In motion, there is often motion that is overlooked.........

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
hmmmmmm, how about......

In techniques, there are techniques overlooked?

Example, Spiraling Twig.. the part after the twirl where you have the hand cranked, and are bending the opponent down just before the kick and upward back knuckle.......

What if, we take this move and apply it for a front direct shoulder push, as opposed to a rear bearhug! Grab the hand and twist it only it is now on a Vertical Plane as opposed to a horizontal one? Sam Ting?

Thoughts?
:asian:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It looks like the standard Kotogeish I learned many years ago. It works for a lapel grab, a straight punch however you have to trap the hand differently. How about the same move in Reversing Circles? Or maybe the ext. to Crossing Talon?;)

R

Rainman

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
hmmmmmm, how about......

In techniques, there are techniques overlooked?

Example, Spiraling Twig.. the part after the twirl where you have the hand cranked, and are bending the opponent down just before the kick and upward back knuckle.......

What if, we take this move and apply it for a front direct shoulder push, as opposed to a rear bearhug! Grab the hand and twist it only it is now on a Vertical Plane as opposed to a horizontal one? Sam Ting?

Thoughts?

Which plane would be the vertical place?:partyon:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well physicaly there is only pushing, pulling, hammering and there equal equal and opposite reverses. (htw if you will) but I suppose you could add (the mental aspect of), constipated motion, hindered motion or the physical out of muscle grouping sequence motion (which causes you actual injury). I think you are refering to the myriad of these combinations that can occur and that just happen to be taught as tactics in the techniques. Also, I suppose we could include esoteric concepts such as the Iron palm and Dimak of which I know next to nothing about.

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Orig posted by Touch'O'Death
I think you are refering to the myriad .......

NOoooooo, I remember Mr. Parker telling me (when I asked the same question) that there was - MOTION, Pro-MOTION, E-MOTION & Com-MOTION! :rofl: I was in comic mode.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
NOoooooo, I remember Mr. Parker telling me (when I asked the same question) that there was - MOTION, Pro-MOTION, E-MOTION & Com-MOTION! :rofl: I was in comic mode.

Damn,
I thought you were talking to normal, opposite and reverse....back to studying.....

R

Rainman

Oh Oh Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... in that case #3
:D

Uh oh, someones been talking to MR. Durgan! What direction?

R

Rainman

Not lately, he stays in his cave waaaaaaaayyyyy too much...LOL

:D

True dhat! Except I think it is his workshop! Which direction?

Latest Discussions