Share your greatest song or lyric???

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Great, early ska band from Oregon called the Crazy 8's. Never quite broke through, but were fairly famous in the PNW. Couple of my favorites by them:

Johnny Q

Law and Order

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A classic Seattle area song from my youth.

What an awesome title for a song! a headnodder too.. when was your youth? what does that remind you of can I ask?

this would be mine

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Heard this today on the radio on the way to work, I have not heard this in years...... Always liked Yes

Yes - Tempus Fugit
That is like zappy prog awesomeness.. like that one! 91025 is the one I heard..

hey you know these?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That is like zappy prog awesomeness.. like that one! 91025 is the one I heard..

hey you know these?

I cannot see the video in my country

Found this version for us American types :D

I have never heard of them, thanks, I like it...and ironically I think that pretty much sums up my first marriage :D

Last edited:
OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I cannot see the video in my country

Found this version for us American types :D

I have never heard of them, thanks, I like it...and ironically I think that pretty much sums up my first marriage :D
oh dear.. wait.. you? or your spouse? :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
oh dear.. wait.. you? or your spouse? :)

ex-spouse, not the current spouse.

ex-spouse was even prescribed mood changing medication during the last few months of the marriage.

Also found a book after she left where she wrote all her problems and "dark" thoughts were my fault

Last edited:

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I miss when Marky Mark Kozelek used to make good music, instead of getting into stupid word wars with other bands.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ex-spouse, not the current spouse.

ex-spouse was even prescribed mood changing medication during the last few months of the marriage.

Also found a book after she left where she wrote all her problems and "dark" thoughts were my fault
Eeek.. that sound like a difficult situation.. for both you and also her maybes.. and poor you wow the Peddler of Dark Thoughts oooohh.. Nuh I think you are too Pooh Tao and Piglet Te for all of that! xo

after these years I still watch this vid.. love this.. is all right there..

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I miss when Marky Mark Kozelek used to make good music, instead of getting into stupid word wars with other bands.

I listen to that one through.. there are some beautiful sounds in there.. I want to send him to be happy though.. it sound like he is melancholy the whole way.. they make just a lovely sound tho Last Tide I hear Neil Young and even David Byrne too yes? and maybe some of the sounds John Denver even.. is very good indeed I like that! thank you for sharing that

you know this?? I think she is just the most wonderful amazing singer #swoon..

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I listen to that one through.. there are some beautiful sounds in there.. I want to send him to be happy though.. it sound like he is melancholy the whole way.. they make just a lovely sound tho Last Tide I hear Neil Young and even David Byrne too yes? and maybe some of the sounds John Denver even.. is very good indeed I like that! thank you for sharing that

you know this?? I think she is just the most wonderful amazing singer #swoon..

Mark Kozelek, happy? Ha! And yes, there is definitely a Neil Young influence. "Salvador Sanchez" sounds like a Crazy Horse riff.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Eeek.. that sound like a difficult situation.. for both you and also her maybes.. and poor you wow the Peddler of Dark Thoughts oooohh.. Nuh I think you are too Pooh Tao and Piglet Te for all of that! xo

after these years I still watch this vid.. love this.. is all right there..

I like that, says the peddler of dark thoughts. :D

And now all this talk of my sorted past has me thinking about his song...from my sorted past

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like that, says the peddler of dark thoughts. :D

And now all this talk of my sorted past has me thinking about his song...from my sorted past

Goodness that bad huh.. as bad as a Megadeth song..

Maybe this might sound like a thing.. every body like a little bit of self affirmation rnr.. plus doublenecked Gibson.. what is not to like right? :p

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Goodness that bad huh.. as bad as a Megadeth song..

Maybe this might sound like a thing.. every body like a little bit of self affirmation rnr.. plus doublenecked Gibson.. what is not to like right? :p

I like it.

Nah, not that bad these days, and I was much more into heavy Metal then too. Besides, I like Dave" Mustaine and Megadeth, it is one of those bands that shouldn't make me smile, but they do from time to time.... That, and Dave is a Taekwondo and Ukidokan Karate guy ;)

But today I find this song 'might' be rather applicable today as it applies to all web forums...its a thought

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like it.

Nah, not that bad these days, and I was much more into heavy Metal then too. Besides, I like Dave" Mustaine and Megadeth, it is one of those bands that shouldn't make me smile, but they do from time to time.... That, and Dave is a Taekwondo and Ukidokan Karate guy ;)

But today I find this song 'might' be rather applicable today as it applies to all web forums...its a thought

Yes what is wrong with the place.. well I do not know exactly.. in matters like these I generally defer to this guy for sure #cannotgowrong :D

Latest Discussions