Roy nelson

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nah like I said rampage easily the worst the guy spent the whole show making jokes and tiki his second coach was just jacksons nut hugger. I think they made shamrock look worse than he was by showing all the days off they had in training. But let's be honest shamrocks team was pretty awful there really weren't any top guys apart from ed Herman and kalib Starnes who actually both won their fights. Whereas tito had michael bisping, Kendall grove, matt hammil, Rory singer a lot of good guys

Yes, but Tito could coach, quite well, actually. Perhaps it was the contrast to Shamrock. And I remember the looks on all of the fighters, how bummed they were to be on that team.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, but Tito could coach, quite well, actually. Perhaps it was the contrast to Shamrock. And I remember the looks on all of the fighters, how bummed they were to be on that team.
Well I very much doubt shamrocks as bad a coach as they made out the guy had run his own team for years producing a bunch of great fighters and that was probably because shamrock hadnt been around in years and tito was the bigger name. It was the same with pulver and penn most wanted to be on penns team but it turned out pulver was a way better coach.

Skill wise jackosn was the worst coach but the one I'd hate to be on is Hughes. He was a total jerk when he coached he bullied and belittled his fighters and if one didnt fight as well as he wanted he'd beat them all up in training guys would leave with cuts on their heads he's the one I'd hate to train with most

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Okay. :)

But to look at it in another way....Rampage was a coach in 2008, Shamrock in 2006.
Perhaps you were young when those shows took place. Perhaps you viewed it in a different way. Just a guess, mind you.

How old were you then?

Last edited:

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
The thing that turned me off with Hugh was his insistence on prayer and God. I admire the guy for having a strong faith but that was not the time and place for it. The team was there to fight and get a contract ,not bible study.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay. :)

But to look at it in another way....Rampage was a coach in 2008, Shamrock in 2006.
Perhaps you were young when those shows took place. Perhaps you viewed it in a different way. Just a guess, mind you.

How old were you then?
Doesn't make a difference because I didnt watch them back when they aired I watched them all around the same time on DVD

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The thing that turned me off with Hugh was his insistence on prayer and God. I admire the guy for having a strong faith but that was not the time and place for it. The team was there to fight and get a contract ,not bible study.
Yeah that was kind of bad but I just didnt like his bully tactics he did it with franklin because he didnt talk back to him but notice when he coached against Serra he didnt do anything to him then because he knew Serra would talk back typical bully tactics. I loved the beginning of that series when Hughes came in trying to be all friendly with Serra and he was just like no I don't like you you don't like me let's not pretend to be buddies.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So roy nelson knocked out Bigfoot silva last night
If you are going to announce the results of fights before we have all had a chance to watch them, perhaps you could include the words *spolier warining* in the title of your thread?

Some of us have to record it and watch it long after the dust has settled in U.S. timezones.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you are going to announce the results of fights before we have all had a chance to watch them, perhaps you could include the words *spolier warining* in the title of your thread?

Some of us have to record it and watch it long after the dust has settled in U.S. timezones.
My friend if you see a thread called roy nelson that was posted the day after roy nelson had a fight and you want to avoid spoilers shouldn't it be obvious to not click on the thread

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dude, it's just polite.
Well I wanted to talk about It so I posted it like I said it's also common sense to not read it if you want to avoid if I'd put Roy nelson wins by knockout in the title that would be spoilers but I just put the name which should be enough a warning as it is

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he's that concerned why did he keep hitting him if he's that angry and upset yet he's throwing hard punches that are at 100% he said he knew he was out after the first punch then why didnt he walk away if he was done then the ref would've stopped it but he chose to go down and keep pounding him
For the umpteenth time:
It's not eh fighter's job to stop the fight; it's the ref's.
Fighters keep fighting until the fight is stopped.
As refs go, most of the guys in the UFC kinda suck in this regard, one way or the other, but that's as much the fault of the rules and the way those fights can go as it is theirs.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well I wanted to talk about It so I posted it like I said it's also common sense to not read it if you want to avoid if I'd put Roy nelson wins by knockout in the title that would be spoilers but I just put the name which should be enough a warning as it is

With two ears and one mouth, sometimes it's best to listen to twice as much as you say.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For the umpteenth time:
It's not eh fighter's job to stop the fight; it's the ref's.
Fighters keep fighting until the fight is stopped.
As refs go, most of the guys in the UFC kinda suck in this regard, one way or the other, but that's as much the fault of the rules and the way those fights can go as it is theirs.
Sure then roy nelson should let him have done his job. He sounded like he was so upset but no one told him to keep hitting him. Seen it plenty of times the fighters make gestures to the refs to try and get it stopped quicker to force them in to doing something fact is Bigfoot was still moving and was trying to get up he wasnt completely unresponsive unconscious

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really. I saw the thread initially and assumed something happened to him, so clicked on it. First sentence into your rant you inform us of the results, so if anyone clicked on it they have no time or way to realize you're talking about the fight and leave before "So roy nelson knocked out Bigfoot silva last night". Fight was pointless to watch after that so I never did.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
youncould just put "potential spoilers" in the title of the thread. Or at the top of a particular post that had spoilers. Common sense and polite.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
To help avoid any confusion in the future, I've included an example of a spoiler alert -

original-208d584307e66821a0ccc8a31b234a2b.jpg

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
To help avoid any confusion in the future, I've included an example of a spoiler alert -

original-208d584307e66821a0ccc8a31b234a2b.jpg

:rolleyes:

Erm....actually, Jesus tapped.

Twice.

Going a little farther, He fell facedown and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me. Yet not as I will, but as You will."
Matthew 26:39

A second time He went away and prayed, "My Father, if this cup cannot pass unless I drink it, may Your will be done." Matthew 26:42

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Roy Nelson is a former adcc champ. He's a legitimate grappler.

Regarding the kick thing, a suspension sounds right to me.

For his shape, some guys just aren't built to be lean.

Yeah but consistency? before roy did it. ìt was accepted that it would end your career.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yeah but consistency? before roy did it. ìt was accepted that it would end your career.
Kicking the ref? Well, it might end his career. We don't know yet. But I think consistency is more about perception than reality. What I mean is, sure, some things are a BIG DEAL. Others are not. And in the scheme of things, the punishment should be relative to the severity of the infraction. Kicking a referee is a big deal, and so the punishment should also be a big deal. But there is room for it to be less than termination of the contract if the context warrants it.

Bottom line for me is that each situation needs to be weighed on its own, and while a part of the evaluation should be considering what actions were taken in comparable situations in the past, that's just one of the considerations.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Kicking the ref? Well, it might end his career. We don't know yet. But I think consistency is more about perception than reality. What I mean is, sure, some things are a BIG DEAL. Others are not. And in the scheme of things, the punishment should be relative to the severity of the infraction. Kicking a referee is a big deal, and so the punishment should also be a big deal. But there is room for it to be less than termination of the contract if the context warrants it.

Bottom line for me is that each situation needs to be weighed on its own, and while a part of the evaluation should be considering what actions were taken in comparable situations in the past, that's just one of the considerations.

Which I am sure will be the statement that comes out. Rather than money talks.

The last time this happened the words used were unforgivable. It will be quite an interesting back flip i think.

Latest Discussions