Savoury Protein

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yep definitely unflavored, unsweetened whey protein is a great option. Usually cheaper than the flavoured varieties too. Can even pour it onto your breakfast cereal or many other foods to bump up the protein levels

MetalBoar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yep. Looking at Amazon UK it's available, though it looks like there are fewer options than in the US. Still, I expect you could get it most places that sell sports supplements and the like.

EDIT: You'll want to make sure you read the label carefully because the default is to be flavored and sweetened and sometimes they don't make that obvious.
I did not put the link in this post. I don't know what the story is with that, but I didn't link to anything when I posted this.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not put the link in this post. I don't know what the story is with that, but I didn't link to anything when I posted this.
Most forum software supports paid ad links of this sort being added automatically.

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
Protein shakes are a very convenient way of ensuring one takes in sufficient protein especially on training days and if one is a vegetarian. But, I get a bit tired (nauseated) of drinking sweetened protein shakes (of various flavours) several times a day and was wondering if anyone knows if ‘savoury protein’ drinks exist to break the monotony of sweet protein shakes?
I love Met-Rx 30-gram protein bars. Crispy Apple Pie is my favorite flavor.

MetalBoar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Most forum software supports paid ad links of this sort being added automatically.
OK, thanks for the explanation. First time I've seen it happen with one of my posts. A little... disconcerting, in that I'd hate to be seen as endorsing a link that I haven't even visited, but hey, I get it, gotta make a buck to keep the site going.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sure, and I like some heat, but I think the smoky flavor of the chipotles might be nice with the chocolate. I'm not averse to cayenne and chipotles if you feel the cayenne is needed.
The key thing here is whether or not to rely on smoked peppers for metabolic voodoo.

Cayenne wins by a wide margin.

The thread topic is about Savoury Protein.

Vanilla Whey, soda water eggs, low fat chocolate milk, Frank's Red Hot.

Chipotle won't hurt, unless you are allergic to Jalapenos.

Latest Discussions