Roy nelson

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So roy nelson knocked out Bigfoot silva last night but was unhappy with the stoppage so he kicked big john. If the ufc is consistent he'll be cut dana has said before if you ever touch the ref your done. I hope they get rid of him the guys a joke he's so arrogant and full of himself even though he's a sub standard fighter with a big right hand that's it. Rogan talks every fight he's got an underrated ground game yeah okay if he says so lol. I remember he once said him and Brock Lesnar would be the biggest ppv ever lol the guy cant even sellout a free tv fight card let alone a ppv. Well looks like we'll be seeing nelson in bellator soon.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agreed hope they cut him. The guys an embarrassment with his shape a guy who's meant to be training all year round and Is in that disgusting shape it's pathetic he could easily make 205 if he didnt eat so many burgers. Also agreed you never touch the referee that's a scum bag thing to do no matter how angry you are. Also he's lucky big John took it Ive met John and I've rolled with him and sparred him he'd kick nelsons fat *** back to Burger King

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So roy nelson knocked out Bigfoot silva last night but was unhappy with the stoppage so he kicked big john. If the ufc is consistent he'll be cut dana has said before if you ever touch the ref your done.
It's unclear what you're saying here...do you want him to complain about Dana, or are you saying Roy nelson should be banned from UFC? Both seem incredibly unrealistic.
I hope they get rid of him the guys a joke he's so arrogant and full of himself even though he's a sub standard fighter with a big right hand that's it. Rogan talks every fight he's got an underrated ground game yeah okay if he says so lol.
Roy Nelson is underrated, or Joe Rogan is? I didn't watch last nights match, so that might factor into it, but honestly I can't tell which one you are referring to.
I remember he once said him and Brock Lesnar would be the biggest ppv ever lol the guy cant even sellout a free tv fight card let alone a ppv. Well looks like we'll be seeing nelson in bellator soon.
Who is the he you're referring to here? You;ve mentioned Roy Nelson, Antonio Silva, and Dana White, all 3 of which would brag about their prowess (and at least one of them deserves to brag about it). I'm guessing by your next sentence that Roy Nelson is challenging Brock Lesnar to a fight, in which case I am in full support of as that would be an awesome fight to watch.

Final question...what is the point of your original post? Is it to inform us Roy nelson, or someone else if I misunderstood, challenged Brock Lesnar to a fight, to discuss any of the fighters mentioned ability, or something else entirely? This is not me being flippant, I am very confused by this post, as I am many of the posts you make without context towards the purpose of the posts.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's unclear what you're saying here...do you want him to complain about Dana, or are you saying Roy nelson should be banned from UFC? Both seem incredibly unrealistic.

Roy Nelson is underrated, or Joe Rogan is? I didn't watch last nights match, so that might factor into it, but honestly I can't tell which one you are referring to.

Who is the he you're referring to here? You;ve mentioned Roy Nelson, Antonio Silva, and Dana White, all 3 of which would brag about their prowess (and at least one of them deserves to brag about it). I'm guessing by your next sentence that Roy Nelson is challenging Brock Lesnar to a fight, in which case I am in full support of as that would be an awesome fight to watch.

Final question...what is the point of your original post? Is it to inform us Roy nelson, or someone else if I misunderstood, challenged Brock Lesnar to a fight, to discuss any of the fighters mentioned ability, or something else entirely? This is not me being flippant, I am very confused by this post, as I am many of the posts you make without context towards the purpose of the posts.
Umm it's pretty obvious what I'm talking about when I say it in the first sentence and yes nelson should be banned.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Umm it's pretty obvious what I'm talking about when I say it in the first sentence and yes nelson should be banned.
Your first sentence here was "So roy nelson knocked out Bigfoot silva last night but was unhappy with the stoppage so he kicked big john." As someone who did not watch that fight, I see no reason why roy nelson should be banned for knocking out Silva. You have to remember not everyone posting has seen every single fight, so some context may be necessary (I've avoided similar threads you have posted in the past for not knowing the context, but it really would help sometimes for you to explain your opinion).

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Your first sentence here was "So roy nelson knocked out Bigfoot silva last night but was unhappy with the stoppage so he kicked big john." As someone who did not watch that fight, I see no reason why roy nelson should be banned for knocking out Silva. You have to remember not everyone posting has seen every single fight, so some context may be necessary (I've avoided similar threads you have posted in the past for not knowing the context, but it really would help sometimes for you to explain your opinion).
Ummm really? I'm not saying he should be banned for knocking him I'm saying he should be banned for kicking the referee which is pretty obvious

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think Roy Nelson should serve a suspension for touching the ref, no doubt about it.

That being said, I really like Big Country. I don't like what he did, (as mild as it was, still wrong and unacceptable) but in context, I understand the emotional response, not the action itself.

As for him being out of shape - I disagree completely. Looks wise, sure, but this isn't about looks, it's about fighting. Yes, he's a big, fat guy, but if you think you can be a fat guy and fight some of the best fighters in the world, especially heavyweights, and be what we all understand as the definition of "out of shape", you be dreamin'.

