on my CPU.....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

R

RCastillo

After reading some posts, it seems some feel that many of us keep Ed Parker alive TOO MUCH? What's your thoughts......

;)

It must continue to stay alive. Much out there we still don't know. There are some idiots walking around that have never even heard of him, so the education must continue.

W/O SGM Parker, there would be no Kenpo as we know it today!:asian:

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
W/O SGM Parker, there would be no Kenpo as we know it today!:asian:

You got that right!!

Oh man, I just got a flash...... If there were no Ed Parker.... I might have ended up studying under Mr. Castillo the TkD Interplanetary Champion! Wow...... the possibilities.....

:D

Latest Discussions