Share your greatest song or lyric???

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Some songs get me pumped, others just make me happy. This makes me happy.

I love that version of that song! every time I hear that it remind me of this.. yes I am a total dope for liking these and but maybe you can share with your good lady :) xo

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is not the song I mentioned in the previous post. I wonder if anyone can guess who wrote these lyrics?

She reaches toward me now
with hands made of glass,
and the sunlight
(fractured by her translucent skin)
is rearranged as a rainbow on the wall.
Nope, that is not even vaguely familiar.. who wrote that you? you are shameless in plugging your own songs haha.. j/k sounds like a meaningful lyric, so not Ed Sheeran? haha.. need answers! stat! :D xo

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope, that is not even vaguely familiar.. who wrote that you? you are shameless in plugging your own songs haha.. j/k sounds like a meaningful lyric, so not Ed Sheeran? haha.. need answers! stat! :D xo

Haha, you got me. It is mine. I was too lazy to find lyrics from someone else to post when I submitted that one.

Shameless? Maybe, but hey...at least I'm not saying, "If you want to hear the whole thing, buy it on iTunes for $0.99."

If anyone wanted to hear or read the whole thing, I would post it for free.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Many moons ago, before sound in video games became an important part of gameplay, I used to put the TV on mute and listen to albums. (Of course, at that point they were on cassette tape, not actual vinyl.) It was at this point in my life that I listened to the catalog of this band obsessively.

Haha you really did post all of that up.. well good for you!! :D One of my favouritest bands ever!! This here used to crack me up.. like he is totally pissed haha.. he not have much good to say about Morrissey.. dunno if you can even understand his scouse accent lol.. he is awesome

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Haha you really did post all of that up.. well good for you!! :D One of my favouritest bands ever!! This here used to crack me up.. like he is totally pissed haha.. he not have much good to say about Morrissey.. dunno if you can even understand his scouse accent lol.. he is awesome

Really? That's odd. I think he is friends with Johnny Marr. After all, they shared a joke over how the version of the band that featured Noel Burke on vocals was "Echo and the BOGUS-men."

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Heard this on the radio while driving home yesterday, it had been awhile since I heard it, forgot how much I liked Lynyrd Skynyrd in my misspent youth :)

Aha maybe when you are older you will think back on your misspent adulthood and think of great songs there were in 2007 haha..

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Really? That's odd. I think he is friends with Johnny Marr. After all, they shared a joke over how the version of the band that featured Noel Burke on vocals was "Echo and the BOGUS-men."
Last I heard of Johnny Marr he went to Portland or something? I'd like to visit Portland.. have you been there? and did you get Johnny Marr to autograph your chest.. oh no hang on, that was a dream.. oopsie..

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last I heard of Johnny Marr he went to Portland or something? I'd like to visit Portland.. have you been there? and did you get Johnny Marr to autograph your chest.. oh no hang on, that was a dream.. oopsie..

OH my...is that something you should be sharing here? I thought this was a family friendly site!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If you haven't seen Portlandia, you really owe it to yourself to check it out.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Aha maybe when you are older you will think back on your misspent adulthood and think of great songs there were in 2007 haha..

Oh lord I hope not..... much of my misspent youth is in an alcohol induced fog.

2007 was the year Rush Snakes & Arrows came out. It was also the year I told my best friend from my high school days, who had been to many a Rush concert with me, that I thought it was Rushes worst album, he thought it was one of their best. 2007 is also the year that I gave the album another chance and listened to it a couple more times and had to concede that I was wrong...and he was right :D

it is also the year Kim Mitchell came out with a new album and a great cover of "I got a line on you"

Last edited:
OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OH my...is that something you should be sharing here? I thought this was a family friendly site!
Ah no his pen jam up because there are too many scars there :D Hey it would be my bet you might even have an ear for these folks cos all their influences are plain to hear and but I like them a lot.. what you think??

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh lord I hope not..... much of my misspent youth is in an alcohol induced fog.

2007 was the year Rush Snakes & Arrows came out. It was also the year I told my best friend from my high school days, who had been to many a Rush concert with me, that I thought it was Rushes worst album, he thought it was one of their best. 2007 is also the year that I gave the album another chance and listened to it a couple more times and had to concede that I was wrong...and he was right :D

it is also the year Kim Mitchell came out with a new album and a great cover of "I got a line on you"

Alcohol induced fog,, wow.. hmm.. could that explain why you develop a liking for Rush? ah.. I am just kiddin around witcha.. I am trying to picture you.. do you have long hair? DID you have long hair? You have a leather jacket tho right? it has anything on the back of it like writing? DID you have one like that when you were a misspent youth?

