Shawn Obasi.

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Seen the videos, no need to act like he did. Havn't noticed much wing chun in the cage but good luck to him.

Wonky Wonhyo

White Belt
Reaction score
A vocal minority of MMA'ers are always questioning the lack of TCMA'ers in competition so it is nice to see somebody giving it a shot.

I don't think the video's of him on his hands and knees praying to fight have done him any favours though but best of luck to him. Anybody who is prepared to get into the ring has bigger cajones than me

WingChunIan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
the clip of his audition didn't look good but then it does also show another side of why there are no alternatives to the MT BJJ wrestling fraternity in MMA. It's big business and they hold all the cards. Fair play to him for getting in the ring / cage but even allowing for the effects of pressure there isn't really ever much wing chun on show.

WCman1976

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am in agreement with what people have said here. That audition for M1 was terrible. Then again I don't know why they asked a wing chun man to do muay thai moves. There was another video I saw of him in the ring, and he looked like your standard kickboxer. I wish him luck with his career, but he needs to stop saying he is a wing chun man when he looks nothing like one inside the ring.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Edit...wrong thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest Discussions