Self Defense question for men

Azzy

White Belt
Reaction score
I am more worried about a verbal beating than a physical one.
No amount of MA can defend against well timed gossip LOL:jedi1:
I live in fear of angry woman........

Giorgio

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't really think it's an unfair question. As hardcore a feminist as anyone can be, one has to accept that in today's society cultural mores mean that women are, on average, far weaker and far less likely to be trained in any sort of martial art. They are also less likely to be aggressive or to pick a fight. You may say 'NO women are the SAME as men', but you'd be stupid to say so, especially with regards to this. On a theoretical level, women CAN be the same, I think, but in reality, they're just not.

In any case, if you're in a situation where a woman(or anyone) is attacking you, with intent to seriously hurt you (not slapping you because you've offended her), then you have every right to defend yourself and incapacitate her as expediently as possible. Of course, explaining in court that a girl attacked you, so you broke her arm and kicked her unconscious might not win over the jury, but that's sexism for you.

Garth Barnard

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Giorgio said:
I don't really think it's an unfair question. As hardcore a feminist as anyone can be, one has to accept that in today's society cultural mores mean that women are, on average, far weaker and far less likely to be trained in any sort of martial art. They are also less likely to be aggressive or to pick a fight. You may say 'NO women are the SAME as men', but you'd be stupid to say so, especially with regards to this. On a theoretical level, women CAN be the same, I think, but in reality, they're just not.

In any case, if you're in a situation where a woman(or anyone) is attacking you, with intent to seriously hurt you (not slapping you because you've offended her), then you have every right to defend yourself and incapacitate her as expediently as possible. Of course, explaining in court that a girl attacked you, so you broke her arm and kicked her unconscious might not win over the jury, but that's sexism for you.
Good post.

Like-for-like, a male will always be 2 1/2 times stronger than a female, so it's not unlikely that a jury will see the male as having the upper-hand if there were no witnesses to the physical confrontation or evidence to suggest that she behaved in an aggressive manner.

The worst scenario that I've been involved with (working as a Door Supervisor), was with a woman that smashed a pint glass and tried to ram it in my face. Thankfully I managed to avoid her wild swing and reactively struck the side of her jaw with a hard jab, which knocked her unconscious. (I would never use a jab normally, but my other hand/arm was restraining someone else)
I had plenty of witnesses, so the police were happy to see her taken away, still unconscious, in an amubulance.

Like always; do what you've gotta do.

Take care,

Garth.

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
What about pulling their hair if they pull yours? Or dipping their ponytail in the ink well, or bubblegum in their hair? Isn't that fair?LOL. Don't get a woman P.O.'d, some look to Loriana Bobbit as a heroine(SP?) All kidding aside, it depends on the level of intensity & threat. I was in Jr. High and much like another poster here, a girl heard hearsay that I started a rumor about her. I was walking down the hall between classes unaware that she was sure I said s*** about her and as she walked by, wham, right in the bellybutton/gut. I barked my air out and looked at her as she sped up around the corner, WTF!? I took it in stride and got over it. She seemed to realise the truth by the end of the day, rumor got around that she hit me for no reason, ya know he said/she said like ya know! LOL. She never apologised, but her friends all gave me all the attention I needed. You poor thing, she shouldn't of done that. LOL. If it is not a seroius attack to severly injure you, why not take a shot, S*** happens, step over it! LOL. PEACE

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I might feel a little shame in my actions later but then again I like to maintain a high ego so I might get over it real quick
Whatever is necessary without escalating the fight

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Grab them take their back and just hold them there. You can gererally just pick them up by the waist. On the job we just use two guys and grab their arms.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Without reading this whole thread, I would just suggest, you stick to defending yourself, and forget about punishing your attacker, or getting her back for anything. :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll do whatever seems necessary to protect myself while inflicting no more than necessary injury to the assailant.
Regardless of which bathroom they use.