Big Country is a joy to watch. I'd love to train with that guy.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think Roy Nelson should serve a suspension for touching the ref, no doubt about it.

That being said, I really like Big Country. I don't like what he did, (as mild as it was, still wrong and unacceptable) but in context, I understand the emotional response, not the action itself.

As for him being out of shape - I disagree completely. Looks wise, sure, but this isn't about looks, it's about fighting. Yes, he's a big, fat guy, but if you think you can be a fat guy and fight some of the best fighters in the world, especially heavyweights, and be what we all understand as the definition of "out of shape", you be dreamin'.

Other fighters have been cut for a let less than what he did. One fighter pushed the ref after being knocked out and got cut. Which isn't as bad as what nelson did because he'd been hurt his brain was scrambled not saying it was right but he was half out of it and upset he'd lost. Nelson was fully aware of what he was doing and did it out of anger. He then flipped him off.

Also he's not got good cardio I think he's only ever won one fight that's gone the distance the rest he's lost. Look at his fight with frank mir or werdum or Cormier he was dominated start to finish and offered nothing in the later rounds because he was so tired.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Other fighters have been cut for a let less than what he did. One fighter pushed the ref after being knocked out and got cut. Which isn't as bad as what nelson did because he'd been hurt his brain was scrambled not saying it was right but he was half out of it and upset he'd lost. Nelson was fully aware of what he was doing and did it out of anger. He then flipped him off.

Also he's not got good cardio I think he's only ever won one fight that's gone the distance the rest he's lost. Look at his fight with frank mir or werdum or Cormier he was dominated start to finish and offered nothing in the later rounds because he was so tired.

And look at who you are talking about - Frank Mir, Daniel Cormier and Fabricio Werdum, not exactly slouches....and a fat guy...who can fight like the Dickens.

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
'Big John' is the nickname of UFC referee John McCarthy. Roy Nelson kicked him (John) when he got mad after a stoppage of the fight.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
God just seen his post fight press conference god the guy is so full of himself

Plus if people watch what happened he didn't kick him straight away he was just pumped up he walked off and walked around the cage a big then walked back over and kicked him.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
God just seen his post fight press conference god the guy is so full of himself

Plus if people watch what happened he didn't kick him straight away he was just pumped up he walked off and walked around the cage a big then walked back over and kicked him.
He seems genuinely concerned with the other fighter's safety in that he felt Big Foot was koed and the fight wasn't stopped quick enough. I have no problem with that.
I don't agree with his pushing the ref with his foot (it wasn't a "kick"). As wrong as it was; it seems to have been done out of frustration but not wanting to actually harm McCarthy.

You appear to have a dislike for Nelson due to the shape of his body and look.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Roy Nelson is a former adcc champ. He's a legitimate grappler.

Regarding the kick thing, a suspension sounds right to me.

For his shape, some guys just aren't built to be lean.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He seems genuinely concerned with the other fighter's safety in that he felt Big Foot was koed and the fight wasn't stopped quick enough. I have no problem with that.
I don't agree with his pushing the ref with his foot (it wasn't a "kick"). As wrong as it was; it seems to have been done out of frustration but not wanting to actually harm McCarthy.

You appear to have a dislike for Nelson due to the shape of his body and look.
If he's that concerned why did he keep hitting him if he's that angry and upset yet he's throwing hard punches that are at 100% he said he knew he was out after the first punch then why didnt he walk away if he was done then the ref would've stopped it but he chose to go down and keep pounding him

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
i watched him as a coach on ultimate fighter. worst coach ever. ... just sayin.
im sure there would be plenty for me to learn from him but hes not an organized thoughtfull coach. the tv show may have been biased for entertainment but his entire team was wishing they were on the other team.
i do like to watch him fight. i like guys with heavy hands,

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
im sure there would be plenty for me to learn from him but hes not an organized thoughtfull coach. the tv show may have been biased for entertainment but his entire team was wishing they were on the other team.
Also when he was a contestant himself he refused to listen to the coaches. He was actually telling rashad Evans how to do stuff and when they had a go at him about it he just sat there with a dumb smile and acted like he was a world beater after beating kimbo slice the easiest fight on the show

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Oh, I wouldn't want him coaching me. Love to train with him, though. Must be fun to spar with.

Worst coach I ever saw was Ken Shamrock. Never thought somebody could be that bad at anything.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh, I wouldn't want him coaching me. Love to train with him, though. Must be fun to spar with.

Worst coach I ever saw was Ken Shamrock. Never thought somebody could be that bad at anything.
Nah like I said rampage easily the worst the guy spent the whole show making jokes and tiki his second coach was just jacksons nut hugger. I think they made shamrock look worse than he was by showing all the days off they had in training. But let's be honest shamrocks team was pretty awful there really weren't any top guys apart from ed Herman and kalib Starnes who actually both won their fights. Whereas tito had michael bisping, Kendall grove, matt hammil, Rory singer a lot of good guys

Latest Discussions