Roadside Emergency

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yesterday I had a flat tire on I-95. So...I ease the Hondar over to the shoulder of the road. I then carefully get out, and pop open the back hatch. I took out 2 cardboard men, unfolded them and stood them at the rear of my car facing oncoming traffic.

They look so lifelike you wouldn't believe! They are in trench coats exposing their nude bodies and private parts to the approaching drivers. But to my surprise, cars start slowing down looking at my lifelike men. And of course, traffic starts backing up. Everybody is tooting their horns and waving like crazy.

It wasn't long before a state trooper pulls up behind me. He gets out of his car and starts walking towards me. It was obvious that he was NOT a happy camper!

"What's going on here?", he demanded. I calmly explained that the Hondar had a flat. "Well, what the hell are those obscene cardboard men doing here by the road?" he barked.

I couldn't believe that he didn't know! So I told him. "Hellooooo!! Those are my emergency flashers!" :lol2:

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Police will always stop for a disabled kaur!

That cop had a good case against you - but only on paper.

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was seriously reading that, wondering why this was in the comedy section...I was thinking you were going to start going into this whole story of how a wreck happened and it was horrible and yadda yadda yadda...

And then I read the punch line, and I didn't get it for the first half second, and then went "ooooohhhhhh"....had a whole facepalm moment going on.

I think that joke actually works better having to read it than hear it....lol.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife and I had a chance to ride with Carol at the M&G a few years ago. By "eased over" she means "whipped over across 2 lanes of traffic at 65." :rofl:

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You're point is...? :idunno: :rofl:

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its not Carol's fault, that is how they teach you to drive in Drivers Ed on the Northshore :D

This is the North Shore driver's ed curriculum:

"It's the pedal on the right"

:lol2:

EDIT: I forgot, we're also taught how to drive with our knees controlling the steering wheel. Frees up both hands to make appropriate gestures in traffic ;)

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I liked the characters in this story even though the supporting roles were a bit flat, lacked depth.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:standing ovation:

My compliments, ladies and gentlemen. Some superb punning and word-plays at work here :tup:.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
This is the North Shore driver's ed curriculum:

"It's the pedal on the right"

:lol2:

EDIT: I forgot, we're also taught how to drive with our knees controlling the steering wheel. Frees up both hands to make appropriate gestures in traffic ;)

"Remember class, what'ts the MA driver's slogan?"

"IF YOU'RE NOT BEHIND ME, YOU'RE IN MY WAY!!"

"Good. You passed."

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm glad the couple dropped the matter. Perhaps the officer was being insensitive, which may be a personality defect, but not a crime. Motorists, including police, get hurt all the time in breakdown lanes. He's probably scraped a few off the road.

Besides, LEOs have done worse than this without getting national attention. Hell. I'm very good at my job as a teacher, but if were judged by my worst days, I'd be out of a job.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm glad the couple dropped the matter. Perhaps the officer was being insensitive, which may be a personality defect, but not a crime. Motorists, including police, get hurt all the time in breakdown lanes. He's probably scraped a few off the road.

Besides, LEOs have done worse than this without getting national attention. Hell. I'm very good at my job as a teacher, but if were judged by my worst days, I'd be out of a job.

(Pssst....Gordon...wrong thread) ;)

Latest Discussions