Second degree black belt examan

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
The schedule for my second degree black belt examn is july 27, and I'am a little worry. The examn is gona take place in Mexico City (I live in Veracruz in the gulf of Mexico) and examn plus tickets and hotel room and meals, etc,etc it's gona cost me around 900 dollars!!!! Wowwwww this is a lot of money for me. I have to fix the wife car, the birthday party of one of my daughters and bussines is not very well these days.

It's possible I can't save enough money for the examn and feel worry about that, maybe I will be ask the examination for next december, I hope my samboknim will understand this. However I will train these months like if I will do the examn.

Ohhhh boyyy!!! All is money... dirthy money.

Manny

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Manny maybe there is someone that lives in the city you are going to test in and will let you stay with them. It cannot hurt to ask. Wish you the best of luck.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Better to be properly prepared in mind and finances. They have a way of affecting each other.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Talk to your instructor as soon as possible about your financial concerns, and see if there are ways to cut your costs - perhaps there are people who are driving (I have no idea of the distances) or someone in Mexico City who would be willing to let you sleep on their floor for a couple of days. But if you don't talk to your instructor soon, it may be too late to make alternate arrangements, and you may have to put off your testing by default.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kacey's right.

Look any real instructor knows students have hard times and should be willing to bend a little and do what they can to help the students.

Talk to them ASAP and let them know your situation.

Deaf

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
taking care of your family issues come first - check with your fellow students or instructor and find out if there is a way to save money on a room.

onlyanegg is right "...Better to be properly prepared in mind and finances. They have a way of affecting each other.".

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
taking care of your family issues come first - check with your fellow students or instructor and find out if there is a way to save money on a room.

onlyanegg is right "...Better to be properly prepared in mind and finances. They have a way of affecting each other.".

I agree with Fireman00, family always comes first. Kacey had a great idea about talking to your instructor, too.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Right. Family is most important, more important that rank! The TKD blackbelt never wrongs their family.

I hope this all works out for the best. I will say that the summertime is the best time for the testing, though, when the muscles are nice and loose all of the time. Not like in the winter when it is harder to get warmed up!

Some care for rank more than others do. The way I see it is this, if the testing must be delayed, then the student tests all the better when they finally do test! And if it is in the wintertime, then so be it, it is the greater challenge, but that is nothing to the 1st Dan. They meet the challenge head on, no circular, but HEAD ON! BAM!

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello all, well it's not only bus tickets and the hotel room, the fact is I have no money to pay the exam ($500 american dollars) either, I thoght the examn will be in my city and it will cost no more than 250 dollars. The last examn was $45 dollars.

I will try to make sambokin to understand I don't have the money for the examn this july and I could be examinated on december and start to save some money.

I'm very sorry for this believe me but can't aford the examn very soon.

Manny

britcanbulldogtkd

White Belt
Reaction score
manny,
the fee to me seems excessive but that is not my decision, Family comes first in all cases and the more trainning u do the better u will become.
I wish you good luck whenever u take yr exam. To pass you must be fit in not only body but also in mind.
Focus on the things at home when they are sorted then expand the focus to the rest of your life

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck in whatever you decide. I think you've received some real good input already.

Miles

Latest Discussions