ScotteVest / SeV

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone every try ScotteVest clothing for concealment?

www.scottevest.com

If so, how do you like it?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been getting their stuff for years starting with their law enforcement jacket.

Yes, it's spendy. But if you can afford it it's great. Once you get on their mailing list prices drop. They have sales a few times a year, and older models are often discounted. It's also the only clothing company I've heard of with upgrade paths.

The dozens (literally) of pockets are great, and they're put together so they don't show. A lot of the little features like the magnetic closures, the channels for wires and the velcro patches inside larger pockets are very nice. The jackets aren't specifically designed for CCW the way that some of 5.11 Tactical's stuff is. But it works just about as well and is more versatile.

That last one was one I suggested to them some years back. They thanked me and included it within a couple months which brings up something important. The owners listen to their customers and alter designs accordingly.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't quite know what to make of it. Yes, $120 is more than I would generally think of paying for a light jacket, even if it had some extras. ;)

But paying that kind of price for something of value is different than paying that price for wrinkly crap that doesn't wear very well over time.

Unfortunately my options are limited, vendors that stock specialized clothing that have been designed specifically with a woman's body in mind are very difficult to find. :(

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Carol,

I tend to look like a bum when I pack. Well not THAT bumie, but...

So I would not be familiar with that line of cloths.

I keep my carry setup simple.

My Smith Centennial 642 rides in a IWB made by Gould & Gouldrich back about 12 years ago when they made thin cordura IWB holsters. Nowdays they are thick. So I still use the same holster. The spare ammo is carried in an Uncle Mikes 6 shot speed strip holder (also cordura.) I use any belt to wear with shorts or blue jeans.

The Glock 27 is carried in a IWB Kyndex behind-the-hip holster. It's a thin but strong one. One spare mag is carried in a Sidearmor pouch in front of the weak side hip if I use just a overhanging T-shirt. It looks like a beeper or cell phone to everyone. If I wear a jacket, I carry the spare mag behind the weak side hip.

Only in winter do I carry both guns. Then I have the choice of a weak side Centennial belt holster or a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.

All of this has been well tested for many years!

Deaf

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
The law enforcement SeV lets you do hip carry while the jacket is zipped up because of zippers (flaps with magnetic closures in later models) that go part way up both sides. I can carry the Kahr or the Sig easily in the any of several pockets secured with the integral velcro to a velcro holster like the ones sold by 5.11. Never printed yet. Smaller pistols like the above fit very nicely and nearly invisibly in the outside vest pockets on the heavier versions. I generally balance pistol on one side, spare magazines on the other. So far no comments and no strange looks from law enforcement.

Latest Discussions