Secret hyung in Korea? Tang soo do, soo bahk do

Discussion in 'Tang Soo Do' started by reeve87, Oct 28, 2019.

1. reeve87

reeve87 White Belt

Hi folks I was reading a post on a fb group and someone mentioned the chil sung & yok ro forms where shared with the USA and elsewhere and some hyung where kept exclusively for Korean practitioners only, I'm curious if this is true or myth?
    Also if it's true why not share?
    If it is true does anyone have footage they would be willing to share? Or have any insight into this. Thanks hope your all well.

2. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog MT Senior Moderator Staff Member

• LifeTime Supporting Member
    Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gweilo

Gweilo 3rd Black Belt

There be dragons, in dem der hills, comes to mind, it is possible, but I very much doubt its true, that's the difference between a forum and fb, on a forum you get to discuss your statements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. david chong

david chong White Belt

yes that is absolutely not true.

5. Master K

Master K Green Belt

I own the Soo Bahk Do Dae Gahm Volume 2 from Korea. And in that book is a set of hyungs called the Ship Dan Geom Hyungs. I had heard that the Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan group in Korea had learned the Ship Dan Geom Hyungs along with the Yuk Ro Hyungs and Hwa Sun Hyung. The rest of the Soo Bahk Do practitioners scattered around the world was to learn the Yuk Ro Hyungs, Chil Sung Hyungs and Hwa Sun Hyung. The rumor I heard was that when Soo Bahk Do practitioners would meet, they could exchange and discuss the Chil Sung Hyungs and Ship Dan Geom Hyungs. I am not sure that I totally subscribe to that theory, but I can tell you that the Ship Dan Geom Hyungs exist. And some of the Senior Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Masters are learning those Hyungs and starting to teach them in limited fashion in the US. I am not sure if they have started to spread to the UK as of yet.123