Shameless Plug for John Sepulveda seminar in Austin

SHADOW

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Mr.Billings,Kirk,and Min

Thanks for compliments although I wish I knew she was taking pictures I would of fixed my Gi,Damn I look like I have a Kenpo Beer Belly!I had a hell of a good time!!!LOL
:D

M

MinnieMin

I guess you are Craig. Hey, I am glad that you are okay with your picture here. Don't worry about your Gi, you look good; otherwise I won't take that shot. :)

Min

C

Chupi

Doug & Mr. Billings,

Doug thank you for the compliment that is very nice of you to say. I was there all day actually and at dinner.

Mr. Billings thanks for relaying that to Mr. Sepulveda, that would be great if has a seminar up in this area. I am sure he would have a huge turn out.

Also I dunno I do not think Steve is looking bad in that picture, just have to wonder what he is sticking his tongue out at?

molson

Orange Belt
Reaction score
With every post I read I keep kicking myself for missing that seminar...!!!

M

MinnieMin

Originally posted by molson
With every post I read I keep kicking myself for missing that seminar...!!!
Molson, I hate to do this, but I feel I have to. Yes, you should kick your self for missing this great seminar, and if you are a brown or black belt, kick hardER. :D

Sorry, can't help. LOL I am so mean :rofl:

Min

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chupi
I was there all day actually and at dinner.
OK, I saw you at dinner. You were sitting at the corner between Cheri and Steve I think. Mr. Sepulveda moved down next to you at the end.

I don't think we were introduced, but maybe I'll see you again. I will try to go if Mr. Sepulveda comes to Dallas. But not this year. I am booked! I have been to 4 seminars already and have 3 more on my plate before camp in October, but that is another thread.

I may get my notes done on Sunday perhaps, but I'll try to put them up. If anyone else took some, feel free to send them to me and I'll compile them. I'm going to need help anyway as I was really so busy keeping up and doing the techniques that I don't remember what all else was going on and I didn't write anything down after class either.

I did ask Mr. Sepulveda if he had a "theme" or something but I didn't get a good answer at dinner, conversations kept bouncing around. So the moral of this story is I will be "compiling" notes because I'm going to send mine around to a few people first before I put them online.

Feel free to send me some in advance. Thanks everyone. That was a truly great event.

OP
Michael Billings

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doug,

He, Tommy and I talked about what he was doing at seminars last year, and the idea of basics and sophisticated basics. He was hitting lots of his schools hard with sophisticated basics through working techniques. Now it is time to kick it up a notch and explore additional Principles, Concepts, and Theories through more advanced techniques using additional priciples. That is why we were hitting all Black Belt extensions. So if there was a theme, this was it.

Oss!

OP
Michael Billings

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doug, I PM'ed you these, plus some, but for everyone who attended but cannot remember, in no particular order, except as I remember:

1. Gripping Talon
2. Squatting Sacrifice (he skipped Dance of Death here, taught it in earlier classes and just referenced it for us as the same ankle attack and throw, but from another position. (also the what-if when Crashing Wings and Spiraling Twig don't work.
3. Grip of Death (& related to Glancing Spear
4. Escape for Death | - Related to Grip
5. Five Swords referenced
6. Raining Claw referenced & extension
7. Destructive Twins related to Snaking Talon (add stomp to lead leg in Snaking)
8. Detour from Doom
9. Brushing the Storm
10. Kneel of Compulsion
11. Circling Destruction
12. Circles of Protection (Great one!!)
13. Capturing the Storm
14. Heavenly Ascent
15. Glancing Wing

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I got it.
My notes will not likely add much except some thoughts regarding what I "got" from all this.
:asian:

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by SHADOW
Mr.Billings,Kirk,and Min

Thanks for compliments although I wish I knew she was taking pictures I would of fixed my Gi,Damn I look like I have a Kenpo Beer Belly!I had a hell of a good time!!!LOL
:D

Bro send me that phone number so I can give you a call...

jb:asian:

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbkenpo
Bro send me that phone number so I can give you a call...

Shadow,

Got the email, I'll talk to ya on Thursday.

Latest Discussions