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you haven't seen Portlandia, you really owe it to yourself to check it out.
haha omg I watched some online, that is making me want to visit there even more.. must be based on some kind of quirky reality, I would have to go science it for my self :D Is Portland near to where you are? I would like to visit Seattle because it seem like it have a good vibe.. anyways.. awesome recommendation.. you have earned one of my famous pastries.. well is famous all over this apartment.. gluten free! lactofree.. every thing free! taste free! :D

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Foot on the petal; breathe in the air; sand gets in my hair. Oh, don't look back; don't look behind you. You're reckless driving on, a dirty back road...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Alcohol induced fog,, wow.. hmm.. could that explain why you develop a liking for Rush? ah.. I am just kiddin around witcha.. I am trying to picture you.. do you have long hair? DID you have long hair? You have a leather jacket tho right? it has anything on the back of it like writing? DID you have one like that when you were a misspent youth?

It was the late 70s early 80s and yes I had long hair, a beard and a moustache, and it was all blonde.... unlike the mostly white it is today..... Leather jacket....is there another type of jacket :D Yes I had 2 actually, also associated wallet with chain and always always always had the Buck Knife folding hunter on my belt. From time to time I would hang out in a bar that had a sign on the front door "No Knives, No Guns, No Colors". Should have been in college, but I was hanging out in Biker bars..... I'll have to tell you about the night I was in a biker bar (full of Hells Angels Prospects) on Revere beach in Revere Mass sometime..... that should have been a turning point, but I was not bright enough to catch on at that age.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Foot on the petal; breathe in the air; sand gets in my hair. Oh, don't look back; don't look behind you. You're reckless driving on, a dirty back road...
Ooh I like that.. can we go on a roadtrip? when can we? and can we cruise in the warm breeze at night and play this? say yes :D

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It was the late 70s early 80s and yes I had long hair, a beard and a moustache, and it was all blonde.... unlike the mostly white it is today..... Leather jacket....is there another type of jacket :D Yes I had 2 actually, also associated wallet with chain and always always always had the Buck Knife folding hunter on my belt. From time to time I would hang out in a bar that had a sign on the front door "No Knives, No Guns, No Colors". Should have been in college, but I was hanging out in Biker bars..... I'll have to tell you about the night I was in a biker bar (full of Hells Angels Prospects) on Revere beach in Revere Mass sometime..... that should have been a turning point, but I was not bright enough to catch on at that age.
You are a blondie? My little brain did not let me picture you like that.. Now I am thinking Easy Rider haha, there was a blondish guy in that right? Maybe you were more Lemmy out of Motorhead gd rest his bones :D You are a wild child when you are younger.. what happen to him, is he still rattling around in you and can I meet him any more?

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah no his pen jam up because there are too many scars there :D Hey it would be my bet you might even have an ear for these folks cos all their influences are plain to hear and but I like them a lot.. what you think??

Scar tissue from what? Every answer leaves me with more questions!

At any rate, I like those two songs. The first one reminded me of the Bunnymen and Bauhaus. Not sure who the second one reminded me of.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You are a blondie? My little brain did not let me picture you like that.. Now I am thinking Easy Rider haha, there was a blondish guy in that right? Maybe you were more Lemmy out of Motorhead gd rest his bones :D You are a wild child when you are younger.. what happen to him, is he still rattling around in you and can I meet him any more?

Before I go further....I liked Motörhead, first album I ever got of theirs was Iron Fist.

I was a blonde...now it is going white...and that guy is still rattling around in there, it is just he got a little smarter and , at 30 years of age, much to his surprise that he actually made it that far...decided to turned things around, since it was likely he was going to be around for awhile, coincidently this is also the same time I got into Chinese martial arts and no longer did Jujutsu or TKD. And now that I'm a dad so things are rather different these days. But I am still thinking about getting another motorcycle that I can restore. But the big difference between the young me and the current older me is I am now looking to get an old BMW, not a Harley..... for reasons that I will not divulge here in an open forum..... they would be from the attitude of the old Xue and possibly not received to well by some who ride Harleys today

And now, I heard this today on the radio and I rather liked it

Queens of the Stone Age - The Way You Used to Do

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Scar tissue from what? Every answer leaves me with more questions!

At any rate, I like those two songs. The first one reminded me of the Bunnymen and Bauhaus. Not sure who the second one reminded me of.
yes my heart is a failure so now I run off of a battery I could not let Johnny Marr near that with his magnetic persona might cause me a circuitry freak out haha.. ooh I like that you like Eagulls a little.. wow Bauhaus I had not heard them in ages and ages.. Dark Entries dark entries.. ooooooh... who else do you rate and stuff?? like what is big on your playlists right now?? xo

you like Bauhaus.. you like these from I think 1980s too maybe? I love this sound.. what kind of sound is this? they said it was goth I do not think it is goth like Fields of Nephilim and Sisters of Mercy.. is nice though right? sound like lying in bed winding thread round your fingers

Latest Discussions